• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

This game proves many things

Dick Jauron isn't the next Belicheck.

Perry Fewell isn't gonna be gone in 2 years because of his new HC job he accepted.

Ryan Denny isn't a future sack machine or Julius Peppers like some talked him up this week.

The OL isn't very great.

This defense isn't the best in history.

This rookie draft class isn't the best in history or ready to lead this team on a consistent basis.

This team isn't good enough to be 6-2 at the bye week.

This isn't a playoff caliber team.

This isn't a team that can win 10+ games this year.

All of the above were stuff that too many people around here talked about just because of one victory. The fact is this team isn't ready for the big time and isn't a contender.

Losing at home against the Jets is pathetic. This is still a 6 win or so team. Not 10+ wins like too many people said during the week because of a victory.

All the overly optimistic who doesn't wanna except reality may neg me now.
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: This game proves many things

The question last week was, were the Bills that good or the Fins that bad? Answer: the latter. The Fins barely beat the Titans at home.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• LABillsFan
      • Aug 2002

This game proves many things.

JP will progress from week to week.

The Bills can move the ball

JP goes through his progression well and will use all of his weapons

The line is developing their run blocking faster than the past seasons.

The pass protection is getting better

Willis can dominate when the line gives him the opportunity

The D with 3 rookie starters is just as good as last year's
      I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

I believe in the old adage that things are really as good or as bad as they seem. We were thinking playoffs after the Miami game. I don't know if this week will have anyone thinking Brady Quinn Derby or not, asside from the fact that maybe he's not going to be the next Tom Brady/Peyton Manning. I'm a little disappointed. The difference in this game boils down to the turnovers. Losman has to gain a little more in the way of field presence. It would help too if the blocking were to get better. The interception was a bad throw, plain and simple, asside from the fact that JP threw into double coverage. I liked the fact that Buffalo opened up their offence, and except for the turnovers, it looks like JP can handle that. The defense certainly has room for improvement though
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

Eesh the Bills got 475 yards total offense and the Jets got almost half that (256) yet some people start whining over every litlle thing. Sure they have a long way to go, sure if they stuck more to the run like last week they probably would not of had a few of those turnovers and who knows what would of happened however this team gives us something to cheer for unlike last year. If they eliminated a few of those crucial mistakes they would of won. Its called growing pains. Everyone thought they would go through some growing pains this year yet when it happens they have the sky is falling mentality.

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by TigerJ
            We were thinking playoffs after the Miami game.
            Speak for yourself. Not all of us are gullable. Some of us realized that this still isn't a playoff team and didn't go crazy because of one victory. I never once thought playoffs. I still saw this as a 6 win team or so.

Only gullable people who will believe anything and get too excited over anything was thinking playoffs.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
              Sab and TD are insignificant
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by don137
              Eesh the Bills got 475 yards total offense and the Jets got almost half that (256) yet some people start whining over every litlle thing. Sure they have a long way to go, sure if they stuck more to the run like last week they probably would not of had a few of those turnovers and who knows what would of happened however this team gives us something to cheer for unlike last year. If they eliminated a few of those crucial mistakes they would of won. Its called growing pains. Everyone thought they would go through some growing pains this year yet when it happens they have the sky is falling mentality.
              Couldn't have put it better myself - GROWING PAINS people...
              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

Working...
              X