PDA

View Full Version : I still think we can beat the vikings

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 06:03 PM
I have caught a ton of their play so far (Friggin brother is a vikes fan) and I think they are beatable.

The key is keep that DL out of our backfield and give JP time. If we don't learn to friggin tackle esp in the open field, we are in for a long season.

I think we are 2-2 this time next week.

Typ0
09-24-2006, 06:06 PM
the vikings have Brad Johnson. A very smart guy on the field who knows what's available and what he can do. If we don't turn the ball over and can exploit their defense on some big gaines we will be right there with a chance to win. If not, then we won't.

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 06:06 PM
the vikings have Brad Johnson. A very smart guy on the field who knows what's available and what he can do. If we don't turn the ball over and can exploit their defense on some big gaines we will be right there with a chance to win. If not, then we won't.

Our DC needs to blitz. He lets johnson sit there all day like we did pennington, we are in deep crap!

YardRat
09-24-2006, 06:14 PM
Turnovers. We need turnovers. Our offense isn't good enough yet to overcome our own mistakes, and needs to get better at capitolizing on other's.

SABURZFAN
09-24-2006, 06:18 PM
if we play like we played today,we aren't going to beat the Vikings.

Typ0
09-24-2006, 06:27 PM
Our DC needs to blitz. He lets johnson sit there all day like we did pennington, we are in deep crap!

I guess that's a fundamental place we disagree. We do need to blitz...but our blitz strategy needs to be focused around stopping the run. We have a weakness in that area and blitzing is a way to compensate for that weakness. If we can manage a way to increase our already good pass rush but really focus the blitz around stopping the run that will really help us win games if we don't make mistakes in other areas. Maybe next season we can fill in some gaps on our defense and be much better at stopping the run and not need to do this...but right now this is what we have to do.

If we follow the blitz the way you say then we will be blitzing on every down. Frankly, you seem to be a big authority on what it takes to have the best professional football team on earth but absolutely no idea how to work with what we have in light of the fact that no one has the perfect football team. I have some things to do. This place really does get tiring sometimes.

Typ0
09-24-2006, 06:29 PM
Turnovers. We need turnovers. Our offense isn't good enough yet to overcome our own mistakes, and needs to get better at capitolizing on other's.

we have played pretty well but we definatly do not have the ability to overcome turnovers. A lot has been said about special teams...well our well above average special teams really come into play when we don't turn the ball over because they give us and edge. If we turn the ball over that edge is gone and the special teams are kind of useless.

Nighthawk
09-24-2006, 06:49 PM
I have caught a ton of their play so far (Friggin brother is a vikes fan) and I think they are beatable.

The key is keep that DL out of our backfield and give JP time. If we don't learn to friggin tackle esp in the open field, we are in for a long season.

Oh yeah, they are beatable, but will our coaching staff self destruct again? I can argue that both the NE loss and today's loss were due to our coaches not making the right adjustments to put the players in the position to succeed.

paladin warrior
09-24-2006, 06:56 PM
Let play with C. Nall next week . JP need rest for 1 week or later.

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 07:05 PM

We haven't been forcing many on D have we? I kept hoping near the end the D would get us a pick or something.

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 07:05 PM
Let play with C. Nall next week . JP need rest for 1 week or later.Please shut up.

X-Era
09-24-2006, 07:15 PM

I feel that the Bills can be competitive and be in EVERY game based on what Ive seen so far. We need complete games to win. Minimize penalties and mistakes, have success running the ball, stop the run, pressure the QB, decent ST, and solid pass D.

Sounds like alot but I think we have seen all of those components from this years Bills. They need to put it ALL together each game and we can be very good.

Yes, we can win this game.

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 07:34 PM
I guess that's a fundamental place we disagree. We do need to blitz...but our blitz strategy needs to be focused around stopping the run. We have a weakness in that area and blitzing is a way to compensate for that weakness. If we can manage a way to increase our already good pass rush but really focus the blitz around stopping the run that will really help us win games if we don't make mistakes in other areas. Maybe next season we can fill in some gaps on our defense and be much better at stopping the run and not need to do this...but right now this is what we have to do.

If we follow the blitz the way you say then we will be blitzing on every down. Frankly, you seem to be a big authority on what it takes to have the best professional football team on earth but absolutely no idea how to work with what we have in light of the fact that no one has the perfect football team. I have some things to do. This place really does get tiring sometimes.

I am not saying blitz every down. I am saying MAKE ADJUSTMENTS. Fewell made NONE again. We weren't getting pressure with our front 4, Pennington picked us apart. Its time to blitz.

