PDA

View Full Version : Why didnt DJ challenge the TD?

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 05:29 PM
On the fumble return? He was clearly out of bounds about the 3 or so. Did he feel the D couldn't stop the Jets? 3 is better than 7 in that case

LABillsFan
09-24-2006, 05:30 PM
They didn't show the replay until it was too late. I wonder if the coaching staff didn't get the replay either?

TacklingDummy
09-24-2006, 05:31 PM
Maybe they didnt have a replay of it till after the EP? CBS didn;t show it until afterwards.

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 05:37 PM
That would make sense. I hope that ends up being the case

doomsdayvirus
09-24-2006, 05:52 PM
it wouldn't have mattered, the jets would have got a TD from the 3. any team could. except us. we just run backwards with the ball.

just let them have it, get the ball back and get your offense on the field for the opportunity to counter-strike.

DynaPaul
09-24-2006, 07:32 PM
it wouldn't have mattered, the jets would have got a TD from the 3. any team could. except us. we just run backwards with the ball.

just let them have it, get the ball back and get your offense on the field for the opportunity to counter-strike.

Totally agree... in fact I think I said that during the game.

Luisito23
09-24-2006, 10:34 PM
Why challenge it when they're gonna score anyways......I would understand being mad about it if we were stopping them at the endzone, but come on you know as well as I do that they would've just run it down our throats just like every other team is, and will continue to do....So it doesn't really matter.....

GO BILLS!!!!!

BillsFever21
09-25-2006, 06:16 AM
You don't know if the team is gonna score. Anything can happen. We didn't get in the EZ from 1st and Goal inside the 5.

I guess the Jets should've just let us score instead of tackling us at the 5. That is a losers mentality. Doesn't surprise with Jauron. Another boneheaded mistake by Jauron.

Teams score a lot inside the 5 but there are plenty of times teams don't get a TD down that close. You never sacrifice a TD until they score.

Is Jauron that stupid or does he have no faith in our defense to stop them? We wouldn't have even lost a timeout. I'm sure the defense couldn't have been too happy that Jauron didn't give them a chance to stop them.

When you're a proven loser as a HC there are calls and decisions that lead to you having that record. I guess it isn't that much of a shock he didn't challenge it. He pissed away plenty of other opportunities yesterday.

Dr. Lecter
09-25-2006, 08:47 AM
Jauron is not stupid and is no more a proven loser than Levy or Belicheck were after their first coaching gigs. Posts that infer that are so off-base and stupid, they are past frustrating.

HC rarely make the initial decision to call for the review. It is the job of an assistant or one of the players on the field to encourage and recommend the challenge.

If he had know the guy was out of bounds, of course he would have thrown the flag. If nothing else, hold the Jets to a possible FG.

bigbub2352
09-25-2006, 08:56 AM
All he had to do was look at the jumbotron, and ask MIke Gandy trust your players, i mean **** is was only a game changing TD, if there was any question i would have threw the flag (cowardly skelator)

ICE74129
09-25-2006, 08:58 AM
Jauron is not stupid and is no more a proven loser than Levy or Belicheck were after their first coaching gigs. Posts that infer that are so off-base and stupid, they are past frustrating.

HC rarely make the initial decision to call for the review. It is the job of an assistant or one of the players on the field to encourage and recommend the challenge.

If he had know the guy was out of bounds, of course he would have thrown the flag. If nothing else, hold the Jets to a possible FG.

So jaruon and his guys are getting free passes? That was horrible playcalling and severe lack of adjustments yesterday. They should be accountable

BillsFever21
09-25-2006, 09:42 AM

Your clouded judgement and rose colored view of the Bills have totally fried your brain cells to the point of being special. What a joke.

Just because Belicheck and Levy had success their 2nd time around doesn't mean everyone who failed as a HC thier 1st time can succeed their 2nd chance. But because he coaches for the Bills he didn't fail and can be the next Belicheck. I understand that theory.

