PDA

View Full Version : Blame the coaches.

HHURRICANE
09-24-2006, 05:08 PM
The coaches lost us the game.

1) The fake field goal.

2) No blitzing.

3) The QB rollout on 3rd and goal from the 2 yard line.

4) The pass play on 4th and 3 from their 28.

5) The pass play on 3rd and 8 when we had 3 points guaranteed which resulted in a turnover.

I guess the Miami game wasn't exciting enough. We needed the drama.

honey
09-24-2006, 05:10 PM
That fake field goal had me shaking my head. Why on earth did they try that? :idunno:

LABillsFan
09-24-2006, 05:12 PM
I thought it was a good call, I just couldn't believe no Bill lineman accounted for the Jet though

Now this play was not what I want to see in that situation.

Philagape
09-24-2006, 05:16 PM
The fake FG was bizarre. Not good.

I liked the rollout; JP's perfect for that, but the defender beat his man.

On 4th and 3, the only other option was to punt because the wind ruled out a FG attempt.

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 05:17 PM
the attempted pitch to Peters pissed me off. with the wind at his back that was 3 points

BillsFever21
09-24-2006, 05:22 PM
I was just getting ready to post this.

Too many thought Jauron was better then he really is after beating the Dolphins. This isn't Belichek. He is average and not great.

We gave up way too many points today when we had a chance for at least a FG. The playcalling after we hit the 30yd line was absolutely terrible today. They couldn't make the calls to get the defense off the field when we needed either.

1st and goal inside the 5 and we only get a TD out of it. There is no excuse for that. The bootleg should've been a play you try on 1st or 2nd down.

The fake FG was just pathetic along with going for 4th and 3. Then throwing on 3rd and long when we have a chance for a FG.

All of that stuff which most of them was early in the game beat us today and took momentum away. We gave up 6 points in the first quarter alone. Then another 3 points later with that stupid shovel pass. Then not being able to get in the EZ on 1st and goal from the 5.

That is 13 points we squandered right there. Even 9 points with all the FG's we pissed away.

This defense also can't stop somebody on 3rd and 4th and short. When it's 3rd or 4th and 1 we always give them up. This DL isn't good enough to penetrate into the backfield to stop them.

This is still a bad team and this coaching staff still isn't as good as needed to be.

I knew after the 1st quarter after we had dominated the game and was only up 7-0 when it should've been 13-0 that we were probably gonna lose this game. You can't piss away points in the NFL and expect to win. A FG is better then nothing. This coaching staff pissed away 3 of them today. And then when we need a TD the most they can't punch it in the EZ and we end up with a FG.

TacklingDummy
09-24-2006, 05:33 PM
the attempted pitch to Peters pissed me off. with the wind at his back that was 3 points

Thats funny, in the gameday thread you said it was the right call.

paladin warrior
09-24-2006, 05:39 PM

1) The fake field goal.

2) No blitzing.

5) The pass play on 3rd and 8 when we had 3 points guaranteed which resulted in a turnover.

I guess the Miami game wasn't exciting enough. We needed the drama. Me too all the above are corret

doomsdayvirus
09-24-2006, 05:58 PM
That fake field goal had me shaking my head. Why on earth did they try that? :idunno:

20-30 mph winds and a 55 yard attempt don't mix. therefore they had to either punt or try something. and even punting would have been iffy early on because the ball could easily sail out of bounds.

YardRat
09-24-2006, 06:10 PM
The fake was a little bizarre, but I'm not as ticked about this one as the one in NE.

I didn't mind the lack of blitzing, thought it was a good strategy, but wouldn't have minded seeing a couple more thrown in. If I remember correctly, every time we did try a blitz it was up the middle and got clogged down at the line of scrimmage. I don't recall seeing anything come from the outside.

I liked the naked bootleg call. Hamilton flat out played it perfectly.

Can't complain about the pass on 4th down...if we would've run and failed I would be just as pissed. Plays like that it's not the call as much as it is the execution.

I honestly don't recall the third and eight play in FG range.

X-Era
09-24-2006, 06:12 PM

1) The fake field goal.

2) No blitzing.

Well put!!!

BillsFever21
09-24-2006, 06:15 PM
20-30 mph winds and a 55 yard attempt don't mix. therefore they had to either punt or try something. and even punting would have been iffy early on because the ball could easily sail out of bounds.

If you're not gonna kick the FG and you're gonna attempt to make the 1st down then you bring your offense onto the field to make it. You don't try some stupid shovel pass which wasn't even close to being executed.

