PDA

View Full Version : McGahee is not a winner!!

HHURRICANE
09-25-2006, 07:51 AM
I don't care if I get crap for this thread.

This is the second week in a row that I watched McGahee blow a block. This one yesterday was way worse. It resulted in 7 for the other team. Watch the replay. He never even put his hands up to block. JP was dead on that play. Don't get me wrong, JP made his mistakes as well, but on this play McGahee looked like he didn't want to get dirty. When the coach is calling you out it must be bad.

He's not a team player and you can't count on him when it's important. He'll have good stats but he's not a winner. Maybe the reason he kept getting pulled on 3rd down last year was that he wouldn't block when we needed him in pass protection. Anybody think about that?

The 4th and 1 in NE and now the blown block that cost us 7. I don't care if he leads the league in rushing he has the heart of a Perdue chicken waiting to get his head cut off.

HHURRICANE
09-25-2006, 08:14 AM
Wow, are people agreeing with me!!

DarbyTheDinosaur
09-25-2006, 08:18 AM
Yes...he missed the block. But that happens in the NFL...you aren't going to nail a pass rusher every time he comes in. Only McGahee himself would claim he is infallible...

The man had 150 yards rushing yesterday...to say he is not a winner is kind of a tough statement...he may not be a winner, but nobody on this team is...yet.

But they certainly aren't losers...they were losers last year, but we are looking a t a far better squad.

ICE74129
09-25-2006, 08:23 AM
Yes...he missed the block. But that happens in the NFL...you aren't going to nail a pass rusher every time he comes in. Only McGahee himself would claim he is infallible...

The man had 150 yards rushing yesterday...to say he is not a winner is kind of a tough statement...he may not be a winner, but nobody on this team is...yet.

But they certainly aren't losers...they were losers last year, but we are looking a t a far better squad.

The problem is he never blocks. This isn't an isolated incident. He can't block and or flat won't. To be considered a GREAT back you must block.

HHURRICANE
09-25-2006, 08:27 AM

Look, if this was a case of him missing the block I would give him a pass. However, he knew who his man was. He didn't get blown up or bull rushed. What I saw was a guy who didn't want to get hurt, bruised, whatever. It was sickening to watch. That play pretty much defined what a heartless coward he is. If I find the replay anywhere I will post it. It was that bad.

ICE74129
09-25-2006, 08:31 AM
Look, if this was a case of him missing the block I would give him a pass. However, he knew who his man was. He didn't get blown up or bull rushed. What I saw was a guy who didn't want to get hurt, bruised, whatever. It was sickening to watch. That play pretty much defined what a heartless coward he is. If I find the replay anywhere I will post it. It was that bad.

Clements plays the same way. I mean what HAS he done so far? He misses tackles, won't attack the ball, he is playing not to get hurt so he can get a big payday.

ddaryl
09-25-2006, 08:35 AM
I think McGahee is growing up some though. I gave him hell in the offseason but he did 2 things in the post game interviews that stand out.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060925/1011182.asp?tbd1011182.asp

1.) He praised the OL for his great day runnin the ball

2.) He manned up and took the blame for the whiffed blitz pickup

ICE74129
09-25-2006, 08:40 AM
I think McGahee is growing up some though. I gave him hell in the offseason but he did 2 things in the post game interviews that stand out.

I would rather him man up and actually block.

HHURRICANE
09-25-2006, 08:51 AM

No, no, no. He didn't whiff. He flat out made a weak hearted play to protect his body. Watch the play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am pissed off.

onceproudbillsfan
09-25-2006, 08:51 AM
Ice did you forget about the block Mcgahee threw last week against Zach Thomas and the other Miami defender. He took out two players in one play. If he didnt do that JP would probably be sidelined for some time. Zach Thomas was comin full steam ahead at JP and Mcgahee stopped him dead in his tracks.
Im so sick of hearing you ***** about how Mcgahee cant block. This is a team game. I like JP but come on he makes mistakes as does everyone else on this team. It shows that Mcgahee is a team player by taking blame for his mistakes. Why doesnt JP? This just isnt a team with one player on it like you make it out to be. JP is young he is goin to make mistakes. So quit blaming the oline, Mcgahee, and the coaches for everything.

