X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

McGahee is not a winner!!

I don't care if I get crap for this thread.

This is the second week in a row that I watched McGahee blow a block. This one yesterday was way worse. It resulted in 7 for the other team. Watch the replay. He never even put his hands up to block. JP was dead on that play. Don't get me wrong, JP made his mistakes as well, but on this play McGahee looked like he didn't want to get dirty. When the coach is calling you out it must be bad.

He's not a team player and you can't count on him when it's important. He'll have good stats but he's not a winner. Maybe the reason he kept getting pulled on 3rd down last year was that he wouldn't block when we needed him in pass protection. Anybody think about that?

The 4th and 1 in NE and now the blown block that cost us 7. I don't care if he leads the league in rushing he has the heart of a Perdue chicken waiting to get his head cut off.
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: McGahee is not a winner!!

Wow, are people agreeing with me!!

Comment

• DarbyTheDinosaur
      • Dec 2004

Yes...he missed the block. But that happens in the NFL...you aren't going to nail a pass rusher every time he comes in. Only McGahee himself would claim he is infallible...

The man had 150 yards rushing yesterday...to say he is not a winner is kind of a tough statement...he may not be a winner, but nobody on this team is...yet.

But they certainly aren't losers...they were losers last year, but we are looking a t a far better squad.
      You people are depressing me...try this out so my doctor can take me off my meds!!!

op·ti·mism

1.a disposition or tendency to look on the more favorable side of events or conditions and to expect the most favorable outcome.

2.the belief that goodness pervades reality.

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DarbyTheDinosaur
        Yes...he missed the block. But that happens in the NFL...you aren't going to nail a pass rusher every time he comes in. Only McGahee himself would claim he is infallible...

The man had 150 yards rushing yesterday...to say he is not a winner is kind of a tough statement...he may not be a winner, but nobody on this team is...yet.

But they certainly aren't losers...they were losers last year, but we are looking a t a far better squad.
        The problem is he never blocks. This isn't an isolated incident. He can't block and or flat won't. To be considered a GREAT back you must block.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DarbyTheDinosaur
          Look, if this was a case of him missing the block I would give him a pass. However, he knew who his man was. He didn't get blown up or bull rushed. What I saw was a guy who didn't want to get hurt, bruised, whatever. It was sickening to watch. That play pretty much defined what a heartless coward he is. If I find the replay anywhere I will post it. It was that bad.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            Look, if this was a case of him missing the block I would give him a pass. However, he knew who his man was. He didn't get blown up or bull rushed. What I saw was a guy who didn't want to get hurt, bruised, whatever. It was sickening to watch. That play pretty much defined what a heartless coward he is. If I find the replay anywhere I will post it. It was that bad.
            Clements plays the same way. I mean what HAS he done so far? He misses tackles, won't attack the ball, he is playing not to get hurt so he can get a big payday.

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

I think McGahee is growing up some though. I gave him hell in the offseason but he did 2 things in the post game interviews that stand out.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...tbd1011182.asp

1.) He praised the OL for his great day runnin the ball

2.) He manned up and took the blame for the whiffed blitz pickup

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                I think McGahee is growing up some though. I gave him hell in the offseason but he did 2 things in the post game interviews that stand out.

I would rather him man up and actually block.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl

No, no, no. He didn't whiff. He flat out made a weak hearted play to protect his body. Watch the play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am pissed off.

Comment

• onceproudbillsfan
                    • Dec 2005

Ice did you forget about the block Mcgahee threw last week against Zach Thomas and the other Miami defender. He took out two players in one play. If he didnt do that JP would probably be sidelined for some time. Zach Thomas was comin full steam ahead at JP and Mcgahee stopped him dead in his tracks.
                    Im so sick of hearing you ***** about how Mcgahee cant block. This is a team game. I like JP but come on he makes mistakes as does everyone else on this team. It shows that Mcgahee is a team player by taking blame for his mistakes. Why doesnt JP? This just isnt a team with one player on it like you make it out to be. JP is young he is goin to make mistakes. So quit blaming the oline, Mcgahee, and the coaches for everything.

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by onceproudbillsfan
                      Ice did you forget about the block Mcgahee threw last week against Zach Thomas and the other Miami defender. He took out two players in one play. If he didnt do that JP would probably be sidelined for some time. Zach Thomas was comin full steam ahead at JP and Mcgahee stopped him dead in his tracks.
                      Im so sick of hearing you ***** about how Mcgahee cant block. This is a team game. I like JP but come on he makes mistakes as does everyone else on this team. It shows that Mcgahee is a team player by taking blame for his mistakes. Why doesnt JP? This just isnt a team with one player on it like you make it out to be. JP is young he is goin to make mistakes. So quit blaming the oline, Mcgahee, and the coaches for everything.
                      I blame who is responsible. Willis sucks at blocking and isn't much better catching. Now I also want to see him put up yards against someone OTHER than the Jets.

If he is going to be this 'Great back' then play like it. That means not letting your QB get killed.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Haha! He missed one block and he's not a winner. Stupid thread.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          Haha! He missed one block and he's not a winner. Stupid thread.
                          Thats just the most obvious one lately. don't worry, there will be plenty more.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                            Thats just the most obvious one lately. don't worry, there will be plenty more.
                            I agree, he'll have plenty more yards to come. Some people forgot we're still rebuilding. Some people forget that there will be growing pains. Willis played better than Losman. Maybe JP is not a winner too. Oh wait, ICE's opinions on players are based whether you like them personally or not. Not what goes on the field.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• onceproudbillsfan
                              • Dec 2005

Yeah and JPs awearness in the pocket sucks too. Why dont he use his legs like he used to and run instead of standing in the pocket way to long. He is starting to look like Drew Bledsoe by holding on to the ball to long. How about that interception he threw let me guess that was the receivers fault for not catching it. Can we find anymore excuses.

Comment

Working...
                              X