mchurchfie
09-25-2006, 10:51 AM
Time to suck it up. We need you Bra......bad!:news:

hammerbillsfan
09-25-2006, 10:55 AM
:goodpost:

ghz in pittsburgh
09-25-2006, 11:09 AM
Spike does need to watch himself. If Keith Ellison keeps improving (with the potential of getting stronger) and Spike loses some speed (very possible as we have not seen much Spike yet in coverage situations this season), Spike might be another Troy Vicent next year.

ICE74129
09-25-2006, 11:13 AM
I think TKO has had enough of Buffalo. Posey and Vincent were the last straw and he is going to take his sweet time getting back on the field. Come this offseason I see him asking for a trade and we should give it to him.

bigbub2352
09-25-2006, 12:03 PM
I agree ice, he doesnt want to be here anymore, plus i am sure Marv wants his own players in here, there will be more cuts to come next year they should bring someone else in, FA or draft, trade hime for a 3-4th rounder

don137
09-25-2006, 12:54 PM
I can't see TKO being a quitter. This team is starting to turn the corner and I am sure he realizes it. We could really use him on defense. Ellison will never be in the same league as TKO.

mchurchfie
09-25-2006, 12:57 PM
I can't see TKO being a quitter. This team is starting to turn the corner and I am sure he realizes it. We could really use him on defense. Ellison will never be in the same league as TKO.
:bf1:

bigbub2352
09-25-2006, 01:00 PM
I am not saying he is a quiter i am saying he might not want to play here anymore he basically left Cinn, to play for Cinn at the time he was there, he left they got good, he is here we got bad and worse and he will be 30 so i think he might not want to play for a rebuilding team, if that is the case then bye bye

ICE74129
09-25-2006, 01:03 PM
I can't see TKO being a quitter. This team is starting to turn the corner and I am sure he realizes it. We could really use him on defense. Ellison will never be in the same league as TKO. how do you know? Who knows what Ellison can do and who says he is our starter next year?

TKO hasn't been a marv type guy with his micro outbursts. No one said TKO is a quitter, but he has had enough here in Buffalo IMHO and will ask for a trade this offseason

The_Philster
09-25-2006, 01:10 PM
Sorry, ICE...but I gotta disagree on TKO...he reminds me of Talley. As far as his reaction to Vincent's situation, he was kinda caught off guard...can't blame him for reacting emotionally. I have to wonder if he's been interviewed about that situation since then...after he had some time to process the info.
Be honest, when you get shocking news, how easy do you think it really is to react with your head over your haert that quickly?

ICE74129
09-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Sorry, ICE...but I gotta disagree on TKO...he reminds me of Talley. As far as his reaction to Vincent's situation, he was kinda caught off guard...can't blame him for reacting emotionally. I have to wonder if he's been interviewed about that situation since then...after he had some time to process the info.
Be honest, when you get shocking news, how easy do you think it really is to react with your head over your haert that quickly?

'No comment, I don't know whats going on yet'. Pretty simple in my book. And I don't feel he will be here next year.

Devin
09-25-2006, 01:14 PM
TKO will hopefully be a Bill for a long time to come.

mchurchfie
09-25-2006, 01:30 PM
Screw what he does next year. We need him to get back soon and start putting a little attitude back in this defense. Even if he isn't 100% he is still better than most and brings a lot of leadership to the field. He is easily someone who can bring these younger guys to the next level just by his presence on the field.

Carlton Bailey
09-25-2006, 01:37 PM
I want Takeo Spikes to retire in a Bills uniform. Hopefully we'll have a halftime ceremony down the line with his name going up on the Wall of Fame.

Vilma > Fletcher
09-25-2006, 02:16 PM
At least I give to you guys. You have'nt given up on this guy. If he was on the Jets the fans would be calling for his head. I like this guy, but for some oddreason he just cant stay healthy. He looks in great shape, so im sure its not his conditioning. Maybe its just bad luck.

bigbub2352
09-25-2006, 02:18 PM
I would luv to see TKO in a bills uniform the rest of his career, dont get me wrong, i am just a little disappointed he is not on the scene yet, and hoping he doesn do what he did in CINN, all i am saying

BillsFever21
09-25-2006, 02:30 PM

This team is many years away from turning the corner. We still need a competent HC. We have many young players who are at least a couple years away from being great(if they even turn out great)

We still don't know how JP will pan out in the long run. We have guys coming in for FA who will bolt the first chance they get in Clements and McGahee and will need to be replaced.

This team is far from turning the corner. They may be turning the corner to be competitve and a .500 but they are light years away from being any type of a contender. Takeo has never even played a playoff game. He wants to be on a contender.

We were suppose to be turning the corner when Takeo signed here 4 years ago. He doesn't want to wait around or take any chances. This guy wants to play for a team who is great right now who can compete for a championship.

