PDA

View Full Version : Based on the way JP has played so far

BILLSROCK1212
09-24-2006, 06:32 PM
and the rest of the Bills front office may think of drafting a QB in the draft next year. I am not saying JP played poorly I am just wondering what you guys think.

YardRat
09-24-2006, 06:38 PM
I think the front office isn't doing their job if they're not constantly evaluating the players on the current team while keeping an eye on college players that may be eligible for the draft next year, regardless of their position.

I think it's too early for fans to hop on the "We need a QB with our first-rounder next year" bandwagon.

LABillsFan
09-24-2006, 06:39 PM
I don't see that happening. I am not the biggest JP fan, but wins bring admiration. He seems to be taking steps under this staff and playing time is what he needs, He got 300 + yards today. He now knows he can do that. He's getting better at the short game, he reads through his progression better, the feel of th pocket and reading blitzes will come with experience. When the season is over and the progress evaluated Marv et al will make that choice.

Typ0
09-24-2006, 06:40 PM
I think we screwed up not drafting a QB in the last draft...and that's not a knock on JP either.

paladin warrior
and the rest of the Bills front office may think of drafting a QB in the draft next year. I am not saying JP played poorly I am just wondering what you guys think. HUmm NOOO. WE need WR. Bill's really need it. WR very important. Bill's need to trade something. J.Reed is stink. Plus need more Fullback too.

TacklingDummy
The Raiders will probably end up with the 1st pick and that means Brady Quinn is gone.

Goobylal
09-24-2006, 06:45 PM
Uh, no. What Marv is probably thinking is that the Bills need a real O-line.

Philagape
09-24-2006, 06:45 PM
It doesn't matter who we have at QB if we don't address the O-line. That's a way bigger need.

Risin
09-24-2006, 06:47 PM
JP has improved 10 fold since last season.

The only QB Marv is thinking about drafting, is Holcombs replacement.

Anybody who hasn't seen mad progress in JP, is watching a different player then myself.

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 06:50 PM
from what I see so far, we need an OL upgrade and some more help on the DL. A True #2 WR would be nice as well

X-Era
09-24-2006, 06:52 PM
I think the front office isn't doing their job if they're not constantly evaluating the players on the current team while keeping an eye on college players that may be eligible for the draft next year, regardless of their position.

I think it's too early for fans to hop on the "We need a QB with our first-rounder next year" bandwagon.

100% agree. Its 3 damn games, were starting 4 rookies, we have an inexperienced QB, 2 new o-lineman, all new coaches and a new front office, all new O and D play books.

If THAT isnt enough reason for patience, then lets all lineup at the firing squad and get it over with...GHEEZ!!!

BillsFever21
09-24-2006, 06:53 PM
JP threw for 328 yards today. He had his best game passing in his career. He was very sharp in the passing game.

In 3 games he has 575 yards passing and 3 TD's. He's completing 60%+ of his passes. He has improved a lot and will only get better. He only has 1 INT in 79 attempts.

He's doing a good job of spreading the ball around and this is only his 3rd game in a new offense. JP isn't the reason why we're 1-2.

The fumbles today killed us but McGahee needs to do a better job of picking up his blitzes. JP dropped back and set up to throw the ball immediately. He was expecting his RB to make that block. He didn't and the defender knocked the ball looses as JP was trying to throw in less than 3 seconds after the snap. The QB can't wait to see if the RB is gonna pick up the blitzer before he sets up to throw. He expects him to. McGahee missed his block. If you wait around to see you will never get any plays off.

JP has improved a lot over last year. By the end of last year with more experience in the new offense he will be even better.

JP was a gunslinger today. He had tons of big plays in 20mph winds. You can't knock him for that. The guy had a great game passing in 20mph winds in the 3rd game in a new offense. He will only get better.

X-Era
09-24-2006, 06:55 PM
HUmm NOOO. WE need WR. Bill's really need it. WR very important. Bill's need to trade something. J.Reed is stink. Plus need more Fullback too.

WR is #1 on my hit parade to be honest. I think the OL is better than most think and that we MUST have another bonafide threat to keep the doubles of Evans.

Id love Dwayne Jarrett to slip to say 15, it may not happen. Calvin Johnson is LONG gone by then and we are a better team than the top pick.

