PDA

View Full Version : Overconfidence.

justasportsfan
09-25-2006, 09:27 AM
That's what blew the game. The coaches , players and fans all thought this would be a gimme.

Coaches- Who the hell decided to act like moolarkey? They got cute thinking they could just breeze by a rival team by running gadget plays. Jauron should pull a BB by simply locking the team away from the press and just stick to business. After getting all the praises for a great D performance against the fins, the D decides not to show up against the jets. Stop reading into what the press says. You're not that good. Don't let it get to your head. Did we even have a ST out there?

Fans- BZ was pretty much FH right before we beat the fins. Sorry guys, we're still in rebuild mode. We all knew we were gonna have growing pains and this is one of them. It shouldn't have been against a team we should've beaten but that's that and don't be so sure we can beat the titans either.

I gave Jauron his prop after 2 games. It's just fair that I give him crap for this one. We'll see how he bounces back. He let the fans down, we'll see if he continues to do so for the vikings games. I don't expect a win but a hard fought and smart gameplan against them.

HHURRICANE
09-25-2006, 09:45 AM
Totally agree and I called it. Sorry, enough about me lets talk about me.

Ebenezer
09-25-2006, 10:16 AM
i disagree justa...if McGahee doesnt miss the chip block (no fumble) and Losman doesn't throw that weak interception the Bills win. The coaches have brought this team very far and it is still only week 3.

justasportsfan
09-25-2006, 10:23 AM
i disagree justa...if McGahee doesnt miss the chip block (no fumble) and Losman doesn't throw that weak interception the Bills win. The coaches have brought this team very far and it is still only week 3.
Sorry eb, the last 2 games, the coaches never got cute with the trick plays because we were underdogs. Our D was aggressive too. Now that the jets come to town, all of a sudden we start experimenting with a Moolarkey O and a conservative Wanny D?

ICE74129
09-25-2006, 10:28 AM
you know justa I think they just really wanted to impress the home crowd and I can't blame them for that.

Its the lack of adjustments that bugs me as well as the lack of football fundimentals. TACKLEING is the #1 thing

justasportsfan
09-25-2006, 10:38 AM
you know justa I think they just really wanted to impress the home crowd and I can't blame them for that.

Its the lack of adjustments that bugs me as well as the lack of football fundimentals. TACKLEING is the #1 thing
I would've been more impressed with a 3-0 win with a 2-1 overall record especially division games. I'm not inpessed with a loss in a game that we should win.

feelthepain
09-25-2006, 10:41 AM

Hmmm, blame it on the players, the guys that actually play the game??? How novel!!! Seems quite a few Bill fans here just refuse to hold the players accountable for anything, clueless.

Ebenezer
09-25-2006, 10:49 AM
I would've been more impressed with a 3-0 win with a 2-1 overall record especially division games. I'm not inpessed with a loss in a game that we should win.
"should win"?? This just in. There was another team on the field yesterday. The Jets played pretty darn well. The defense had no answer for those quick passing plays. Nate Clements couldn't cover most NFL receivers right now. The def still only gave up 275 yards. It was a game of turnovers and pass rush. We committed three TOs and had little pass rush.

justasportsfan
09-25-2006, 11:55 AM
"should win"?? This just in. There was another team on the field yesterday. The Jets played pretty darn well. The defense had no answer for those quick passing plays. Nate Clements couldn't cover most NFL receivers right now. The def still only gave up 275 yards. It was a game of turnovers and pass rush. We committed three TOs and had little pass rush.
Eb, we were at home. We were favored to win .We pretty much dominated the game. If we didn't make stupid calls offensively and played agressively on D like we did the first 2 games, yes we should've won.

Not to take anything away from the jets. They outcoached us.

BillsFever21
09-25-2006, 12:43 PM
That's what blew the game. The coaches , players and fans all thought this would be a gimme.

Coaches- Who the hell decided to act like moolarkey? They got cute thinking they could just breeze by a rival team by running gadget plays. Jauron should pull a BB by simply locking the team away from the press and just stick to business. After getting all the praises for a great D performance against the fins, the D decides not to show up against the jets. Stop reading into what the press says. You're not that good. Don't let it get to your head. Did we even have a ST out there?

Fans- BZ was pretty much FH right before we beat the fins. Sorry guys, we're still in rebuild mode. We all knew we were gonna have growing pains and this is one of them. It shouldn't have been against a team we should've beaten but that's that and don't be so sure we can beat the titans either.

I gave Jauron his prop after 2 games. It's just fair that I give him crap for this one. We'll see how he bounces back. He let the fans down, we'll see if he continues to do so for the vikings games. I don't expect a win but a hard fought and smart gameplan against them.

:clap:

Great post. I agree with everything said.

They thought this game was gonna be too easy. I can see some fans getting overconfident and wearing rose colored glasses after a win but not the coaches and/or players.

The coaches blew this game by trying to be cute. It cost us the game and seriously put us behind the 8-ball starting off 1-2 in the division.