ICE74129
09-25-2006, 09:00 AM
Ice did you forget about the block Mcgahee threw last week against Zach Thomas and the other Miami defender. He took out two players in one play. If he didnt do that JP would probably be sidelined for some time. Zach Thomas was comin full steam ahead at JP and Mcgahee stopped him dead in his tracks.
Im so sick of hearing you ***** about how Mcgahee cant block. This is a team game. I like JP but come on he makes mistakes as does everyone else on this team. It shows that Mcgahee is a team player by taking blame for his mistakes. Why doesnt JP? This just isnt a team with one player on it like you make it out to be. JP is young he is goin to make mistakes. So quit blaming the oline, Mcgahee, and the coaches for everything.

I blame who is responsible. Willis sucks at blocking and isn't much better catching. Now I also want to see him put up yards against someone OTHER than the Jets.

If he is going to be this 'Great back' then play like it. That means not letting your QB get killed.

justasportsfan
09-25-2006, 09:01 AM
Haha! He missed one block and he's not a winner. Stupid thread.

ICE74129
09-25-2006, 09:06 AM
Haha! He missed one block and he's not a winner. Stupid thread. Thats just the most obvious one lately. don't worry, there will be plenty more.

justasportsfan
09-25-2006, 09:10 AM
Thats just the most obvious one lately. don't worry, there will be plenty more.
I agree, he'll have plenty more yards to come. Some people forgot we're still rebuilding. Some people forget that there will be growing pains. Willis played better than Losman. Maybe JP is not a winner too. Oh wait, ICE's opinions on players are based whether you like them personally or not. Not what goes on the field.

onceproudbillsfan
09-25-2006, 09:13 AM
Yeah and JPs awearness in the pocket sucks too. Why dont he use his legs like he used to and run instead of standing in the pocket way to long. He is starting to look like Drew Bledsoe by holding on to the ball to long. How about that interception he threw let me guess that was the receivers fault for not catching it. Can we find anymore excuses.

mysticsoto
09-25-2006, 09:19 AM
I like McGahee as our back, but in this I must agree. Last year I was saying the same thing - McGahee is a terrible blocker. He did have that one good block that took out 2 defenders in Miami...but more often than not, he lets people through. Though it was never said by Mularkey, that's essentially why he was never in on 3rd downs and Shaud got the majority of those calls. Little Shaud is a much better blocker and that should be unacceptable. If I'm Jauron, I'm in McGahee's face all week about it!!!

HHURRICANE
09-25-2006, 09:21 AM
I like McGahee as our back, but in this I must agree. Last year I was saying the same thing - McGahee is a terrible blocker. He did have that one good block that took out 2 defenders in Miami...but more often than not, he lets people through. Though it was never said by Mularkey, that's essentially why he was never in on 3rd downs and Shaud got the majority of those calls. Little Shaud is a much better blocker and that should be unacceptable. If I'm Jauron, I'm in McGahee's face all week about it!!!

Thanks for the objective post.

HHURRICANE
09-25-2006, 09:23 AM

He didn't miss the block. Until you watch the replay you don't know what you are talking about.

Ickybaluky
09-25-2006, 09:26 AM
McGahee is your best runner, by far, IMO. He may have to get better at pass pro, but without his running you wouldn't have a chance to score many points, and the young QB would be under a lot more pressure.

Bottom line, if you put another back in there who does a better job picking up the blitz you are still exposing your QB because he won't have as good a running game to take the pressure off. If McGahee continues to struggle in pass pro he will have to sit down at some point, but if it comes to that you are screwed on offense because Anthony Thomas is JAG. That will put more pressure on Losman to carry the offense.

justasportsfan
09-25-2006, 09:34 AM
He didn't miss the block. Until you watch the replay you don't know what you are talking about. I have it on tape. Whether he didn't even try does not make him whatever you just called him. He's leading the league with 3 new starters in the OL yet , "he's not a winner" because of one block? Ask anyone who knows football or sports. You don't come to conclusions based on one play.

