PDA

View Full Version : We are rebuilding, but I refuse to throw in the towel!

ICE74129
09-25-2006, 10:35 AM
I still say 4-3 going into the bye.

we are 1-2. I think we beat the vikes at home, lose at chicago, Beat the lions and then beat NE at home.

Hey even if we go 3-4 that means this team is improving. The upside yesterday is the Jets didn't beat us, we beat ourselfs and believe it or not..that is a positive thing.

the jets game is past us, lets let it go and focus on the Vikings!

DBrown77
09-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Good Post, This loss didnt bother me as much as I thought is was going to. I think it was the way we fought back at the end and also JP's drive to try to make it happen. As long as I see positives and we didnt get blown out I am happy. At least this year

BleedinGreenNC
09-25-2006, 10:50 AM
Somehow, i do not see you beating the Vikings, they have a running game and a stout defense.

ICE74129
09-25-2006, 10:50 AM
Good Post, This loss didnt bother me as much as I thought is was going to. I think it was the way we fought back at the end and also JP's drive to try to make it happen. As long as I see positives and we didnt get blown out I am happy. At least this year

We never gave up, that in its self is a major improvement.

BleedinGreenNC
09-25-2006, 10:52 AM
I still say 4-3 going into the bye.

we are 1-2. I think we beat the vikes at home, lose at chicago, Beat the lions and then beat NE at home.

Hey even if we go 3-4 that means this team is improving. The upside yesterday is the Jets didn't beat us, we beat ourselfs and believe it or not..that is a positive thing.

the jets game is past us, lets let it go and focus on the Vikings!

I do have to agree with you, you did beat yourselves, your boys had great numbers, and i think that Losman may be coming into his own, but remember, my Jet's defense is suspect, if Losman has that kind of boxscore on the better defenses' in the leauge, then you will be ok!!

Great game, good luck against the Vikes.

DBrown77
09-25-2006, 10:58 AM
We never gave up, that in its self is a major improvement.

Last year we were not a come from behind team. And right now I dont think we are either. But the way JP handled himself in the last 6 minutes of the game impressed me. And also us making a quasi comeback impressed me. We seem to have more heart than last year.

Saratoga Slim
09-25-2006, 11:15 AM
I agree with the theme of this thread. I went in to this season expecting losses, and determined to be content so long as I saw improvement and got a sense that we're on the right track.

we've been tooth-and-nail comeptitive, and have been in a position to win every game we've played. That's good enough for me at this stage. Sooner or later you've got to think that JP and Co. will get better at finishing off otherwise successful drives with TDs. When that happens, we'll start winning these close games.

ICE74129
09-25-2006, 11:15 AM
I do have to agree with you, you did beat yourselves, your boys had great numbers, and i think that Losman may be coming into his own, but remember, my Jet's defense is suspect, if Losman has that kind of boxscore on the better defenses' in the leauge, then you will be ok!!

Great game, good luck against the Vikes.

Hey you guys played a hell of a game, and looking at how both of us took it to NE, then them getting beat last night, I say we BOTH will beat them the 2nd time around. It may, believe it or not, be the Jets and Bills for 1st and 2nd in the AFCE LOL!

ICE74129
09-25-2006, 11:16 AM
I agree with the theme of this thread. I went in to this season expecting losses, and determined to be content so long as I saw improvement and got a sense that we're on the right track.

we've been tooth-and-nail comeptitive, and have been in a position to win every game we've played. That's good enough for me at this stage. Sooner or later you've got to think that JP and Co. will get better at finishing off otherwise successful drives with TDs. When that happens, we'll start winning these close games.

I asked one thing of this team, be competitive in each game and so far we have been. There will come a time soon we are good enough to win these close ones.