• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

I still think we can beat the vikings

I have caught a ton of their play so far (Friggin brother is a vikes fan) and I think they are beatable.

The key is keep that DL out of our backfield and give JP time. If we don't learn to friggin tackle esp in the open field, we are in for a long season.

I think we are 2-2 this time next week.
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: I still think we can beat the vikings

the vikings have Brad Johnson. A very smart guy on the field who knows what's available and what he can do. If we don't turn the ball over and can exploit their defense on some big gaines we will be right there with a chance to win. If not, then we won't.

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Typ0
      the vikings have Brad Johnson. A very smart guy on the field who knows what's available and what he can do. If we don't turn the ball over and can exploit their defense on some big gaines we will be right there with a chance to win. If not, then we won't.
      Our DC needs to blitz. He lets johnson sit there all day like we did pennington, we are in deep crap!

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Turnovers. We need turnovers. Our offense isn't good enough yet to overcome our own mistakes, and needs to get better at capitolizing on other's.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

if we play like we played today,we aren't going to beat the Vikings.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
            Our DC needs to blitz. He lets johnson sit there all day like we did pennington, we are in deep crap!
            I guess that's a fundamental place we disagree. We do need to blitz...but our blitz strategy needs to be focused around stopping the run. We have a weakness in that area and blitzing is a way to compensate for that weakness. If we can manage a way to increase our already good pass rush but really focus the blitz around stopping the run that will really help us win games if we don't make mistakes in other areas. Maybe next season we can fill in some gaps on our defense and be much better at stopping the run and not need to do this...but right now this is what we have to do.

If we follow the blitz the way you say then we will be blitzing on every down. Frankly, you seem to be a big authority on what it takes to have the best professional football team on earth but absolutely no idea how to work with what we have in light of the fact that no one has the perfect football team. I have some things to do. This place really does get tiring sometimes.

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
              Turnovers. We need turnovers. Our offense isn't good enough yet to overcome our own mistakes, and needs to get better at capitolizing on other's.
              we have played pretty well but we definatly do not have the ability to overcome turnovers. A lot has been said about special teams...well our well above average special teams really come into play when we don't turn the ball over because they give us and edge. If we turn the ball over that edge is gone and the special teams are kind of useless.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

I have caught a ton of their play so far (Friggin brother is a vikes fan) and I think they are beatable.

The key is keep that DL out of our backfield and give JP time. If we don't learn to friggin tackle esp in the open field, we are in for a long season.

Oh yeah, they are beatable, but will our coaching staff self destruct again? I can argue that both the NE loss and today's loss were due to our coaches not making the right adjustments to put the players in the position to succeed.

Comment

• paladin warrior
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

Let play with C. Nall next week . JP need rest for 1 week or later.

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                    We haven't been forcing many on D have we? I kept hoping near the end the D would get us a pick or something.

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by paladin warrior
                      Let play with C. Nall next week . JP need rest for 1 week or later.
                      Please shut up.

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

I feel that the Bills can be competitive and be in EVERY game based on what Ive seen so far. We need complete games to win. Minimize penalties and mistakes, have success running the ball, stop the run, pressure the QB, decent ST, and solid pass D.

Sounds like alot but I think we have seen all of those components from this years Bills. They need to put it ALL together each game and we can be very good.

Yes, we can win this game.

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Typ0
                          I guess that's a fundamental place we disagree. We do need to blitz...but our blitz strategy needs to be focused around stopping the run. We have a weakness in that area and blitzing is a way to compensate for that weakness. If we can manage a way to increase our already good pass rush but really focus the blitz around stopping the run that will really help us win games if we don't make mistakes in other areas. Maybe next season we can fill in some gaps on our defense and be much better at stopping the run and not need to do this...but right now this is what we have to do.

If we follow the blitz the way you say then we will be blitzing on every down. Frankly, you seem to be a big authority on what it takes to have the best professional football team on earth but absolutely no idea how to work with what we have in light of the fact that no one has the perfect football team. I have some things to do. This place really does get tiring sometimes.
                          I am not saying blitz every down. I am saying MAKE ADJUSTMENTS. Fewell made NONE again. We weren't getting pressure with our front 4, Pennington picked us apart. Its time to blitz.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Chester Taylor, behind that offensive line, will gash the Bills next week. There will be no pass rush from Buffalo's defense, either. Losman will have difficulty throwing it on their loaded secondary.

Vikings win easy.

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Carlton Bailey
                              Chester Taylor, behind that offensive line, will gash the Bills next week. There will be no pass rush from Buffalo's defense, either. Losman will have difficulty throwing it on their loaded secondary.

Vikings win easy.
                              I think its time to go 5-2 to start the game. Switch back to 4-3. We are getting gutted in the B gaps game after game

Comment

Working...
                              X