L.A. Playa
09-25-2006, 09:36 AM

:10:

HHURRICANE
09-25-2006, 09:40 AM
I have it on tape. Whether he didn't even try does not make him whatever you just called him. He's leading the league with 3 new starters in the OL yet , "he's not a winner" because of one block? Ask anyone who knows football or sports. You don't come to conclusions based on one play.

Come on, this is disppointing coming from you. So you agree. What kind of player "half-asses" a block?! It cost us 7 points!! Do you want to win games? Don't your key players need to make plays. Until McGahee figures out this is a team sport than he will never be a winner.

justasportsfan
09-25-2006, 09:49 AM
Come on, this is disppointing coming from you. So you agree. What kind of player "half-asses" a block?! It cost us 7 points!! Do you want to win games? Don't your key players need to make plays. Until McGahee figures out this is a team sport than he will never be a winner.
the game was not lost by one block. You cannot blame one player for the loss. It started from the top all the way to the janitor. JP had a lot of throws that was not on target. Let's start with the 4th and 3. If he threw the ball right at Reed's no. Reed could've scampered for the 1st down. What about the INT? Jp threw a duck into double coverage.Am I ready to say he's not a winner? NO.

So you can see that everyone had their problems in this game. Missed assignments by several players is part of team sport too.

This team is a work in progress. Just because a player misses this and that doesn't mean I can judge his career right away. That's just stupid.

ICE74129
09-25-2006, 09:50 AM
the game was not lost by one block. You cannot blame one player for the loss. It started from the top all the way to the janitor. JP had a lot of throws that was not on target. Let's start with the 4th and 3. If he threw the ball right at Reed's no. Reed could've scampered for the 1st down. What about the INT? Jp threw a duck into double coverage. So you can see that everyone had their problems in this game. Missed assignments by several players is part of team sport.

What turnover though led to direct points? Bottom line Willis isn't the back he claims he is yet. You have to be the complete package to be GREAT.

L.A. Playa
09-25-2006, 09:51 AM
the game was not lost by one block. You cannot blame one player for the loss. It started from the top all the way to the janitor. JP had a lot of throws that was not on target. Let's start with the 4th and 3. If he threw the ball right at Reed's no. Reed could've scampered for the 1st down. What about the INT? Jp threw a duck into double coverage. So you can see that everyone had their problems in this game. Missed assignments by several players is part of team sport too.

justasportsfan
09-25-2006, 09:54 AM
What turnover though led to direct points? Bottom line Willis isn't the back he claims he is yet. You have to be the complete package to be GREAT.
What about JP? I see you failed to address his porblems. Oh yeah, like I said, you only blast players you don't like. :rolleyes:

HHURRICANE
09-25-2006, 11:45 AM
the game was not lost by one block. You cannot blame one player for the loss. It started from the top all the way to the janitor. JP had a lot of throws that was not on target. Let's start with the 4th and 3. If he threw the ball right at Reed's no. Reed could've scampered for the 1st down. What about the INT? Jp threw a duck into double coverage.Am I ready to say he's not a winner? NO.

This team is a work in progress. Just because a player misses this and that doesn't mean I can judge his career right away. That's just stupid.

I totally, 100%, agree with your post above. JP, in my opinion had a bad game, and shares in this loss.

My only point is that a missed block or assignment is an acceptable mistake. Miscues happen. But the pussy block that McGahee tried to get away with is not. When you are on that field, making millions of dollars, I expect 100% out of you. He claims to be the best than play like it in every facet. That's what winners do. No slacking or picking your battles. It was really disappointing to watch.

HHURRICANE
09-25-2006, 11:47 AM

Dude, you and I have locked horns before on this issue. You are so in love with Willis that it's the equivalent of Shleby's opinion on Coy Wire. You need to stay on the sidelines for this one.

justasportsfan
09-25-2006, 11:51 AM
I totally, 100%, agree with your post above. JP, in my opinion had a bad game, and shares in this loss.

My only point is that a missed block or assignment is an acceptable mistake. Miscues happen. But the pussy block that McGahee tried to get away with is not. When you are on that field, making millions of dollars, I expect 100% out of you. He claims to be the best than play like it in every facet. That's what winners do. No slacking or picking your battles. It was really disappointing to watch.
So are you saying that JP and the rest of the team that didn't do their part aren't winners too?

