PDA

View Full Version : JP Losman

ghz in pittsburgh
09-25-2006, 09:36 AM
That's the question we need to ask ourselves.

Week 1, he did mostly check down stuff. He took a safety that ultimately became the losing score.

Week 2, he started to air out a bit more. Lots of incompletions but improved on beating the blitz.

Week 3, he aired out considerably more , in 30 mph win and rain no less. Threw a career high but also 1NT and 2 fumbles.

Overall he's started to show all the things an NFL quarterback needs to do. He does make mistakes, but you cannot say one particular thing that he keeps making mistake on (granted there is only 3 games so far). Win loss record aside, you have to admit he's making progress so far. Just not quite to put it all together yet.

btw, if what he said about the INT in his press conference is true, then I feel a lot better about it. Yes it is throwing to a double team, but sometimes you just need to take a chance. Jim Kelly did it, Favre does it all the time, Manning does it, too. Losman certainly has the arm to do it. I just didn't like it to be that far off where Evans is going outside and the ball went inside. He said it was the wind that pushed the not-so-perfect spiral inside. For a QB that will play half the games in Ralph, mastering the wind is a necessity. Now let's see how he manage that down the road.

ICE74129
09-25-2006, 09:48 AM
That's the question we need to ask ourselves.

Week 1, he did mostly check down stuff. He took a safety that ultimately became the losing score.

Week 2, he started to air out a bit more. Lots of incompletions but improved on beating the blitz.

Week 3, he aired out considerably more , in 30 mph win and rain no less. Threw a career high but also 1NT and 2 fumbles.

Overall he's started to show all the things an NFL quarterback needs to do. He does make mistakes, but you cannot say one particular thing that he keeps making mistake on (granted there is only 3 games so far). Win loss record aside, you have to admit he's making progress so far. Just not quite to put it all together yet.

btw, if what he said about the INT in his press conference is true, then I feel a lot better about it. Yes it is throwing to a double team, but sometimes you just need to take a chance. Jim Kelly did it, Favre does it all the time, Manning does it, too. Losman certainly has the arm to do it. I just didn't like it to be that far off where Evans is going outside and the ball went inside. He said it was the wind that pushed the not-so-perfect spiral inside. For a QB that will play half the games in Ralph, mastering the wind is a necessity. Now let's see how he manage that down the road.

he had one ball slip out of his hands and it was a duck. It happens. Is anyone going to mention the rocket shot/ Perfect spiral that went nearly 50 yards INTO that 30 mph wind? Yeah it was incomplete due to evans pulling up thinking it wouldn't get there. I bet he runs through the route next time :bandwagon

Friggin sweet throw. We now know this kid more than has the arm for Orchard park.