The offense would've had a higher percentage of a chance to make that 4th down then the ST's attempting a shovel pass.

The offense practices these plays everyday and have been doing it their entire lives. The ST's doesn't. You have better odds of lining up with your offense and making that then you do by trying a shovel pass.

Too many are giving Jauron a free pass with that stupid call. Had it been Mularkey who attempted that you guys would be going off the wall about it.

So many cried about Mularkey and him trying these trick plays and didn't like them. *****ed everytime he tried one that didn't work. Jauron calls for one that doesn't even come close to working and some are giving him a free pass.

Line up with your offense and go for the 4th down. Not with your ST's. Your offense will make that play more times then your ST's trying a trick play that they haven't done in years if ever in their career.

don137
09-24-2006, 06:54 PM
While I am not saying there was not a few questionable coaching decisions however you guys need to remember the weather conditions. No way Lindell would of made a 45 yard FG into the wind. I wasn't sure he was going to make the 36 yard FG.
Why not pass on 3rd and 8? If they ran people would of called them conservative. They pass and now people call them too risky.

Nighthawk
09-24-2006, 06:57 PM

1) The fake field goal.

2) No blitzing.

If you've read any of my posts from today, then you know that I agree with your assesment that the coaches were a big reason why we lost this game. Also, I think they were a big reason why we lost the game in NE. That said, I'm really not feeling to great about this coaching staff...just yet. Hopefully with time, but they are really looking like a bunch of rookies on the sidelines and not the veteran coaching that we thought we were getting.

Kerr
09-24-2006, 07:01 PM
The fake? The vikings did it and worked for them. I guess DJ figured the jets wouldn't expect it either.

Michael82
09-24-2006, 07:13 PM

1) The fake field goal.

2) No blitzing.

Good post! :bf1:

BillsFever21
09-24-2006, 07:25 PM
The fake? The vikings did it and worked for them. I guess DJ figured the jets wouldn't expect it either.

They're gonna work every now and then. The percentage of it working is very low.

The Vikings executed it perfectly. We weren't even close to executing the play. For a play like that to work you have to execute it perfectly and at the right time. The odds are low of it working.

You have a much better chance of lining up with your offense and playmakers then making it with a gadget play with your ST's.

bills_7
09-24-2006, 11:02 PM
The coaches are the reason, anyone who says it was JP knows nothing about football...

the only stand out mistake other then the pick... was the last play of the game he should of run for the first...

The coaches are gona get him hurt makn him stand in the pocket like that he needs to run more... myb those 2 fumbles wouldnt have hapned either

ddaryl
09-25-2006, 01:27 AM
The fake FG was bizarre. Not good.

I liked the rollout; JP's perfect for that, but the defender beat his man.

On 4th and 3, the only other option was to punt because the wind ruled out a FG attempt.

The roll out was a good play that was stymied by picture perfect defensive play by the Jets OLB.

The fake field goal was a good play IMO just executed like crap.

I'm still happy about our team and only hope they rebound and show some heart. This entire year is about learning the playbooks, gaining experience, and finding consistency and improving.

Mr. Cynical
09-25-2006, 01:33 AM
Too many thought Jauron was better then he really is after beating the Dolphins.

Not me. :D

BAM
09-25-2006, 01:34 AM
I'm still happy about our team and only hope they rebound and show some heart. This entire year is about learning the playbooks, gaining experience, and finding consistency and improving.

Yup and then next year after they draft some offensive line help (HOPEFULLY) we should be all set. I'm not expecting too much this year. Anything better than 7-9 is a bonus to me.

Dr. Lecter
09-25-2006, 08:56 AM

1) The fake field goal.

2) No blitzing.

1. As much as peole say the wind was at Lindell's back, it was a typical swirling wind. I understand the theory behind it. Had the wind taken the ball, the Jets would have had great field position.
2. They did do some blitzing, it was not working this week.
3. Great call. Better defensive play.
4. Meh. A run is not necessarily great either.
5. No 3 poitns are guarenteed and if he plays settle for the FG-ball, the team will lose quite often. Playing scared is stupid.

Another point: the single play calls are not from Jauron. Like most good coaches, he lets the coordinators call the plays on offense and defense. So to blame him for individual play calls is a sign that somebody wants to blame him for the loss.

BTW, Jauron did not turn the ball over once. He did not fumble or throw a horrible int (sorry Ice, that was a very bad pass). He did not miss the bltizing safety to get JP blind-sided (McGahee still needs to work on his blocking, which is why he should in Buffalo and hanging with his fellow guys from the 'U').