L.A. Playa
09-25-2006, 11:52 AM
Dude, you and I have locked horns before on this issue. You are so in love with Willis that it's the equivalent of Shleby's opinion on Coy Wire. You need to stay on the sidelines for this one.

nope not in love with Willis just defending his right to have the same 16 game pass that JP is given by people on this board because he is subkect to the same OL and playcalling as JP, he missed an assignment and admitted his mistake, but I am sure all of the positives he did in that game outweigh the block he missed

justasportsfan
09-25-2006, 11:57 AM
nope not in love with Willis just defending his right to have the same 16 game pass that JP is given by people on this board because he is subkect to the same OL and playcalling as JP, he missed an assignment and admitted his mistake, but I am sure all of the positives he did in that game outweigh the block he missed

TacklingDummy
09-25-2006, 12:11 PM
LOL @ this thread. And I get blasted for my opinion of JP. :rolleyes:

Should I start saying all the posts in here are spam? Threaten to report every post, wish all of you get banned, put ya on ignore? Nahhh, I won't do that. It's ok to have a different opinion. Thats what makes a message board fun. IMO.

Willis is the best player the Bills have on offense.

ICE74129
09-25-2006, 12:13 PM
LOL @ this thread. And I get blasted for my opinion of JP.

Should I start saying all the posts in here are spam? Threaten to report every post, wish all of you get banned, put ya on ignore? Nahhh, I won't do that. It's ok to have a different opinion. Thats what makes a message board fun. IMO.

Willis is the best player the Bills have on offense.

No you are nothing but a spamer that intentionally trys to piss off other posters.

HHURRICANE
09-25-2006, 12:14 PM
So are you saying that JP and the rest of the team that didn't do their part aren't winners too?

I'm saying that it's always the little things that distinguish the winners from the losers. Maybe that half-ass block wouldn't have mattered on 3 other plays but it did on this one. I'm sick of the Bills losing but I can handle us getting beaten by a better team. This loss is stupid and I was worried about it a week ago. Wether we are rebuilding or not we are supposed to win winnable games.

The difference between JP and McGahee are simple. McGahee is a much better player and athlete at his position. But I haven't seen JP throw in the towel or not give 100%. I can't say the same about McGahee. Call it what you want. Is McGahee better than most of the backs in the league? Yes. But his attitude is like Winslow, Shockey, and every jerk off from the "U".

ryjam282
09-25-2006, 01:21 PM
I think you guys should go back and watch the tapes of the other 2 games....He is a decent blocker, not the best, and just wiffed on that particular play.

justasportsfan
09-25-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm saying that it's always the little things that distinguish the winners from the losers. Maybe that half-ass block wouldn't have mattered on 3 other plays but it did on this one. I'm sick of the Bills losing but I can handle us getting beaten by a better team. This loss is stupid and I was worried about it a week ago. Wether we are rebuilding or not we are supposed to win winnable games.

The difference between JP and McGahee are simple. McGahee is a much better player and athlete at his position. But I haven't seen JP throw in the towel or not give 100%. I can't say the same about McGahee. Call it what you want. Is McGahee better than most of the backs in the league? Yes. But his attitude is like Winslow, Shockey, and every jerk off from the "U".JP sure half assed that duck throw and didn't hit his wrs on the nos. on short throws like the 4th and 3. He also hasn't fixed his problems of underthrowing his wrs. He's had his shares of mistakes too. Willis ran hard all day. You can't put emphasis on one play and forget his all around performance and not do the same with the rest of the team. The D half assed this game and so did the coaches too you know. At least Willis and JP had a bright spot while both the D and ST had none to speak of.

Vilma > Fletcher
09-25-2006, 02:10 PM
If you dont want him well take him. No questions asked.

Vilma > Fletcher
09-25-2006, 02:13 PM

Interesting logic here. You cant blame the oline, the coaches, or your start rb. So umm who do you blame ?

