PDA

View Full Version : So....

Devin
09-24-2006, 05:38 PM
Well on a day where Willis rushes for 150 and JP tosses over 300 yards I never would have guessed wed still lose.

Ah well, overall im still happy with the team. If we finish 8-8 this season was a success.

The Fins played horrid against the worst team in football, perhaps last week was a reflection of that.

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 05:41 PM
Look We are REBUILDING. sorry that word has a 'negative' tone to it, but thats what we are doing.

the OL still sucks, sorry but it does. We still can't tackle worth a damn nor get consistant pressure with just the front 4.

The upside is now JP has shown he can throw for 300+ so his detractors can shut up about that stat now. Also he is improving. It is steps instead of leaps but it was the same with Rothlesburger, its just some fail to accept it.

I just hope marv and DJ understand we need at least two more GOOD OLmen esp LT and RG.

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 05:42 PM
Also quit making JP stay in the friggin pocket! he is what he is, let him throw on the run and roll out. when he sees a first down let him run for it.

doomsdayvirus
09-24-2006, 05:53 PM
Also quit making JP stay in the friggin pocket! he is what he is, let him throw on the run and roll out. when he sees a first down let him run for it.

fo' real. jp can scramble with the best of 'em. don't keep him confined. let him play HIS game!

North_Coast
09-24-2006, 05:56 PM
Well on a day where Willis rushes for 150 and JP tosses over 300 yards I never would have guessed wed still lose.

Ah well, overall im still happy with the team. If we finish 8-8 this season was a success.

The Fins played horrid against the worst team in football, perhaps last week was a reflection of that.

I agree. It's just one of those games that young teams lose. They need to learn deliver the proverbial "death blow" when they get the opportunity.

To give the Jets their due, because they're a young team, too, and they refused to buckle when a lot of other teams would have. Of course, the Bills hung in there, too.

I think we saw the two emerging teams in the AFCE play at the Ralph today. NE may last this year, but I don't know how much longer they keep their crown, and I'm thinking that Miami is going to be a major surprise -- because of how poorly they do this year. I think that Carp fans are going to be cursing Saban like they did Wannstedt.

kinigirly
09-24-2006, 05:58 PM
i was babysitting and reading the HORRIBLE play by play on nfl.com. i'm on a major high about our rushing and passing....but wasn't sure who i was supposed to be pissed at. you can't tell who is to blame for fumbles, missed catches, and not getting the downs unless you're watching it. mom said it was bad play calling?

we should have won this game...in fact we should be 3-0 instead of 1-2...but i'm with dev i'm very happy and still pleasantly surprised so far. hell we had a record game today!

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 06:00 PM
i was babysitting and reading the HORRIBLE play by play on nfl.com. i'm on a major high about our rushing and passing....but wasn't sure who i was supposed to be pissed at. you can't tell who is to blame for fumbles, missed catches, and not getting the downs unless you're watching it. mom said it was bad play calling?

we should have won this game...in fact we should be 3-0 instead of 1-2...but i'm with dev i'm very happy and still pleasantly surprised so far. hell we had a record game today!

It was bad playcalling on BOTH Sides of the ball, bad tackling, no pressure on Pennington, and no blocking from the RB as well as LT And RG

kinigirly
09-24-2006, 06:03 PM
i must say reading it towards the end of the game was CRAZY for me. we have no chance, oh crap wait if we do an onside kick then recover then score a touchdown and a 2 point conversion within 2 minutes we're still in it! not a chance in hell, holy crap we recovered it we can do it! ohhh...nevermind. lol i loved every minute of it

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 06:06 PM
i must say reading it towards the end of the game was CRAZY for me. we have no chance, oh crap wait if we do an onside kick then recover then score a touchdown and a 2 point conversion within 2 minutes we're still in it! not a chance in hell, holy crap we recovered it we can do it! ohhh...nevermind. lol i loved every minute of it

Like I said this team is going to break our hearts this year. But should Marv address the OL, True #2 WR and a couple things on D, we will be in the running next year.