So I guess guys like Rich Kotite, Wanny, Bill Callhan(who even took the Raiders to the SB) Marty Morinweg and Mike Mularkey didn't fail? If they got a 2nd chance what would you think about them? You would think they sucked unless they were hired by the Bills. What makes them any different then Jauron? I know the difference it's because Jauron coaches the Bills.

So I'm taking it we should never hear you say a HC sucked and/or failed in his job. I mean Levy and Belicheck had success their 2nd time around so there isn't any reason why all them other guys shouldn't.

If the Jets would've hired Jauron you would be laughing. Because it's the Bills then he's the next Belichek.

He failed so bad his 1st time around not even one team thought enough of him to offer him a 2nd chance between all them coaching changes since he was fired and nobody else would even give him an interview this season except for us of course.

Two years after he ruined the Bears they were in the playoffs with Lovie Smith. Three years later they look to be SB contenders.

I don't know why these hundreds of coaches who failed as a HC have never got a 2nd opportunity and they just keep hiring rookie HC's. They didn't prove themselves as losers. I mean there are two HC's in the history of the NFL who had success after coaching losing teams their first time around out of hundreds of them.

You will be one of them people a few years from now *****ing about Jauron when he's getting his pink slip and asking why it didn't happen sooner. Just like the many people with Mularkey.

Dr. Lecter
09-25-2006, 09:56 AM
No. What I am trying to say is that Jauron deserves his shot. He also had some success in Chicago and is well respected in the NFL. He also did not have tons of talent in Chicago (Jim Miller at QB ???).

The point is he deserves a chance. More than three games with a team that has 22 new players on the roster, is starting 2 rookies at safety, has 3 other rookies getting significant PT on defense, has 3 new O-line starters, has new defensive and offensive systems, has a new #1 and #2 WR, and inherited a team that was a mess from the previous regime.

Furhtermore, this team needed a veteran, experienced NFL HC. There were tow choices: Mike Sherman (who wanted tons of money and pwer) or Jauron.

Give the guy a chance.

Dr. Lecter
09-25-2006, 09:58 AM
All he had to do was look at the jumbotron, and ask MIke Gandy trust your players, i mean **** is was only a game changing TD, if there was any question i would have threw the flag (cowardly skelator)

They did not show it on the Jumbotron until after the EP.

The_Philster
09-25-2006, 01:05 PM
They did not show it on the Jumbotron until after the EP.
very true...but I noticed when I was watching the play again today, Gandy tried pointing it out to the ref...I wonder if he said anything to Jauron...and if he did, why didn't Jauron believe him enough to throw the red flag?

ICE74129
09-25-2006, 01:06 PM
No. What I am trying to say is that Jauron deserves his shot. He also had some success in Chicago and is well respected in the NFL. He also did not have tons of talent in Chicago (Jim Miller at QB ???).

The point is he deserves a chance. More than three games with a team that has 22 new players on the roster, is starting 2 rookies at safety, has 3 other rookies getting significant PT on defense, has 3 new O-line starters, has new defensive and offensive systems, has a new #1 and #2 WR, and inherited a team that was a mess from the previous regime.

Furhtermore, this team needed a veteran, experienced NFL HC. There were tow choices: Mike Sherman (who wanted tons of money and pwer) or Jauron.

Give the guy a chance.

I have no problem with that, but you have to admit it was a poorly called game across the board yesterday.

ICE74129
09-25-2006, 01:07 PM
very true...but I noticed when I was watching the play again today, Gandy tried pointing it out to the ref...I wonder if he said anything to Jauron...and if he did, why didn't Jauron believe him enough to throw the red flag?

See here is my problem, even in Highschool they have stat guys and spotters that watch for who getst he ball, and where it goes out. You can't tell me SOMEONE on this staff didn't see it and call down to jauron. If not, then someone needs to be fired today.