• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Based on the way JP has played so far

and the rest of the Bills front office may think of drafting a QB in the draft next year. I am not saying JP played poorly I am just wondering what you guys think.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Based on the way JP has played so far

I think the front office isn't doing their job if they're not constantly evaluating the players on the current team while keeping an eye on college players that may be eligible for the draft next year, regardless of their position.

I think it's too early for fans to hop on the "We need a QB with our first-rounder next year" bandwagon.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• LABillsFan
      • Aug 2002

I don't see that happening. I am not the biggest JP fan, but wins bring admiration. He seems to be taking steps under this staff and playing time is what he needs, He got 300 + yards today. He now knows he can do that. He's getting better at the short game, he reads through his progression better, the feel of th pocket and reading blitzes will come with experience. When the season is over and the progress evaluated Marv et al will make that choice.
      I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

I think we screwed up not drafting a QB in the last draft...and that's not a knock on JP either.

Comment

• paladin warrior
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
          and the rest of the Bills front office may think of drafting a QB in the draft next year. I am not saying JP played poorly I am just wondering what you guys think.
          HUmm NOOO. WE need WR. Bill's really need it. WR very important. Bill's need to trade something. J.Reed is stink. Plus need more Fullback too.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

The Raiders will probably end up with the 1st pick and that means Brady Quinn is gone.

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

Uh, no. What Marv is probably thinking is that the Bills need a real O-line.

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

It doesn't matter who we have at QB if we don't address the O-line. That's a way bigger need.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Risin
                  • Aug 2004

JP has improved 10 fold since last season.

The only QB Marv is thinking about drafting, is Holcombs replacement.

Anybody who hasn't seen mad progress in JP, is watching a different player then myself.

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

from what I see so far, we need an OL upgrade and some more help on the DL. A True #2 WR would be nice as well

Comment

• X-Era
                      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                      I think the front office isn't doing their job if they're not constantly evaluating the players on the current team while keeping an eye on college players that may be eligible for the draft next year, regardless of their position.

I think it's too early for fans to hop on the "We need a QB with our first-rounder next year" bandwagon.
                      100% agree. Its 3 damn games, were starting 4 rookies, we have an inexperienced QB, 2 new o-lineman, all new coaches and a new front office, all new O and D play books.

If THAT isnt enough reason for patience, then lets all lineup at the firing squad and get it over with...GHEEZ!!!

Comment

• BillsFever21
                        • Aug 2004

JP threw for 328 yards today. He had his best game passing in his career. He was very sharp in the passing game.

In 3 games he has 575 yards passing and 3 TD's. He's completing 60%+ of his passes. He has improved a lot and will only get better. He only has 1 INT in 79 attempts.

He's doing a good job of spreading the ball around and this is only his 3rd game in a new offense. JP isn't the reason why we're 1-2.

The fumbles today killed us but McGahee needs to do a better job of picking up his blitzes. JP dropped back and set up to throw the ball immediately. He was expecting his RB to make that block. He didn't and the defender knocked the ball looses as JP was trying to throw in less than 3 seconds after the snap. The QB can't wait to see if the RB is gonna pick up the blitzer before he sets up to throw. He expects him to. McGahee missed his block. If you wait around to see you will never get any plays off.

JP has improved a lot over last year. By the end of last year with more experience in the new offense he will be even better.

JP was a gunslinger today. He had tons of big plays in 20mph winds. You can't knock him for that. The guy had a great game passing in 20mph winds in the 3rd game in a new offense. He will only get better.

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by paladin warrior
                          HUmm NOOO. WE need WR. Bill's really need it. WR very important. Bill's need to trade something. J.Reed is stink. Plus need more Fullback too.
                          WR is #1 on my hit parade to be honest. I think the OL is better than most think and that we MUST have another bonafide threat to keep the doubles of Evans.

Id love Dwayne Jarrett to slip to say 15, it may not happen. Calvin Johnson is LONG gone by then and we are a better team than the top pick.

That said, I think what we do as far as our own FA's will dictate the draft. Mike Gandy is a UFA, as is Clements. If either of them go, Im not sure we have their replacement on this team. That would make either a top priority.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                            JP threw for 328 yards today. He had his best game passing in his career. He was very sharp in the passing game.

In 3 games he has 575 yards passing and 3 TD's. He's completing 60%+ of his passes. He has improved a lot and will only get better. He only has 1 INT in 79 attempts.

He's doing a good job of spreading the ball around and this is only his 3rd game in a new offense. JP isn't the reason why we're 1-2.

The fumbles today killed us but McGahee needs to do a better job of picking up his blitzes. JP dropped back and set up to throw the ball immediately. He was expecting his RB to make that block. He didn't and the defender knocked the ball looses as JP was trying to throw in less than 3 seconds after the snap. The QB can't wait to see if the RB is gonna pick up the blitzer before he sets up to throw. He expects him to. McGahee missed his block. If you wait around to see you will never get any plays off.

JP has improved a lot over last year. By the end of last year with more experience in the new offense he will be even better.

JP was a gunslinger today. He had tons of big plays in 20mph winds. You can't knock him for that. The guy had a great game passing in 20mph winds in the 3rd game in a new offense. He will only get better.
                            Good post! Anyone giving JP the main blame for this loss is . He had a good game, considering how bad the line was for him. IMO, the key to this game was the defensive line. They got manhandled by a bunch of rookies and were shut down. With NO pass rush from your DL, you won't win the game.
                            Last edited by Michael82; 09-24-2006, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by jp-era
                              100% agree. Its 3 damn games, were starting 4 rookies, we have an inexperienced QB, 2 new o-lineman, all new coaches and a new front office, all new O and D play books.

If THAT isnt enough reason for patience, then lets all lineup at the firing squad and get it over with...GHEEZ!!!
                              The loss today had nothing to do with the new players and playbooks. Losman and McGahee both had career days. Our coaches got schooled by a rookie head coach.

The playcalling past midfield in the first quarter was absolutely terrible. We should've been up at least 13-0 at that point.

That stuff had nothing to do with new playbooks. We took at least 6 points off the board in the first quarter because of coaching decisions.

Jauron isn't a rookie HC. He doesn't have any excuse for them boneheaded calls. He's been around this game for almost 20 years. That has nothing to do with new coaches. He messed up.

If we play smart we're up 13-0 before the Jets even score. That would've been huge. It deflates the morale of the team when we take the ball to scoring position 4 times in the first quarter and only get 1 score out of it.

That 13-0 would've been points despite the horrid playcalling. With better playcalling maybe we even get a TD instead. Either way we're up 13-0.

Then before halftime the Jets have a 2:29 yard drive for a TD that gives them the lead. Our defense couldn't get them off the field. Even with better playcalling up to that point and another first down or two the Jets wouldn't have had the time for that drive either.

That series of drives took us from at least a possible 16-7 or 16-14 at the worse lead at halftime to a 14-10 deficit. With the lead our teams morale is great at halftime and they have something to show for outplaying them in the 1st half. Instead they are down and their morale is shot.

When you have 4 drives in one quarter with only 1 score it deflates the morale of the team. You can't give up points in the NFL and expect to win.

Better coaching decisions and we're sitting 3-0 right now. Instead we're 1-2 and we're left with 'what ifs'

When you're losing games you should've won due to boneheaded calls it falls on the coaches. That is what's happened in both of the losses.

Comment

Working...
                              X