• Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Blame the coaches.

The coaches lost us the game.

1) The fake field goal.

2) No blitzing.

3) The QB rollout on 3rd and goal from the 2 yard line.

4) The pass play on 4th and 3 from their 28.

5) The pass play on 3rd and 8 when we had 3 points guaranteed which resulted in a turnover.

I guess the Miami game wasn't exciting enough. We needed the drama.
  • honey
    • Aug 2002

Re: Blame the coaches.

That fake field goal had me shaking my head. Why on earth did they try that?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIK5F4zRN0Y

Comment

• LABillsFan
      • Aug 2002

I thought it was a good call, I just couldn't believe no Bill lineman accounted for the Jet though

Now this play was not what I want to see in that situation.
      I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

The fake FG was bizarre. Not good.

I liked the rollout; JP's perfect for that, but the defender beat his man.

On 4th and 3, the only other option was to punt because the wind ruled out a FG attempt.
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

the attempted pitch to Peters pissed me off. with the wind at his back that was 3 points

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

I was just getting ready to post this.

Too many thought Jauron was better then he really is after beating the Dolphins. This isn't Belichek. He is average and not great.

We gave up way too many points today when we had a chance for at least a FG. The playcalling after we hit the 30yd line was absolutely terrible today. They couldn't make the calls to get the defense off the field when we needed either.

1st and goal inside the 5 and we only get a TD out of it. There is no excuse for that. The bootleg should've been a play you try on 1st or 2nd down.

The fake FG was just pathetic along with going for 4th and 3. Then throwing on 3rd and long when we have a chance for a FG.

All of that stuff which most of them was early in the game beat us today and took momentum away. We gave up 6 points in the first quarter alone. Then another 3 points later with that stupid shovel pass. Then not being able to get in the EZ on 1st and goal from the 5.

That is 13 points we squandered right there. Even 9 points with all the FG's we pissed away.

This defense also can't stop somebody on 3rd and 4th and short. When it's 3rd or 4th and 1 we always give them up. This DL isn't good enough to penetrate into the backfield to stop them.

This is still a bad team and this coaching staff still isn't as good as needed to be.

I knew after the 1st quarter after we had dominated the game and was only up 7-0 when it should've been 13-0 that we were probably gonna lose this game. You can't piss away points in the NFL and expect to win. A FG is better then nothing. This coaching staff pissed away 3 of them today. And then when we need a TD the most they can't punch it in the EZ and we end up with a FG.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
              the attempted pitch to Peters pissed me off. with the wind at his back that was 3 points
              Thats funny, in the gameday thread you said it was the right call.

Comment

• paladin warrior
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

1) The fake field goal.

2) No blitzing.

5) The pass play on 3rd and 8 when we had 3 points guaranteed which resulted in a turnover.

Me too all the above are corret

Comment

• doomsdayvirus
                  decade of fail
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by honey
                  That fake field goal had me shaking my head. Why on earth did they try that?
                  20-30 mph winds and a 55 yard attempt don't mix. therefore they had to either punt or try something. and even punting would have been iffy early on because the ball could easily sail out of bounds.
                  d00Mz

http://www.DecadeOfFail.com

FAIL SALE!!!: ALL T-Shirts, any size, now only $6.99!!

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

The fake was a little bizarre, but I'm not as ticked about this one as the one in NE.

I didn't mind the lack of blitzing, thought it was a good strategy, but wouldn't have minded seeing a couple more thrown in. If I remember correctly, every time we did try a blitz it was up the middle and got clogged down at the line of scrimmage. I don't recall seeing anything come from the outside.

I liked the naked bootleg call. Hamilton flat out played it perfectly.

Can't complain about the pass on 4th down...if we would've run and failed I would be just as pissed. Plays like that it's not the call as much as it is the execution.

I honestly don't recall the third and eight play in FG range.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• X-Era
                      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                      • Feb 2005

1) The fake field goal.

2) No blitzing.

Well put!!!

Comment

• BillsFever21
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by doomsdayvirus
                        20-30 mph winds and a 55 yard attempt don't mix. therefore they had to either punt or try something. and even punting would have been iffy early on because the ball could easily sail out of bounds.
                        If you're not gonna kick the FG and you're gonna attempt to make the 1st down then you bring your offense onto the field to make it. You don't try some stupid shovel pass which wasn't even close to being executed.

The offense would've had a higher percentage of a chance to make that 4th down then the ST's attempting a shovel pass.

The offense practices these plays everyday and have been doing it their entire lives. The ST's doesn't. You have better odds of lining up with your offense and making that then you do by trying a shovel pass.

Too many are giving Jauron a free pass with that stupid call. Had it been Mularkey who attempted that you guys would be going off the wall about it.

So many cried about Mularkey and him trying these trick plays and didn't like them. *****ed everytime he tried one that didn't work. Jauron calls for one that doesn't even come close to working and some are giving him a free pass.

Line up with your offense and go for the 4th down. Not with your ST's. Your offense will make that play more times then your ST's trying a trick play that they haven't done in years if ever in their career.

Comment

• don137
                          • Jul 2002

While I am not saying there was not a few questionable coaching decisions however you guys need to remember the weather conditions. No way Lindell would of made a 45 yard FG into the wind. I wasn't sure he was going to make the 36 yard FG.
                          Why not pass on 3rd and 8? If they ran people would of called them conservative. They pass and now people call them too risky.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                            • Jul 2002

1) The fake field goal.

2) No blitzing.

If you've read any of my posts from today, then you know that I agree with your assesment that the coaches were a big reason why we lost this game. Also, I think they were a big reason why we lost the game in NE. That said, I'm really not feeling to great about this coaching staff...just yet. Hopefully with time, but they are really looking like a bunch of rookies on the sidelines and not the veteran coaching that we thought we were getting.

Comment

• Kerr
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

The fake? The vikings did it and worked for them. I guess DJ figured the jets wouldn't expect it either.

Comment

Working...
                              X