That said, I think what we do as far as our own FA's will dictate the draft. Mike Gandy is a UFA, as is Clements. If either of them go, Im not sure we have their replacement on this team. That would make either a top priority.

Michael82
09-24-2006, 06:59 PM
JP threw for 328 yards today. He had his best game passing in his career. He was very sharp in the passing game.

In 3 games he has 575 yards passing and 3 TD's. He's completing 60%+ of his passes. He has improved a lot and will only get better. He only has 1 INT in 79 attempts.

He's doing a good job of spreading the ball around and this is only his 3rd game in a new offense. JP isn't the reason why we're 1-2.

The fumbles today killed us but McGahee needs to do a better job of picking up his blitzes. JP dropped back and set up to throw the ball immediately. He was expecting his RB to make that block. He didn't and the defender knocked the ball looses as JP was trying to throw in less than 3 seconds after the snap. The QB can't wait to see if the RB is gonna pick up the blitzer before he sets up to throw. He expects him to. McGahee missed his block. If you wait around to see you will never get any plays off.

JP has improved a lot over last year. By the end of last year with more experience in the new offense he will be even better.

JP was a gunslinger today. He had tons of big plays in 20mph winds. You can't knock him for that. The guy had a great game passing in 20mph winds in the 3rd game in a new offense. He will only get better.
Good post! Anyone giving JP the main blame for this loss is :crazy:. He had a good game, considering how bad the line was for him. IMO, the key to this game was the defensive line. They got manhandled by a bunch of rookies and were shut down. With NO pass rush from your DL, you won't win the game. :mad:

BillsFever21
09-24-2006, 07:09 PM
100% agree. Its 3 damn games, were starting 4 rookies, we have an inexperienced QB, 2 new o-lineman, all new coaches and a new front office, all new O and D play books.

If THAT isnt enough reason for patience, then lets all lineup at the firing squad and get it over with...GHEEZ!!!

The loss today had nothing to do with the new players and playbooks. Losman and McGahee both had career days. Our coaches got schooled by a rookie head coach.

The playcalling past midfield in the first quarter was absolutely terrible. We should've been up at least 13-0 at that point.

That stuff had nothing to do with new playbooks. We took at least 6 points off the board in the first quarter because of coaching decisions.

Jauron isn't a rookie HC. He doesn't have any excuse for them boneheaded calls. He's been around this game for almost 20 years. That has nothing to do with new coaches. He messed up.

If we play smart we're up 13-0 before the Jets even score. That would've been huge. It deflates the morale of the team when we take the ball to scoring position 4 times in the first quarter and only get 1 score out of it.

That 13-0 would've been points despite the horrid playcalling. With better playcalling maybe we even get a TD instead. Either way we're up 13-0.

Then before halftime the Jets have a 2:29 yard drive for a TD that gives them the lead. Our defense couldn't get them off the field. Even with better playcalling up to that point and another first down or two the Jets wouldn't have had the time for that drive either.

That series of drives took us from at least a possible 16-7 or 16-14 at the worse lead at halftime to a 14-10 deficit. With the lead our teams morale is great at halftime and they have something to show for outplaying them in the 1st half. Instead they are down and their morale is shot.

When you have 4 drives in one quarter with only 1 score it deflates the morale of the team. You can't give up points in the NFL and expect to win.

Better coaching decisions and we're sitting 3-0 right now. Instead we're 1-2 and we're left with 'what ifs'

When you're losing games you should've won due to boneheaded calls it falls on the coaches. That is what's happened in both of the losses.

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 07:10 PM
Good post! Anyone giving JP the main blame for this loss is an idiot. He had a good game, considering how bad the line was for him. IMO, the key to this game was the defensive line. They got manhandled by a bunch of rookies and were shut down. With NO pass rush from your DL, you won't win the game. :mad:

Now mr mod we can't call people idiots here. They complain to the mods...and we get marks against us.

X-Era
09-24-2006, 07:12 PM
The loss today had nothing to do with the new players and playbooks. Losman and McGahee both had career days. Our coaches got schooled by a rookie head coach.

The playcalling past midfield in the first quarter was absolutely terrible. We should've been up at least 13-0 at that point.

That stuff had nothing to do with new playbooks. We took at least 6 points off the board in the first quarter because of coaching decisions.