Carlton Bailey
09-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Chester Taylor, behind that offensive line, will gash the Bills next week. There will be no pass rush from Buffalo's defense, either. Losman will have difficulty throwing it on their loaded secondary.

Vikings win easy.

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 07:54 PM
Chester Taylor, behind that offensive line, will gash the Bills next week. There will be no pass rush from Buffalo's defense, either. Losman will have difficulty throwing it on their loaded secondary.

Vikings win easy.

I think its time to go 5-2 to start the game. Switch back to 4-3. We are getting gutted in the B gaps game after game

BillsFever21
09-24-2006, 08:01 PM
After seeing the performance of this coaching staff I'm not that optimistic.

We got beat by a far less talented team then the Vikings in our home opener. We couldn't beat the Jets. I'm not that optimistic we can beat the Vikings.

This is a must win. We're already down 1-2 in our division when we should be 3-0. If we fall to 1-3 it will only get worse from there. Especially with this coaching staff.

This staff won't allow us to be the team we wanna be. We will only be an average team at best. Till we find a real HC we will never be a contender.

paladin warrior
09-24-2006, 11:18 PM

I think we are 2-2 this time next week.I hope so. I really want the Bill's to win. I have been waitting the Buffalo Bill's make the playoff for 6 yrs from now

Typ0
09-26-2006, 06:04 PM
I am not saying blitz every down. I am saying MAKE ADJUSTMENTS. Fewell made NONE again. We weren't getting pressure with our front 4, Pennington picked us apart. Its time to blitz.

that was my point though. Our run defense is weak. We are going to be blitzing to fill running gaps and help with that deficiency. If you are also going to blitz the QB aggressively on passing downs you are going to be blitzing on every down. The JETS running game is putrid. I expect we kind of figured thrashing their run game and making pennington beat us in the air was the way to go. It would have worked had we not turned the ball over 3 times to their none.

DynaPaul
09-26-2006, 09:14 PM
We're gonna win because I'm gonna be there and I'm gonna meet Marv Levy and Andre Reed is going on the wall baby!

gr8slayer
09-26-2006, 09:29 PM
This game will be won or lost in the trenches. Both teams are equal when it comes to skill positions. Our OL will have to play much better than last week because this week we are facing one of the better DL's in the NFL by far.

ICE74129
09-26-2006, 10:12 PM
This game will be won or lost in the trenches. Both teams are equal when it comes to skill positions. Our OL will have to play much better than last week because this week we are facing one of the better DL's in the NFL by far.

Hey you know me, I want marv to spend whatever it takes this offseason to upgrade our OL

Turf
09-26-2006, 10:19 PM
WE WILL BEAT THE VIKINGS.

gr8slayer
09-26-2006, 10:24 PM
Hey you know me, I want marv to spend whatever it takes this offseason to upgrade our OL
As much as I hate you and hate to agree with anything you say, you are right. You know as well as I do that the game is won and lost in the trenches. Kinda sad that people dont always realize just how important the OL/DL is to success.

RedEyE
09-27-2006, 07:27 AM
I'm confident we can beat the Vikings this week. They have only 2 offensive TDs on the season. A 3rd if you count the fake FG pass from Ryan Longwell against the Panthers. Antoine Winfield had a pick for a TD last week to push them close to the edge with the Bears.

Their defense is better than their offense and their defense will be playing banged up coming into Buffalo.

Ryan Longwell is their biggest weapon.

mybills
09-27-2006, 07:50 AM
Please shut up.
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. Have you seen some of his posts? :rofl:

mybills
09-27-2006, 07:53 AM
I agree. I kept thinking that during the entire game on Sunday.

Also, they need to go back to the kind of coaching that was done in the first two games. I think somebody stole Jauron's playbook Saturday night. :ill:

RedEyE
09-27-2006, 07:57 AM
I agree. I kept thinking that during the entire game on Sunday.

Also, they need to go back to the kind of coaching that was done in the first two games. I think somebody stole Jauron's playbook Saturday night. :ill:

I think the coaching staff loosened the reigns from Losman to see how much he has progressed. His maturaity level has risen 10 fold, but his decision making still requires refining.

But how do you let the kid learn from mistakes if you never let him make them?

It was a good game for him and I think he did some good things. Minimize the mistakes and we have a damn good QB in Buffalo.

ICE74129
09-27-2006, 07:58 AM
I think the coaching staff loosened he reigns from Losman to see how much he has progressed. His maturaity level has risen 10 fold, but still needs some refining. But how do you let the kid learn from mistakes if you never let him make them.

It was a good gaame for him and I think he did some good things. Minimize the mistakes and we have a damn good QB in Buffalo.