Unless we win 4 out of the next 5 games with a victory against the Patriots this season may be lost already. If not lost then in jeopardy. That would put us 5-3 with a most likely loss against the Colts which would make us 5-4 with tough games against the Chargers and Jaguars ahead. Is this team good enough to win 4 of 5? I doubt it but we'll find out how much heart the players have and if the coaches are any good.

Anything less then 5-4 and we may forget any playoff hopes. I don't believe we will make the playoffs but I would at least like to be in contention more then halfway through the season.

If we're anything less then 5-4 and lose the game to the Patriots which would put us 2 games behind them plus the tiebreaker along with 1-3 in the division there isn't anyway this team would be good enough to overcome that.

Anyway, great post man. I agree with everything said.

BillsFever21
09-25-2006, 12:48 PM
Realisticly I see us going 2-3 through the next 5 games which would put us at 3-5. Then with the loss to the Colts that would mean 3-6.

After that there isn't anymore playoff hopes. We'll just be playing out the season and trying to improve on things for next year.

I'm sick of talking about next year halfway through the season. This is the state of our team the last 5 years though. Jauron can't cut it and till we find a real coach who can then we will never be a great team.

Jauron may be a decent coach but will never be any better then average. Anybody who thinks otherwise is believing in false hope. He may get the team to .500 records or an occasional run for a WC spot but that's the most to expect.

Some here are content with being average. Myself and many more people aren't.

ICE74129
09-25-2006, 01:21 PM
Realisticly I see us going 2-3 through the next 5 games which would put us at 3-5. Then with the loss to the Colts that would mean 3-6.

After that there isn't anymore playoff hopes. We'll just be playing out the season and trying to improve on things for next year.

I'm sick of talking about next year halfway through the season. This is the state of our team the last 5 years though. Jauron can't cut it and till we find a real coach who can then we will never be a great team.

Jauron may be a decent coach but will never be any better then average. Anybody who thinks otherwise is believing in false hope. He may get the team to .500 records or an occasional run for a WC spot but that's the most to expect.

Some here are content with being average. Myself and many more people aren't.

Well you better deal with two facts. 1) as long as ralph is alive, marv is GM. 2) as long as marv is GJ, Dick is our HC.

FinFaninBuffalo
09-25-2006, 02:44 PM

I was wondering how you'd feel about the play calling by the Bills yesterday. They score on the first drive, then shutdown the Jets. On their second drive, its 2nd and 3 after a 7 yd run on 1st, and then, pass, pass, fake FG?

McGahee had only 8 carries in the second half after 114 yards rushing in the first half.

4th quarter, Jets up 21-10, 3rd and goal from the 1, and a bootleg is called? WTF? It was time to smash it in and get to 21-17.

As good as they were running it, they should have had more runs than passes.

ublinkwescore
09-25-2006, 04:09 PM
I gotta agree with Eb - we need to get rid of Clements - the guy's just a waste of cap space - I've seen him get burned, and miss too many tackles this season already - I don't know what's wrong with him, but it doesn't look like any amount of help for him is gonna bring him back.

I'd franchise him for two weeks and trade his @$$ while trying to overvalue him to other teams and hopefully snag at least a 3rd for his @$$ cause we sure as hell aren't gonna get a 1st - 2nd is possible, but I wouldn't even count on that right now.

Night Train
09-25-2006, 04:14 PM

Overconfidence is a non-issue.

It was a bad gameplan, with the weather factors hurting it even more.

ublinkwescore
09-25-2006, 04:14 PM
:clap:

Great post. I agree with everything said.

They thought this game was gonna be too easy. I can see some fans getting overconfident and wearing rose colored glasses after a win but not the coaches and/or players.

The coaches blew this game by trying to be cute. It cost us the game and seriously put us behind the 8-ball starting off 1-2 in the division.

Unless we win 4 out of the next 5 games with a victory against the Patriots this season may be lost already. If not lost then in jeopardy. That would put us 5-3 with a most likely loss against the Colts which would make us 5-4 with tough games against the Chargers and Jaguars ahead. Is this team good enough to win 4 of 5? I doubt it but we'll find out how much heart the players have and if the coaches are any good.

Anything less then 5-4 and we may forget any playoff hopes. I don't believe we will make the playoffs but I would at least like to be in contention more then halfway through the season.

If we're anything less then 5-4 and lose the game to the Patriots which would put us 2 games behind them plus the tiebreaker along with 1-3 in the division there isn't anyway this team would be good enough to overcome that.

Anyway, great post man. I agree with everything said.

I'll admit, I was truely guilty of this overconfidence - I gave the Jets between a 0-NO CHANCE odds of beating us - it blew up in my face. That being said, I think this game was still typical of our whole team's current identity - Fairchild and Fewel have little to no coordinating experience, so they too are proned to growing pains and I think that's what we saw. I think they need to bounce back with their playcalling and aggressiveness on both O and D. Fairchild also needs to tell JP to take shots down the field in the end in those situations - we've got nothing to lose, and a hell of a lot to gain if there is a pass interference call on the D.