Jauron isn't a rookie HC. He doesn't have any excuse for them boneheaded calls. He's been around this game for almost 20 years. That has nothing to do with new coaches. He messed up.

If we play smart we're up 13-0 before the Jets even score. That would've been huge. It deflates the morale of the team when we take the ball to scoring position 4 times in the first quarter and only get 1 score out of it.

That 13-0 would've been points despite the horrid playcalling. With better playcalling maybe we even get a TD instead. Either way we're up 13-0.

Then before halftime the Jets have a 2:29 yard drive for a TD that gives them the lead. Our defense couldn't get them off the field. Even with better playcalling up to that point and another first down or two the Jets wouldn't have had the time for that drive either.

That series of drives took us from at least a possible 16-7 lead at halftime to a 14-10 deficit. With the lead our teams morale is great at halftime and they have something to show for outplaying them in the 1st half. Instead they are down and their morale is shot.

When you have 4 drives in one quarter with only 1 score it deflates the morale of the team. You can't give up points in the NFL and expect to win.

Better coaching decisions and we're sitting 3-0 right now. Instead we're 1-2 and we're lefting with 'what ifs'

When you're losing games you should've won due to boneheaded calls it falls on the coaches. That is what's happened in both of the losses.

I agree, this loss falls on the coaches doorstep. The 1st half was where a great team puts the Jets away. We blew too many 4th downs and had too many turnovers even though we dominated them on O as afr as yards go. BUT, you must convert moving the ball to scoring points to win in this league and the blame is all the coaching in this one.

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 07:14 PM
Too many 5-7 step drops thinking we have time to throw 30 yard routes every damn down. Throw to the speed and let it RUN with the ball. Fairchild STILL doesn't get this even after doing such for a TD on the 2nd play from scrimage!!

TacklingDummy
09-24-2006, 07:15 PM
Good post! Anyone giving JP the main blame for this loss is an idiot. He had a good game, considering how bad the line was for him.

JP sets a career high in passing yards, Willis sets a career high in rushing yards, but yet the line played bad. yeah, ok, sure.

MTBillsFan
09-24-2006, 07:16 PM
O LINE! then TE

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 07:17 PM
JP sets a career high in passing yards, Willis sets a career high in rushing yards, but yet the line played bad. yeah, ok, sure.

Ok Skoob. Care to copy anyone elses posts? I mean you just copied yard rats. And YES when it needed to it sucked. 2 straight shots on the goal line with the game on the line and they cant get a yard or two? Allowing a blitzer to come free and jack up the QB? yeah when it mattered most they failed.

X-Era
09-24-2006, 07:17 PM
Too many 5-7 step drops thinking we have time to throw 30 yard routes every damn down. Throw to the speed and let it RUN with the ball. Fairchild STILL doesn't get this even after doing such for a TD on the 2nd play from scrimage!!

God am I glad I have Tackling on ignore. His crap would make a loss like this miserable instead of a mere letdown!

God bless the BillsZone mods for hooking us up with silence-the-clowns power.

Michael82
09-24-2006, 07:22 PM
even on the plays where JP was able to get a nice pass out, like the first and second play of the game, he had a defensive guy throw him to the ground right away. The line was atrocious today!

Risin
09-24-2006, 07:29 PM
even on the plays where JP was able to get a nice pass out, like the first and second play of the game, he had a defensive guy throw him to the ground right away. The line was atrocious today!

Yep, he got planted on that TD.

I thought he was hurt.

Reminded me of Jimbo, he hung onto that ball knowing he was gonna get throttled.

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 07:38 PM
Yep, he got planted on that TD.

I thought he was hurt.

Reminded me of Jimbo, he hung onto that ball knowing he was gonna get throttled.

There was a play 2nd or 3rd quarter where the guy went low and got flagged. Yeah some say 'Well the OL did well, look at the lack of sacks/ his yardage' while ignoring the FACT he had a guy in his grill all friggin day.

Philagape
09-24-2006, 09:01 PM
JP made a lot of plays out of the pocket, that's why he had a career day despite the o-line.

ICE74129
09-24-2006, 09:11 PM
JP made a lot of plays out of the pocket, that's why he had a career day despite the o-line. And correct me if I am wrong, going into today wasn't he the only QB in the NFL without a turnover?

so its not like he is doing this every week. the guy had a good/bad game.