HHURRICANE
09-25-2006, 02:19 PM
JP sure half assed that duck throw and didn't hit his wrs on the nos. on short throws like the 4th and 3. He also hasn't fixed his problems of underthrowing his wrs. He's had his shares of mistakes too. Willis ran hard all day. You can't put emphasis on one play and forget his all around performance and not do the same with the rest of the team. The D half assed this game and so did the coaches too you know. At least Willis and JP had a bright spot while both the D and ST had none to speak of.

Good assessment. Willis played better than JP. I agree.:up:

John Doe
09-25-2006, 03:35 PM

There were many great backs that were poor blockers.

Jim Brown has admitted the he was not a good blocker.

justasportsfan
09-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Good assessment. Willis played better than JP. I agree.:up:
I was still proud of JP though. We all knew he was gonna have growing pains. This is one of them and it didn't help that the coaches didn't put him in better situations to win the game. In the end , he had to play catch up and he still isn't there yet.

Bill Brasky
09-25-2006, 04:46 PM
This is the second week in a row that I watched McGahee blow a block. This one yesterday was way worse. It resulted in 7 for the other team. Watch the replay. He never even put his hands up to block. JP was dead on that play. Don't get me wrong, JP made his mistakes as well, but on this play McGahee looked like he didn't want to get dirty. When the coach is calling you out it must be bad.

He's not a team player and you can't count on him when it's important. He'll have good stats but he's not a winner. Maybe the reason he kept getting pulled on 3rd down last year was that he wouldn't block when we needed him in pass protection. Anybody think about that?

The 4th and 1 in NE and now the blown block that cost us 7. I don't care if he leads the league in rushing he has the heart of a Perdue chicken waiting to get his head cut off.

PRAISE DA LORD CUZ YOU SPEAKIN DA TROOF!

Night Train
09-25-2006, 04:54 PM
Wow, are people agreeing with me!!

I'm not so sure. He missed a key block that resulted in 6 for the Jets and I'm pissed as anyone about that. But losers don't gain 150 yards.

I do believe he's on a 1 season trial with Marv and Jauron. They're waiting to see what Rosenhaus asks for, before deciding his long term fate.

X-Era
09-25-2006, 05:35 PM
I don't care if I get crap for this thread.

How about trading for Roy Williams (WR) and our 4th rounder to Det.

It seems you can draft and plug in a new RB right away, theres plenty of good looking prospects.

However, I stand by my word. If he keeps putting up 150, he can do whatever he wants EXCEPT blow QB killing blocks.

X-Era
09-25-2006, 05:37 PM
I was still proud of JP though. We all knew he was gonna have growing pains. This is one of them and it didn't help that the coaches didn't put him in better situations to win the game. In the end , he had to play catch up and he still isn't there yet.

You and I havent seen eye to eye all the time. But gotta tell ya. This is one of the best posts ever on this board!!!!

You could not be more right.

HHURRICANE
09-25-2006, 05:41 PM
How about trading for Roy Williams (WR) and our 4th rounder to Det.

It seems you can draft and plug in a new RB right away, theres plenty of good looking prospects.

However, I stand by my word. If he keeps putting up 150, he can do whatever he wants EXCEPT blow QB killing blocks.

Why does everyone have to get extremist when a point is made?

By the way you and I agree. It was the "QB kiling missed block" that got me t'd off in the first place.

X-Era
09-25-2006, 05:57 PM
Why does everyone have to get extremist when a point is made?

By the way you and I agree. It was the "QB kiling missed block" that got me t'd off in the first place.

It will never happen. But I gotta tell ya, if Roy Williams was on any contender, hed be talked about in the same breath with Chad Johnson, the kid is SCARRY!

I dont see McGahee and his attitude making it in our team first mentality. His on the field production isnt top 5 or even top 10 either; outside of THIS week.

I loved how much he ran, I loved the yards, but if your a true star, you will do even more and will lost the attitude fast.

Im not as down on him as I was, but the missed block was really bad. I actually GIVE him points for stepping up and admitting it.