I bet Takeo wishes he would've stayed in Cinci now. Looking back he probably wonders what he was thinking when they had just brought in a great coach and had a good foundation. Like this situation he thought Buffalo was a future competitor and he wasn't gonna take any chances with the Bengals after all them bad seasons just like he has experienced in Buffalo.

He isn't the same player anymore after the injury. He can't even stay on the field now. If we could dump him for a 1st day draft pick then go for it. He's 30 years old now and even if he is close to his old self he only has a few good years left at the most. If our team is lucky we will be turning it around then and have our team as consistent playoff contenders who hopefully would be good enough for a run at the championship.

ICE74129
09-25-2006, 02:34 PM
The only thing I agree with is him being 30 and he won't be the same after the injury.

I also hate to tell you guys but after that type of injury and the hard work, you look at guys around you being cut, realise you are on a rebuilding team and its tough to get up for games.

DynaPaul
09-25-2006, 07:33 PM
You know what'd really be ironic? Is if he *****ed his way out of Buffalo and went to some other team only to see us light it up like the Bengals did after he left. That'd be two teams he ditched that improved.

I wanna see him back on the field and hopefully our run defense and pass rush improve.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-25-2006, 10:27 PM
I can see Spikes asking for a trade in the offseason..

BADTHINGSMAN
09-25-2006, 10:28 PM
You know what'd really be ironic? Is if he *****ed his way out of Buffalo and went to some other team only to see us light it up like the Bengals did after he left. That'd be two teams he ditched that improved.

I wanna see him back on the field and hopefully our run defense and pass rush improve.

Im thinking Detriot is his next stop,lol.. Id like to see him on the field helping Buffalo's D..

SABURZFAN
09-26-2006, 02:20 AM
I think TKO has had enough of Buffalo.

that's ok.i've had enough of his stupid little dances after a tackle.when he does it on a more consistant basis,then he has a reason to dance.until then,he needs to get his ass back on the field and :stfu: .

X-Era
09-26-2006, 07:01 AM

It was critical for him to be out there.

Im disappointed in him to be honest.

Get y-ass on the field!!! NOW!!!!

The King
09-26-2006, 07:07 AM
How soon we forget.... Play one of week 1. Spikes showed the same intensity, he always has.

The only way we break Spikes' attitude is by bailing on Fletch. Like Brian Simmons in Cincy, he really has grown attatched to Fletch. And by switching it up at MLB you essentially change his role on the team.

SABURZFAN
09-30-2006, 03:37 AM
I want Takeo Spikes to retire in a Bills uniform. Hopefully we'll have a halftime ceremony down the line with his name going up on the Wall of Fame.

:roflmao:

i don't see it happening.

SABURZFAN
09-30-2006, 03:40 AM
How soon we forget.... Play one of week 1. Spikes showed the same intensity, he always has.

nothing like blowing your load on the first play of the season.how many more eggs is he going to lay? :down:

mybills
09-30-2006, 07:13 AM
he is going to take his sweet time getting back on the field.
Yeah, ok. :rofl:
It's not that he is taking his sweet time, it's his hamstring that is taking too long to heal. He practiced this week, but couldn't practice yesterday because of it. He's upset about the healing progress, so am I.

X-Era
09-30-2006, 07:15 AM

TKO needs a bra?

Ohh wait im dislexic

patmoran2006
09-30-2006, 09:48 AM
Here's a thought.

THe guy is INJURED... Its not like he's holding out for a new deal or entering the last year of his deal. Im SURE he wants to be out there.

Its FRUSTRATING to not have him on the field, but nobody is more frustrated than him I'm sure.

and yes, we DO NEED Him on the field. He's too good to be on the sidelines

LifetimeBillsFan
09-30-2006, 10:01 AM
IF (and remember that I just said IF) TKO wants to be traded to a contender, I know one that needs a MLB to replace their starter who won't be coming back anytime this year and has two strikes against him in the NFL's substance abuse program........I wonder if they'd even consider taking TKO back...?????

HHURRICANE
09-30-2006, 10:33 AM
IF (and remember that I just said IF) TKO wants to be traded to a contender, I know one that needs a MLB to replace their starter who won't be coming back anytime this year and has two strikes against him in the NFL's substance abuse program........I wonder if they'd even consider taking TKO back...?????

I was thinking the same thing but I'm pretty sure that he burned his bridge with Lewis who made a pretty big attempt to keep him.

TKO has to play here before he can get traded to make him worth something.

I'm on the fence. Spikes comments regarding JP and Vincent have been bothersome but I do think he's a good player. I would just assume letting him play out his contract which expires in ??? and by than we hopefully have somebody younger, faster, etc. that can replace him.

The_Philster
09-30-2006, 11:11 AM
Regarding Vincent, it was a heat of the moment thing. If one of your close friends on the team was placed on IR and he was expected to be able to play in a few weeks, how would you react when you first heard the news? It's not like they gave TKO any time to react. TKO plays the game with a lot of heart and emotion...only natural that his heart would tell him what to say like that.