TigerJ
09-24-2006, 10:01 PM
No. Offensive line. The offensive line is a little better than last season, but has a long way to go.

Tinboy
09-24-2006, 10:20 PM
Bad playcalling, some poor blocking that lead to fumbles and a d# that didn't step up when it needed to was the reason for the loss.

But I saw lot's of positive thing today, JP played very well. Let's build on that too next week!

sba
09-25-2006, 01:21 AM
Good post! Anyone giving JP the main blame for this loss is :crazy:.

That must be me then, because his 3 turnovers are what killed us. I'm not impressed that he got 150 more garbage yards playing against a prevent. Or his little check down plays after the onside kick when he looked scared to come back in and lead the team. He's gutless, he makes bad decisions, and he has a knack for turning the ball over at critical times.

We'd be 3-0 with a real QB, it's about time we find one.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-25-2006, 02:07 AM
The only knock I have against J.P. is his ability to hang onto the ball and feel pressure.. The guy did let a bomb go into the wind at The Ralph and still over threw his WR.. I like what I see so far, just has to hang onto the ball..

ddaryl
09-25-2006, 03:00 AM
and the rest of the Bills front office may think of drafting a QB in the draft next year. I am not saying JP played poorly I am just wondering what you guys think.

Not at all. I'm extremely encouraged by JP's play. The mistakes are fixable, his accuracy is up, he just needs more experience.

X-Era
09-25-2006, 05:42 AM
That must be me then, because his 3 turnovers are what killed us. I'm not impressed that he got 150 more garbage yards playing against a prevent. Or his little check down plays after the onside kick when he looked scared to come back in and lead the team. He's gutless, he makes bad decisions, and he has a knack for turning the ball over at critical times.

Good call, lets go find one.

Break out the Shopper or the Sunday paper classifieds, must be a starting caliper NFL QB looking for a job....

No wait lets build our own like Cinnci, Indy, Philly, NE. Great, were set. Now we just need to wait another 7 months, pour through about 100 or so QB profiles, find maybe 3 that can play, draft one, spend another 3 years playing and developing that guy, and hope that he turns out to be better than what we have right now.

I like that plan.

X-Era
09-25-2006, 05:46 AM
The only knock I have against J.P. is his ability to hang onto the ball and feel pressure.. The guy did let a bomb go into the wind at The Ralph and still over threw his WR.. I like what I see so far, just has to hang onto the ball..

I agree with this though Im not sure who to blame. Was JP trying to make the long throw rather than the check down or was the play called for him to make the long throw?

Again, I dont knwo whether to blame scheme or JP.

Actually, we could argue that JP was a second or 2 short of getting the ball out. In both fumbles he was going forward with his arm, not to say it wasnt a fumble, only that he was trying to throw it when the ball came loose.

JP can either tuck it and take the sack in that case or throw it a touch earlier. My worry is though that there is no real way to feel the pressure from your blindside.

YardRat
09-25-2006, 05:54 AM
Everybody sucked at some different points during the game yesterday....JP, Willis, the o-line, the defense, the coaching staff etc.

Everybody excelled at some different points during the game yesterday...JP, Willis, the o-line, the defense, the coaching staff etc.

Win as a team and share the credit, lose as a team and accept the blame. That's football.

What this team is lacking is consistency, both from the young players and the new coaching staff. That will hopefully come with time.

X-Era
09-25-2006, 05:58 AM
Everybody sucked at some different points during the game yesterday....JP, Willis, the o-line, the defense, the coaching staff etc.

Everybody excelled at some different points during the game yesterday...JP, Willis, the o-line, the defense, the coaching staff etc.

Win as a team and share the credit, lose as a team and accept the blame. That's football.

What this team is lacking is consistency, both from the young players and the new coaching staff. That will hopefully come with time.

A-FRIKKIN-MEN!!!!

Cant we just get off the QB position for a little bit and accept that we win and lose as a TEAM?

To be honest, Im kind of sick of the always blame the QB game. The QB gets WAY too much focus, theres plenty to talk about on O and D besides JP.

Its a TEAM effort and I actually like how we are playing more like a team lately.

Risin
09-25-2006, 04:12 PM

Worst post ever.

Oh nevermind, you're from the Buffalo Range.

That explains everything.

TacklingDummy
09-25-2006, 04:25 PM

Post of the Year. :clap: Some people get it.