Overall, the jurys out IMO, we will have to wait and see how McGahee does, and what he says. I hope he becomes a true star and leader on this team. I love the Bills-esque comeback from injury. But he leaves alot to be desired right now.

onceproudbillsfan
09-25-2006, 10:13 PM
I do believe that Willis tackled Villma on the first fumble of JP that would have been another 6 for the Jets had Willis not hussled and tackled Vilma. Willis definently did more positives than negatives in this game.

X-Era
09-25-2006, 10:15 PM
I do believe that Willis tackled Villma on the first fumble of JP that would have been another 6 for the Jets had Willis not hussled and tackled Vilma. Willis definently did more positives than negatives in this game.

AND?????

The missed block arguably caused the TD that lost the game.

It was one play, hes one player, the next game there willbe someone all new to blame.

But yes, that was a PIVOTAL play.

Turf
09-25-2006, 10:36 PM
JP's gotta get his head out of his ass. No more excuses.
You know, so many are acting like we have this franchise QB who just needs to be protected, who needs a supporting cast and a little help. I see a lot of other teams with budding QB's who have promise, who have taken control of games, who you know are going to bloom into formidable opponents one day.
JP isn't one of them. He hasn't shown me anything to date to give me anything to hang my hat on.

X-Era
09-25-2006, 11:21 PM
You know, so many are acting like we have this franchise QB who just needs to be protected, who needs a supporting cast and a little help. I see a lot of other teams with budding QB's who have promise, who have taken control of games, who you know are going to bloom into formidable opponents one day.
JP isn't one of them. He hasn't shown me anything to date to give me anything to hang my hat on.

Well, maybe theres another teams hat rack to "hang your hat on".

You want seasoned, playoff veteran. We dont have that, and outside of Brees, we couldnt have gotten that either.

The believe in JP, and Im not willing to call it a year after just 3 games.

TacklingDummy
09-25-2006, 11:47 PM
That loser McGahee is the leading rusher in the NFL after week 3.

lordofgun
09-25-2006, 11:49 PM
McGahee had an awesome block against Miami. Picked up two guys by himself.

Lexwhat
09-26-2006, 12:55 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg0 align=left><TD class=bg0 colSpan=8>NFL Rushing Yards

</TD></TR><TR class=bg1 align=middle><TD>Rank</TD><TD>Player</TD><TD>Team</TD><TD>Yds</TD><TD>Att</TD><TD>Avg</TD><TD>TDs</TD><TD>Long</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>1</TD><TD align=left>Willis McGahee (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396170)</TD><TD align=middle>BUF (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/BUF)</TD><TD>311</TD><TD>71</TD><TD>4.4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>32</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>2</TD><TD align=left>Tatum Bell (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/492889)</TD><TD align=middle>DEN (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/DEN)</TD><TD>295</TD><TD>58</TD><TD>5.1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>39</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>3</TD><TD align=left>Rudi Johnson (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235094)</TD><TD align=middle>CIN (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/CIN)</TD><TD>288</TD><TD>73</TD><TD>3.9</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>22</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>4</TD><TD align=left>Steven Jackson (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/492963)</TD><TD align=middle>STL (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/STL)</TD><TD>286</TD><TD>68</TD><TD>4.2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>37</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>5</TD><TD align=left>Chester Taylor (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302136)</TD><TD align=middle>MIN (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/MIN)</TD><TD>275</TD><TD>75</TD><TD>3.7</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>33</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>6</TD><TD align=left>Willie Parker (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/494527)</TD><TD align=middle>PIT (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/PIT)</TD><TD>268</TD><TD>71</TD><TD>3.8</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>32</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>7</TD><TD align=left>Frank Gore (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/411568)</TD><TD align=middle>SF (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/SF)</TD><TD>266</TD><TD>61</TD><TD>4.4</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>32</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>8</TD><TD align=left>Warrick Dunn (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1171)</TD><TD align=middle>ATL (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/ATL)</TD><TD>266</TD><TD>50</TD><TD>5.3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>30</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>9</TD><TD align=left>Brian Westbrook (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302144)</TD><TD align=middle>PHI (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/PHI)</TD><TD>256</TD><TD>44</TD><TD>5.8</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>71</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>10</TD><TD align=left>Fred Taylor (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12753)</TD><TD align=middle>JAC (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/JAC)</TD><TD>240</TD><TD>64</TD><TD>3.8</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>25</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>11</TD><TD align=left>Jamal Lewis (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187391)</TD><TD align=middle>BAL (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/BAL)</TD><TD>234</TD><TD>58</TD><TD>4.0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>27</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>12</TD><TD align=left>Edgerrin James (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133320)</TD><TD align=middle>ARI (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/ARI)</TD><TD>231</TD><TD>68</TD><TD>3.4</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>14</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>13</TD><TD align=left>Tiki Barber (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1782)</TD><TD align=middle>NYG (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/NYG)</TD><TD>225</TD><TD>53</TD><TD>4.2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>22</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>14</TD><TD align=left>Ahman Green (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12404)</TD><TD align=middle>GB (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/GB)</TD><TD>215</TD><TD>58</TD><TD>3.7</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>14</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>15</TD><TD align=left>LaDainian Tomlinson (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235249)</TD><TD align=middle>SD (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/SD)</TD><TD>202</TD><TD>50</TD><TD>4.0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>58</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>16</TD><TD align=left>Larry Johnson (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396164)</TD><TD align=middle>KC (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/KC)</TD><TD>194</TD><TD>44</TD><TD>4.4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>24</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>17</TD><TD align=left>Ronnie Brown (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/407235)</TD><TD align=middle>MIA (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/MIA)</TD><TD>190</TD><TD>56</TD><TD>3.4</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>27</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>18</TD><TD align=left>Shaun Alexander (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187382)</TD><TD align=middle>SEA (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/SEA)</TD><TD>187</TD><TD>65</TD><TD>2.9</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>14</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

