• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

Encouraged or discouraged?

After this game do you feel encouraged or discouraged? Even though we couldn't come up with the win I believe this team is on the way up. It's easy to disregard all of the good things this team accomplished when they fall short like that, but the production on the offensive side of the ball cannot go unnoticed.

I am encouraged by this team and even by this loss. Hopefully the team can learn from their mistakes this week and improve protection so JP isn't getting drilled in the back so often. That fumble recovery for a touchdown was the turning point in the game and if Willis picks up that safety I believe we would have won.

The point is, there's no use getting so down about a game just because we couldn't win. That's going to happen, it's the NFL, you win some and you lose some. All you can do is learn from your mistakes and have that drive you as the season goes on.

• BADTHINGSMAN
    • Oct 2002

Re: Encouraged or discouraged?

Encouraged, I figured Buffalo would be 6-10 to 8-8 for a record.. I wont be disappionted if Buffalo misses the playoffs because I didnt expect them to go.. Buffalo is a young team that is learning together..

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

Encouraged.

JP looked great at times, and made some mistakes

Willis look like a man on a mission accept when he was wiffing on blitz pickups on occasion.

there was some flash of greatness mixed in with a slew of growing pains, mixed in with a dash of reality.

However I expected these types of games this year. All I am hoping for is those falshes of great things, with some improvements in consistency as trhe year wears on.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Encouraged. We're moving forward, not back.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
          The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
          • Feb 2005

encouraged... even in loosing we looked better then all of last year.
          In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

Encouraged big time. This was a growing pains loss. They dominated in every statistical category except turnovers which cost them the game. They are making great strides. Once we get a couple more horses up front and give JP some experience I think this team could be a playoff team next year especially with a lot of room under the cap.
            One thing I was discouraged was it was very typical Bills defense. They seem to not be able to make those critical stops in the forth quarter to get the offense back on the field. Its not like they were tired from the Jets controlling the clock or it was hot outside so they have no excuse.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

I'm horribly discouraged. We should pound a crappy team like the Jets at home.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                • Feb 2005

I am encouraged. Sure he had 3 turnovers, but JP threw for well over 300 yards! Willis ran for 150, and Lee finally had his breakout game. It does stand for something.

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

Can I be both? I'm a little discouraged with the loss. For a fleeting moment, it looked to me like Buffalo might have a chance to challenge for the division lead later in the season. That hope got a lot slimmer after the game. The offensive output encourages me. Nearly 500 yards is a lot of offence. That shows the Bills have talent. I believe, like I believed in preseason, that the turonover issue is fixable.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Discouraged, because I was worried that this was an upset in the making and I gave Jauron enough credit to pull this win out.

We now have Minnesota, Chicago, NE and Detroit away. We could easily be 1 and 6 at the bye. I'm discouraged. A must win against the Vikings is pretty scary.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

I'm encouraged.

Let's get some things straight. The Jets gave the Patriots fits in the 2nd half of their game. Yet we man-handled them the entire 1st quarter and the 2nd half of the 2nd quarter.

McGahee looked great running. I'm not sure if that's b'cse the Jets D-line sucks without Abraham, or if our Oline was just doing it's job. If he could only improve his blocking - he could indeed be a great back.

Turnovers were costly for us, but both fumbles from JP came from the blindside. I don't attribute those to him at all. Sometimes turnovers bounce the wrong way and the Jets capitalized.

I would say I kind of felt like the team got tired and worn out as the game went on. The pressure seemed less and less every time and Pennington at times had all day to throw. I certainly hope everyone is in shape. The Dline is suppose to have rotations to prevent this from happening...but the Dline did absolutely nothing.

One thing that does worry me is 4th and 1 type situations. It appears that we have no strength on our D-line and teams continually pummel us for that extra yard (and more). We need to have the LBs come up and play up for these since our Dline is weak at the pt of attack.

All in all, I am encouraged however, b'cse McGahee showed what he can do, and so did JP and the receivers. Offensively, they did much better than in previous games. If the defense had done their job, we might have won this one.

But we knew that there would be inconsistencies, and unfortunately, it came against a divisional opp. Next week, we will face a tougher defense and an all-around tougher matchup. Let's see how well the Bills perform...

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Way Encouraged.

We made some mistakes, typical of a young team with inexperienced players. At the same time we showed more than just flashes of brilliance, which tells me the high level that the team is capable to playing at.

Give it the rest of the season to work out the kinks, we'll be a serious contenter next season.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Encouraged yet dissapointed at the same time!

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by YardRat
                            Encouraged. We're moving forward, not back.
                            What he said.
                            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• doug45
                              • Jul 2002

Discouraged!!

All that matters at the end of the day is did they win.

Maybe we need to stop saying "well we lost but we didn't look as crappy as we did in other lost games"

This has went on for years now and we always find a new reason why we lost. Other teams deal with the same problems as we do but they find a way to win.

Comment

Working...
                              X