X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Losman had a bad game.

Losman had decent stats but a bad game. PERIOD. Don't sugar coat it or BS me. With that said he is the starter and will be next year and beyond.

Losman is our future wether you like it or not. There are no other vet's that would be any better unless you want to see Jake Plummer in a Bills uniform. Brady Quinn, who were not going to be in a position to get anyway, would be another 2-3 year project. The coaching staff, who did an excellent job of managing JP in Miami, did a horrible job this week. Horrible. The kid needs to be babysat until he is thinking about the D and not his mechanics. It will come but everyone, including me, needs to be patient.

We also have to start being objective around here. JP had alot to do with us losing this game. If we are to have credibility than we have to admit when JP plays poorly. He threw some really bad passes. The 2 crappy deep balls and the consecutive crappy 3 yarders to Willis when we had a chance to drive for a tie come to mind.

He didn't play well so admit it, accept it, and realize that he's our QB for a while.
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: Losman had a bad game.

The INT was bad.

The last drive was bad.

On both fumbles, he was blindsided by free blitzers just as he was about to release the ball. I don't expect a QB of his experience to have a "feel" for that.

But for most of his attempts, he made plays and good decisions. The few mistakes were just devastating.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

He didn't play well. We need to get back to our gameplan!

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
        Losman had decent stats but a bad game. PERIOD. Don't sugar coat it or BS me. With that said he is the starter and will be next year and beyond.

Losman is our future wether you like it or not. There are no other vet's that would be any better unless you want to see Jake Plummer in a Bills uniform. Brady Quinn, who were not going to be in a position to get anyway, would be another 2-3 year project. The coaching staff, who did an excellent job of managing JP in Miami, did a horrible job this week. Horrible. The kid needs to be babysat until he is thinking about the D and not his mechanics. It will come but everyone, including me, needs to be patient.

We also have to start being objective around here. JP had alot to do with us losing this game. If we are to have credibility than we have to admit when JP plays poorly. He threw some really bad passes. The 2 crappy deep balls and the consecutive crappy 3 yarders to Willis when we had a chance to drive for a tie come to mind.

He didn't play well so admit it, accept it, and realize that he's our QB for a while.
        Oh Bull ****. he had a 50/50 game. He can't block for himself and he sure as hell can't ****ing tackle. For the most part he did his job. 300+ yards and you guys are still *****ing. ***** if we win and its under 100 and ***** when he tosses 320 and a loss.

When this team (Esp the damn RB) learns to block and the learn to tackle some one on defense, THEN the TEAM will be playing better football. BTW read the thread where the guy ACTUALLY THERE said our WR's were NOT getting open and JP had to check down to his 3rd and 4th options a lot. The kid did fine all things considered.

It amazes me how some of you have unrealistic expectations. You want the results a 3 year STARTER puts up that has a good team around him. JP hasn't started for 3 years nor does he have that great a team around him yet.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Yeah he is making strides.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            Yeah he is making strides.
            And didn't we ALL say thats all we can expect this year? He isn't going to be Joe friggin montana in less than a full season of starts! He is starting to get there. The guy we see 6 weeks from now will be more polished than the guy yesterday. The guy at the end of the season will be more polished than the guy 6 weeks from now etc.

People need to just back the hell of and let the kid do his thing. He is getting there but its a process.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

I don't know how you teach pocket awareness.

If you watch Grossman, Rivers, Big Ben, et. al., they all look like they have a freaking clue. Even Charlie Frey looks more like an NFL QB at this point.

We're stuck with him this year, but he's no answer. He's the next Rob Johnson.

Put me down for Troy Smith.

Comment

• baamf
                • Mar 2006

As a Jets fan I must say I wasn't that impressed with him yesterday. Some of his early decisions looked good, but he seemed to be a bit rattled in the second half. I cut him some slack in the late drives because the Jets were in their "Victory Defense" which makes it difficult to get too many chunk plays. As an outsider who doesn't watch him weekly like you folks do he seemed to be a young QB with a good toolset who just doesn't yet have the intelligence and experience to win a game on his own. Will he ever develop those traits? Remains to be seen in my book, and agree he needs to be coddled a bit more by the coaching staff at this point in his maturation process. Have to give him props on that late TD run, nice moves on a gutsy play. Not to mention, the wind there looked brutal so putting up the numbers he did is not too shabby...

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                  Oh Bull ****. he had a 50/50 game. He can't block for himself and he sure as hell can't ****ing tackle. For the most part he did his job. 300+ yards and you guys are still *****ing. ***** if we win and its under 100 and ***** when he tosses 320 and a loss.
                  I didn't care about his first 2 games. I didn't blame hime for the NE loss either. But this game has him accountable. Be objective. His last series was a joke plus he threw a ton of high balls all day. Ice his stats don't matter in a loss. Holcomb has had two 400+ yard games that resulted in losses. He made mistakes that resulted in turnovers, etc. This is with the pass he get's for the 7 that the Jets got on McGahees poor block.

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                    I don't know how you teach pocket awareness.

If you watch Grossman, Rivers, Big Ben, et. al., they all look like they have a freaking clue. Even Charlie Frey looks more like an NFL QB at this point.

We're stuck with him this year, but he's no answer. He's the next Rob Johnson.

Put me down for Troy Smith.
                    Grossman has a clue? You mean like running into his own endzone then throwing a pick for a TD? You mean a clue like 3 ints and no TD's for big ben?

please STFU already.

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      I didn't care about his first 2 games. I didn't blame hime for the NE loss either. But this game has him accountable. Be objective. His last series was a joke plus he threw a ton of high balls all day. Ice his stats don't matter in a loss. Holcomb has had two 400+ yard games that resulted in losses. He made mistakes that resulted in turnovers, etc. This is with the pass he get's for the 7 that the Jets got on McGahees poor block.
                      Oh bull crap. So his stats only matter in Wins? Pure crap. You guys are a flat out joke. No QB can succeed with the constant change in demands you put on them. Unrealistic expectations are all you guys put out there. You expect perfection, sorry NO QB is perfect.

You guys would be stupid enough to ***** if we had Joe montana in his prime, or Elway, Kelly, Young whomever. You guys just can't be pleased.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Grossman has a clue? You mean like running into his own endzone then throwing a pick for a TD? You mean a clue like 3 ints and no TD's for big ben?

please STFU already.
                        No.

You don't see any of them get blasted and fumble the ball 20 yards away from where they are.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                          He didn't play well. We need to get back to our gameplan!

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                            No.

You don't see any of them get blasted and fumble the ball 20 yards away from where they are.
                            Really? I have seen it out of all of them at some point. Again You wish to ignore fact. How did ben do yesterday? Whats his teams record with him at QB this year? 0-2.

And the reason I didn't see them yesterday get blasted and fumble....their RB's can pick up the blitz unlike ours.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

please STFU already.
                              Although EE needs to get over the fact that we are staying with Losman I do have one stat that counters your argument.

Week 3:

Grossman (W)

Losman (L)

Comment

Working...
                              X