Hey overall JP did just fine. He is much closer than I think even the staff thought. Right now I go inbetween what we did in Miami and against the Jets. Let him build up confidence with short to med, but attack deep as well.

RedEyE
09-27-2006, 08:02 AM
Hey overall JP did just fine. He is much closer than I think even the staff thought. Right now I go inbetween what we did in Miami and against the Jets. Let him build up confidence with short to med, but attack deep as well.

I agree. I like the explosive nature of the offense in the 1st qrtr. It really creates momentum to build on and there is nothing like burying your opponent early on. Control the game with the run and hit 'em with the pass when they least expect it or when absolutely necessary.

Young players will regress to old ways from time to time. Only repetition will allow them to squash the old ways with the new.

mybills
09-27-2006, 08:10 AM
I think the coaching staff loosened the reigns from Losman to see how much he has progressed. His maturaity level has risen 10 fold, but his decision making still requires refining.

But how do you let the kid learn from mistakes if you never let him make them?

It was a good game for him and I think he did some good things. Minimize the mistakes and we have a damn good QB in Buffalo.
Actually, I wasn't even talking about JP. Remember the fake? That's some crazy crap! Nothing like we saw in the first 2 games, and I don't want to see things like that in the future.

RedEyE
09-27-2006, 08:13 AM
Actually, I wasn't even talking about JP. Remember the fake? That's some crazy crap! Nothing like we saw in the first 2 games, and I don't want to see things like that in the future.

The fake did seem like a ******ed idea, but if they get a 1st down on that play, Juaron is labeled a genius. It worked for the Vikes 2 weeks ago and they came a way with a win. But I hear what you're saying ...play conservative.

mybills
09-27-2006, 08:17 AM
Exactly!

mysticsoto
09-27-2006, 08:17 AM
I think you guys are sounding a little too confident on this game. Minnesota gave Chicago a hard time last Sunday and they have a much better implementation of the defense we are trying for and (atleast for now) a better offense also. I think we better have a game plan that has JP moving more b'cse I don't think our Oline is going to be able to keep the Dline in check. I do agree that our best bet might be to air it out and attack their secondary. But JP needs protection for this, and this is what I'm worried about the most.

justasportsfan
09-27-2006, 08:21 AM
I think you guys are sounding a little too confident on this game. Minnesota gave Chicago a hard time last Sunday and they have a much better implementation of the defense we are trying for and (atleast for now) a better offense also. .that's because chicago blows :couch:

RedEyE
09-27-2006, 08:24 AM
I think you guys are sounding a little too confident on this game. Minnesota gave Chicago a hard time last Sunday and they have a much better implementation of the defense we are trying for and (atleast for now) a better offense also. I think we better have a game plan that has JP moving more b'cse I don't think our Oline is going to be able to keep the Dline in check. I do agree that our best bet might be to air it out and attack their secondary. But JP needs protection for this, and this is what I'm worried about the most.

Their defense kept them in it the whole time and scored their only TD. Chicago really dominated that game. Now that same defense comes into Buffalo very banged up.

ICE74129
09-27-2006, 08:33 AM
Their defense kept them in it the whole time and scored their only TD. Chicago really dominated that game. Now that same defense comes into Buffalo very banged up.

We should win that game and to be honest We CAN beat Chicago. I would LMAO if we hand Chicago thier first loss!!!

gr8slayer
09-27-2006, 08:50 AM
"If we start Kelly Holcomb will beat them by fifty, that's right fifty points. We could beat the NFC Pro Bowl team by fifty one if we had Kelly-Bruschi-God-Holcomb playing"

mybills
09-27-2006, 09:12 AM
"If we start Kelly Holcomb will beat them by fifty, that's right fifty points. We could beat the NFC Pro Bowl team by fifty one if we had Kelly-Bruschi-God-Holcomb playing"
:rofl:

HHURRICANE
09-27-2006, 09:44 AM

Yep, somebody who actually watches the games. I completely agree with your assessment.

ublinkwescore
09-27-2006, 09:50 AM

That's one thing that has been irking the hell outta me...

we have a fast defense - we can afford to be aggressive - I mean isnt' that the whole point of a fast defense - Our D line isn't good enough apparently to get the pressure on the QB very fast, by itself, but we throw in an extra man to blitz, and play our zones tightly - we either end up with the sack, the QB throws it away, or incomplete because all QBs make dumb decisions when they've got defensive guys in their faces. We can confuse Tom Brady, but not Chad Pennington? something here doesn't add up - I hope Fewell doesn't hesitate to put Johnson on his @$$ all day this week.