X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

This about sums up the day

Said on NBC that Buffalo is the first team in the history of the NFL to lose a game at home when having a 300 yard passer and a 150 yard rusher.

It that doesn't smell of coaches blowing the game then I don't know what does.
  • ublinkwescore
    Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

Re: This about sums up the day

Was Peerless really guilty of offensive PI?

It really looked to me like the defenders legs tripped him up, and he was trying to not go down - that should have been PI on the D not us.

Even the announcers calling the game were all there like "what, it's going against Buffalo?"
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• BillsFever21
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ublinkwescore

It really looked to me like the defenders legs tripped him up, and he was trying to not go down - that should have been PI on the D not us.

Even the announcers calling the game were all there like "what, it's going against Buffalo?"
      It looked to me as the defender fell down first. All of us at the stadium thought for sure it was on the Jets. I didn't see any replays besides that though.

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
        Said on NBC that Buffalo is the first team in the history of the NFL to lose a game at home when having a 300 yard passer and a 150 yard rusher.

I didn't know that the coaches told McGahee to not pick up the player on the blitz or told the OL to not give much pass protection or tell the defense to give up 5-6 yards on a 4th and 1 QB sneak. While I wish they ran more its the players that need to execute.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

The announcers for CBS were right on the call saying it was on Price.

The samething could be said for the pass interference call last week that setup a touchdown. Its a judgement call and could go either way.

Comment

• Richard Gozinya
            • Jul 2006

Peerless grabbed him with both hands. I didn't have a problem with the officiating. I have a problem with the missed tackles, stupid turnovers, and utter lack of a killer instinct in the red zone.

It's a very young team, and I love their effort and refusal to quit. The other stuff will come with experience.

Comment

• BillsFever21
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by don137
              I didn't know that the coaches told McGahee to not pick up the player on the blitz or told the OL to not give much pass protection or tell the defense to give up 5-6 yards on a 4th and 1 QB sneak. While I wish they ran more its the players that need to execute.
              The players didn't tell the coaches to piss away points 3 times today or to go for shovel pass.

I'm sure JP and Willis told Jauron if he was gonna go for a 4th down then to try a shovel pass instead of giving them the chance to pick it up. The success rate of a gadget FG fake is much better then lining up the offense and running a play they have practiced 50+ times in the last 2 months.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

People made excuses for Mularkey early on in his tenure too even with boneheaded decisions. Said stuff like "Mularkey wasn't in coverage. Mularkey didn't throw that pass"

We all know how that turned out don't we. Jauron is a proven loser too. In the 3rd year after he got fired in Chicago, Lovie Smith has this team as SB contenders. In the 2nd year they made a run in the playoffs. It's no coincidence.

Comment

• juice
                  • Aug 2003

That call on PP was a defender using his body and position on the WR to sheild him from getting to the ball by slowing up and not allowing him to make the catch.. totally legal play on the part of the defender.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

The players didn't tell the coaches to piss away points 3 times today or to go for shovel pass.

I'm sure JP and Willis told Jauron if he was gonna go for a 4th down then to try a shovel pass instead of giving them the chance to pick it up. The success rate of a gadget FG fake is much better then lining up the offense and running a play they have practiced 50+ times in the last 2 months.
                    Jesus. One play. Other than that, what did Jauron do to "blow" the game? It's hard to be suprised that there are posts like this already, I guess it's throw Jauron under the bus time though. What an idiotic post.

Comment

• feelthepain
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

Third game into the season and it's the new coaches fault already.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                        Jesus. One play. Other than that, what did Jauron do to "blow" the game? It's hard to be suprised that there are posts like this already, I guess it's throw Jauron under the bus time though. What an idiotic post.
                        Amen. Pennington had 180 yards passing, the Jets did nothing at all on the ground, and they only had three legitimate drives all game. The Bills put up 320 yards passing, 150+ rushing, and generally dominated the game. I'd say the game plan worked just fine. Jauron blew the game b/c he tried a trick play? Please. Tricks always look stupid unless they succeed, and it wasn't Jauron's fault that Peters didn't turn around and look for the shovel pass.

The difference in this game was a) three JP turnovers and b) Pennington's ability to convert on the few red zone opportunities the Jets managed. the coaches put the team in a position to succeed, and it would have if the offense had been able to punch the ball into the endzone when given the chance, or if JP hadn't coughed up the ball.

I'm not throwing anyone under the bus yet. This is exactly the type of game we're going to have to expect this season with so much youth on the roster.
                        Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                          • Jan 2004

Coaches fault?

Although we should've stuck with the run, it was the turnovers that killed us.
                          You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Tinboy
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                            Amen. Pennington had 180 yards passing, the Jets did nothing at all on the ground, and they only had three legitimate drives all game. The Bills put up 320 yards passing, 150+ rushing, and generally dominated the game. I'd say the game plan worked just fine. Jauron blew the game b/c he tried a trick play? Please. Tricks always look stupid unless they succeed, and it wasn't Jauron's fault that Peters didn't turn around and look for the shovel pass.

The difference in this game was a) three JP turnovers and b) Pennington's ability to convert on the few red zone opportunities the Jets managed. the coaches put the team in a position to succeed, and it would have if the offense had been able to punch the ball into the endzone when given the chance, or if JP hadn't coughed up the ball.

I'm not throwing anyone under the bus yet. This is exactly the type of game we're going to have to expect this season with so much youth on the roster.
                            Well said!

Comment

• The Spaz
                              • Mar 2003

I really don't see how it's bad coaching when we have a 300 yard passer, a 150 yard rusher and 2 WR's over 100's, someone drew up those plays. I think mistakes VIA fumbles or int's cost us the game and that's on the players.

Comment

Working...
                              X