jmb1099
09-26-2006, 02:23 AM
McGahee should have made the block, but if we're going to use that logic than we need to also say that Losman shouldn't have tossed that pick, Pennington should have been pressured, and on and on. I hate the fact that we lost, I hate how we lost, I hate who we lost to, but in the middle of all of this there were plenty of interesting things happening. I hate McGahee's attitude, but he played a solid game and took the blame for his mistake. We all knew we had a young mistake prone team going into this season, so it is what it is. I saw a lot of things that were nice and a lot that were ugly, but the ugly I saw is very correctible with experience, experience, and a little more experience.

ddaryl
09-26-2006, 03:20 AM

I've seen quite a bit of improvement. Enough for me to watch the entire season before I feel as negative towards him as you do.

In fact I pretty confident we have a franchise QB.

Night Train
09-26-2006, 04:39 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg0 align=left><TD class=bg0 colSpan=8>NFL Rushing Yards

</TD></TR><TR class=bg1 align=middle><TD>Rank</TD><TD>Player</TD><TD>Team</TD><TD>Yds</TD><TD>Att</TD><TD>Avg</TD><TD>TDs</TD><TD>Long</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>1</TD><TD align=left>Willis McGahee (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396170)</TD><TD align=middle>BUF (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/BUF)</TD><TD>311</TD><TD>71</TD><TD>4.4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>32</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>2</TD><TD align=left>Tatum Bell (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/492889)</TD><TD align=middle>DEN (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/DEN)</TD><TD>295</TD><TD>58</TD><TD>5.1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>39</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>3</TD><TD align=left>Rudi Johnson (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235094)</TD><TD align=middle>CIN (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/CIN)</TD><TD>288</TD><TD>73</TD><TD>3.9</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>22</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>4</TD><TD align=left>Steven Jackson (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/492963)</TD><TD align=middle>STL (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/STL)</TD><TD>286</TD><TD>68</TD><TD>4.2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>37</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>5</TD><TD align=left>Chester Taylor (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302136)</TD><TD align=middle>MIN (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/MIN)</TD><TD>275</TD><TD>75</TD><TD>3.7</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>33</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>6</TD><TD align=left>Willie Parker (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/494527)</TD><TD align=middle>PIT (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/PIT)</TD><TD>268</TD><TD>71</TD><TD>3.8</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>32</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>7</TD><TD align=left>Frank Gore (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/411568)</TD><TD align=middle>SF (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/SF)</TD><TD>266</TD><TD>61</TD><TD>4.4</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>32</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>8</TD><TD align=left>Warrick Dunn (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1171)</TD><TD align=middle>ATL (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/ATL)</TD><TD>266</TD><TD>50</TD><TD>5.3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>30</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>9</TD><TD align=left>Brian Westbrook (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302144)</TD><TD align=middle>PHI (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/PHI)</TD><TD>256</TD><TD>44</TD><TD>5.8</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>71</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>10</TD><TD align=left>Fred Taylor (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12753)</TD><TD align=middle>JAC (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/JAC)</TD><TD>240</TD><TD>64</TD><TD>3.8</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>25</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>11</TD><TD align=left>Jamal Lewis (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187391)</TD><TD align=middle>BAL (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/BAL)</TD><TD>234</TD><TD>58</TD><TD>4.0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>27</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>12</TD><TD align=left>Edgerrin James (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133320)</TD><TD align=middle>ARI (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/ARI)</TD><TD>231</TD><TD>68</TD><TD>3.4</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>14</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>13</TD><TD align=left>Tiki Barber (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1782)</TD><TD align=middle>NYG (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/NYG)</TD><TD>225</TD><TD>53</TD><TD>4.2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>22</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>14</TD><TD align=left>Ahman Green (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12404)</TD><TD align=middle>GB (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/GB)</TD><TD>215</TD><TD>58</TD><TD>3.7</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>14</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>15</TD><TD align=left>LaDainian Tomlinson (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235249)</TD><TD align=middle>SD (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/SD)</TD><TD>202</TD><TD>50</TD><TD>4.0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>58</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>16</TD><TD align=left>Larry Johnson (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396164)</TD><TD align=middle>KC (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/KC)</TD><TD>194</TD><TD>44</TD><TD>4.4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>24</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>17</TD><TD align=left>Ronnie Brown (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/407235)</TD><TD align=middle>MIA (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/MIA)</TD><TD>190</TD><TD>56</TD><TD>3.4</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>27</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>18</TD><TD align=left>Shaun Alexander (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187382)</TD><TD align=middle>SEA (http://www.nfl.com/teams/news/SEA)</TD><TD>187</TD><TD>65</TD><TD>2.9</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>14</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Willis should have another 15 attempts. No excuse for not running him more in the 3rd quarter, with the score 14-10.

When you prove you can run the ball, their is never a justification for abandoning the run. NEVER !

shotgun
09-26-2006, 05:11 AM
willis is a winner and u are a loser .

RedEyE
09-26-2006, 08:34 AM
McGahee should have made the block, but if we're going to use that logic than we need to also say that Losman shouldn't have tossed that pick, Pennington should have been pressured, and on and on. I hate the fact that we lost, I hate how we lost, I hate who we lost to, but in the middle of all of this there were plenty of interesting things happening. I hate McGahee's attitude, but he played a solid game and took the blame for his mistake. We all knew we had a young mistake prone team going into this season, so it is what it is. I saw a lot of things that were nice and a lot that were ugly, but the ugly I saw is very correctible with experience, experience, and a little more experience.

Thank you. It's one freaking play out of a team of mistakes. Still the Bills nearly had 500 yards of offense.

If a QB throws for over 300 yards in a game, the % of him throwing a TD is lower then throwing an interception. That's how the game works.

If you ask me, the Bills coaching staff used this game to open up the offense. There will be plenty to learn fromthe tapes of this game, but there was much to be proud of as well.

Both Losman and McGahee had career high days. That says a lot for this young team. They just need to minimize their mistakes.

justasportsfan
09-26-2006, 09:37 AM
You and I havent seen eye to eye all the time. But gotta tell ya. This is one of the best posts ever on this board!!!!

You could not be more right.
that's because I am not a fan of any particular player on this team.I have no emotional attachment to any of them. I like and dislike all of them equally based on performance. If JP blows, I'll say it. If Willis blows, same thing. If any of them play well , I'll give em their props. I'm not and never was a player fan. I'm a team fan.

mybills
09-26-2006, 10:26 AM
He needs to stop stalking Willis. :snicker:

If he bothers him so much, why does he glue his eyes to him every game?