So before people go off on Jauron with their blind "I am not going to give the guy a chance" blinders, look at the entire picture.

Earthquake Enyart
09-25-2006, 09:02 AM
The problem with the fake was the execution, not the call. The other problem was the pass beforehand. It was a 4 down area all the way. If they ran it, and didn't make it, it would have been 4th and 1 not 4th and 3

I was surprised by how little we blitzed.

No problem with the bootleg, the Jet guy just played it perfectly. Had he not made the tackle, JP could have crawled in.

justasportsfan
09-25-2006, 09:02 AM
Now this thread I perfectly agree with.

the REAL Rudeman
09-25-2006, 09:23 AM
Marv sure blew it when he hired this guy. He panicked and took the first guy available.

Some of the blame has to fall on MARV.

Dr. Lecter
09-25-2006, 09:27 AM
The Bills have played three games under this and already show an improvement.

Who woudl have you hired Rudeman? They interviewed a number of guys.

the REAL Rudeman
09-25-2006, 09:32 AM
He was the Lions' D coordinator. Are you kidding me? The FREAKIN LIONS???!!!!! Have you seen the Lions play? They're worse than we are. There's absolutely nothing good about anything that is/was even remotely associated with the Lions. I KNOW. I live here.

"In his five seasons in Chicago, Jauron accumulated a 35-46 (.432) overall record."

A truly brilliant resume.

HHURRICANE
09-25-2006, 09:32 AM
Another point: the single play calls are not from Jauron. Like most good coaches, he lets the coordinators call the plays on offense and defense. So to blame him for individual play calls is a sign that somebody wants to blame him for the loss.

BTW, Jauron did not turn the ball over once. He did not fumble or throw a horrible int (sorry Ice, that was a very bad pass). He did not miss the bltizing safety to get JP blind-sided (McGahee still needs to work on his blocking, which is why he should in Buffalo and hanging with his fellow guys from the 'U').

So before people go off on Jauron with their blind "I am not going to give the guy a chance" blinders, look at the entire picture.

Nice, well thought out post. I talked to my buddy last night and #1 could go either way. The only exception I have is that we didn't throw any slants and from what I understand they were available all afternoon. Why have JP trying to thow the deep ball and giving the D a chance to sack him?!!

Dr. Lecter
09-25-2006, 09:38 AM
I thought the big mistake, and whether this was JP or the coaches or both, was that he did not use his legs. Instead of sending heavy pressure the Jets dropped off and only rushed four quite often. Had Losman taken off a few times, they might not have dropped everybody so deep.

But I do agree, Losman looke deep way, way too often . And some of short passes were not crisp.

the REAL Rudeman
09-25-2006, 09:38 AM
The HEAD coach accepts the responsibility of his subordinates. The blame ultimately falls on him.

LtBillsFan66
09-25-2006, 09:39 AM
I thought the big mistake, and whether this was JP or the coaches or both, was that he did not use his legs. Instead of sending heavy pressure the Jets dropped off and only rushed four quite often. Had Losman taken off a few times, they might not have dropped everybody so deep.

But I do agree, Losman looke deep way, way too often . And some of short passes were not crisp.
Agreed.

Dr. Lecter
09-25-2006, 09:45 AM
He was the Lions' D coordinator. Are you kidding me? The FREAKIN LIONS???!!!!! Have you seen the Lions play? They're worse than we are. There's absolutely nothing good about anything that is/was even remotely associated with the Lions. I KNOW. I live here.

"In his five seasons in Chicago, Jauron accumulated a 35-46 (.432) overall record."

A truly brilliant resume.

Levy's record in KC: 31-42 (.425) overall.

Belicheck in Cleveland: 36-44 (.450) overall.

Your point, proves nothing.

Tell me, what better coaches were available? You keep bashing Jauron, but will not name any alternatives.

Don't ***** without a solution.

baamf
09-25-2006, 10:35 AM
Although there may have been a few coaching snaffu's (the fake FG was the only glaring one in my opinion), I thought the coaching staff did a nice job coming out throwing the ball. All week the Jets defense was being grilled about how we can't stop the run and McGahee always kills us, etc. As a Jets fan I was expecting a heavy dose early and was totally taken by surprise, as was the Jets defense. DJ knew the weather conditions and he tried to take it to our defense. I don't see this loss all on his back. JMHO....

feelthepain
09-25-2006, 10:42 AM
Maybe the Jet players just played harder and better.

raphael120
09-25-2006, 10:48 AM
you know, i dont know about everyone else, but when ur team is just flat-out GOOD, you dont need to pull any BS trick plays. just play the damn game.