PDA

View Full Version : Turnovers costed us the game not coaching

onceproudbillsfan
09-24-2006, 11:15 PM
Anytime you lose the turnover battle usually spells defeat. I agree there was some bad coaching in this game but it didnt cost us the game. We started losing the game after the turnovers.

Bmax
09-24-2006, 11:34 PM
I still question some of the play calling...Too many Pass plays in own own end...

First half play calling really hurt....a fake fg to jason peters..... ? Short yardage still needs work......i would have prefered a more conservative game plan.. with more play action passes...Oh can someone tell me when the bills will learn how to run a screen pass to the rb... ?

Bmax

onceproudbillsfan
09-24-2006, 11:44 PM
I agree totally with you. The first two games JP didnt have to try to go out and win the game. It seemed alot different today though. You would think with the conditions that they would want to run the ball more. Especially when Willis was tearing them up.

X-Era
09-25-2006, 05:55 AM
Anytime you lose the turnover battle usually spells defeat. I agree there was some bad coaching in this game but it didnt cost us the game. We started losing the game after the turnovers.

And who designs the pass protection schemes?

JP can be blamed for ONE turnover, the other 2 INCLUDING the TD return fumble can be blamed on blocking scheme or blocking execution.

Should our coaches sit back after the first blinside hit for a fumble and make NO real adjustment to shore up the left side? The safety blitz killed us over and over. We cant adjust and fix that in our schemes to prevent yet another blindside hit for a fumble?

We meant that coaching can also be a cause for the turnovers, not just the 4th down plays, etc...

BillsFever21
09-25-2006, 07:52 AM
And who designs the pass protection schemes?

JP can be blamed for ONE turnover, the other 2 INCLUDING the TD return fumble can be blamed on blocking scheme or blocking execution.

Should our coaches sit back after the first blinside hit for a fumble and make NO real adjustment to shore up the left side? The safety blitz killed us over and over. We cant adjust and fix that in our schemes to prevent yet another blindside hit for a fumble?

We meant that coaching can also be a cause for the turnovers, not just the 4th down plays, etc...

That's what happens when you have a HC with 4 losing seasons out of 5 and soon to be 5 out of 6.

If JP just got sacked and lost the ball it would be on him. Both times was protection breaking down quickly and Losman was hit from the blindside as he was throwing the ball. He didn't lose the ball from not holding onto it. He was in the middle of trying to make a play and somebody missed a block from the blindside and knocked the ball loose before he got rid of the ball.

You would think a coaching staff would be able to fix them problems. A bad staff can't. The same problems just continue to unfold during the game like it did yesterday.

TigerJ
09-25-2006, 08:01 AM
I agree that turnovers cost the game. When you put up close to 500 yards in total offence and lose to a team that puts up under 300 yards of total offence, turnovers is about the only way you can lose. However, the same people you blame for the turnovers (Losman, McGahee, offensive linemen, whoever designed the blockig schemes) deserve some credit for the explosive offensive production. There's work to do and things to be fixed, but I don't want to throw out the baby with the bath water at this point in time.

HHURRICANE
09-25-2006, 08:08 AM

That's a catch 22. I think bad coaching led to the turnovers. But yes, if you lose the turnover battle you lose the game.