PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else catch what they said about willis?

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 05:00 PM
That HE told them that he didn't lift this offseason? That he just ran and did cardio? I about fell out of my chair when they said that.

LtBillsFan66
09-24-2006, 05:02 PM
I heard it, but don't believe it.

TacklingDummy
Who cares? Willis is the best offensive weapon the Bills have. He played well today.

honey
Yes, I heard that. I also heard Boomer say something about Willis being our whole offense. Or something to that effect. :(

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 05:04 PM
Who cares? Willis is the best offensive weapon the Bills have. He played well today. Incorrect. he ran well. To be a great back in this league, you must BLOCK and be able to recieve good also. Willis is horrible at pass protection and is average at best in catching the ball.

So to answer your question as to who cares? Every Bills fan SHOULD care.

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 05:04 PM
I heard it, but don't believe it. I do. Why would they make this up?

LtBillsFan66
09-24-2006, 05:06 PM
I do. Why would they make this up?
They talk out of their asses the entire game.

LABillsFan
09-24-2006, 05:09 PM
His stiff arm seems to be one of the best , he doesn't get the ball ripped out of his arms either. His legs were driving all day long. If he was continually fumbling when he gets hit I would say it's a point that needs to be addressed, but he doesn't.

He had a career day. If he isn't a great blocker, don't call that play with him in their. Use A-train more early on and set up the play with A-train or a better blocking back.

YardRat
09-24-2006, 05:10 PM
I'm not a fan of Willis working out in Miami while the rest of the team is up here to begin with.

I'd be more concerned about it if he didn't show a good stiff-arm a couple of times today. Whether or not he lifted, he still has enough upper body strength to pull that off at least.

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 05:14 PM
I'm not a fan of Willis working out in Miami while the rest of the team is up here to begin with.

I'd be more concerned about it if he didn't show a good stiff-arm a couple of times today. Whether or not he lifted, he still has enough upper body strength to pull that off at least.

Yeah but YR its more than obvious it isn't as effective as a couple years back. I belive he did very little down there this offseason. Or should I say, as little as possible

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 05:15 PM
His stiff arm seems to be one of the best , he doesn't get the ball ripped out of his arms either. His legs were driving all day long. If he was continually fumbling when he gets hit I would say it's a point that needs to be addressed, but he doesn't.

He had a career day. If he isn't a great blocker, don't call that play with him in their. Use A-train more early on and set up the play with A-train or a better blocking back.

he fumbled but was ruled down inside the 5 on one of our last drives

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 05:16 PM
They talk out of their asses the entire game.They said he directly said it to them. now I don't think they flat made this up and lied about it

Richard Gozinya
09-24-2006, 06:39 PM
Incorrect. he ran well. To be a great back in this league, you must BLOCK and be able to recieve good also.

Nope. Willis whiffed on that one block where JP fumbled, but was excellent the rest of the game as a whole.

btw, here's what we would've seen had JP not (twice) lofted the screen pass over Willis's head right after the onside kick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WryFMru4So

That play was WIDE open, and JP and Willis both knew it. Watch the replay, and note Willis's body language coming out of the huddle. That play would've gone for at lest 30 yards.

JP gagged. He did some good things today, but he missed that screen pass when it counted. Twice. That play was so open the first time, they ran it again.

Typ0
09-24-2006, 06:43 PM
That HE told them that he didn't lift this offseason? That he just ran and did cardio? I about fell out of my chair when they said that.

you are fishing to make McGahee look bad because he missed a block today and JP got the crap knocked out of him.

LABillsFan
09-24-2006, 06:45 PM
he fumbled but was ruled down inside the 5 on one of our last drives

He's lost 3 fumbles in over 700 touches throughout his career.

kinigirly
09-24-2006, 06:46 PM
lol oh man. i am one of the biggest jp supporters i know and have been 100% behind him since the draft....but i'm also the first one to scream every obscenity known to man at him while watching the game. i love him, but he ain't perfect

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Nope. Willis whiffed on that one block where JP fumbled, but was excellent the rest of the game as a whole.

btw, here's what we would've seen had JP not (twice) lofted the screen pass over Willis's head right after the onside kick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WryFMru4So

That play was WIDE open, and JP and Willis both knew it. Watch the replay, and note Willis's body language coming out of the huddle. That play would've gone for at lest 30 yards.

JP gagged. He did some good things today, but he missed that screen pass when it counted. Twice. That play was so open the first time, they ran it again.

I notice that on all 3 screens seemed to float on him today. I say part of it was weather and part of it was jp lofted the ball too much

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 06:48 PM
He's lost 3 fumbles in over 700 touches throughout his career. and? The man fumbled but they ruled down by contact first. It isn't a big deal but he did.

and again to be a GREAT BACK, isn't that what you guys want him to be?, he has to BLOCK Well and catch better. He had a good game today but far from a great one

TacklingDummy
09-24-2006, 06:52 PM
and? The man fumbled but they ruled down by contact first.

I don't hear you complaining about Losmans fumble last week against Miami that the Ref. ruled in the grasp.

LABillsFan
09-24-2006, 07:01 PM
and? The man fumbled but they ruled down by contact first. It isn't a big deal but he did.

and again to be a GREAT BACK, isn't that what you guys want him to be?, he has to BLOCK Well and catch better. He had a good game today but far from a great one

Then stop making it a big deal. Willis put the ball on the ground after he was down. Name one back who hasn't fumbled before he was down, missed a block, or dropped a pass. The point is (sticking to each one at a time) he holds on to the ball and fumbles very infrequently.

Blocking. He missed a block, name one back who hasn't. His blocking isn't where you want it to be and it may never be. Use A train more early on, and later on in the game call that play with A-train in there. Let's see how he does. Maybe he does better maybe he doesn't, maybe the line blocking scheme has to be changed. There are ways around it. I have seen Willis pick up blockers before and lay them out so he can do it. He got beat on that one.

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 07:03 PM
Then stop making it a big deal. Willis put the ball on the ground after he was down. Name one back who hasn't fumbled before he was down, missed a block, or dropped a pass. The point is (sticking to each one at a time) he holds on to the ball and fumbles very infrequently.

Blocking. He missed a block, name one back who hasn't. His blocking isn't where you want it to be and it may never be. Use A train more early on, and later on in the game call that play with A-train in there. Let's see how he does. Maybe he does better maybe he doesn't, maybe the line blocking scheme has to be changed. There are ways around it. I have seen Willis pick up blockers before and lay them out so he can do it. He got beat on that one.

Name one QB that hasn't had 3 turnovers esp on a rebuilding team. I stop when the others stop.

LABillsFan
09-24-2006, 07:05 PM
Name one QB that hasn't had 3 turnovers esp on a rebuilding team. I stop when the others stop.

You're a dot agitator aren't you?

:rofl:

Typ0
09-25-2006, 05:46 AM
I don't hear you complaining about Losmans fumble last week against Miami that the Ref. ruled in the grasp.

I don't see him complaining about his other fumble yesterday or the ball he threw away either...but I see post upon post about how it's not his fault.