PDA

View Full Version : D- to Fewell for his gameplan

mchurchfie
09-25-2006, 12:49 PM
I don't remember seeing one blitz the whole game.:down: He gave Penny exactly the defense he thrives against...bend don't break, dink and dunk. He should have sent some heat and made that noodlearm try and beat us deep a few times. Very terrible strategy and no gametime adjustments.:down:

The_Philster
09-25-2006, 12:53 PM
We were doing well with minimal blitzes against the Fish. When that strategy didn't work against the Jets, we should've adjusted. The attacking defense we were getting used to was doing little or no attacking all day...just reacting

bigbub2352
09-25-2006, 01:00 PM
we blitzed they were picked up, not as much as in miami though

The_Philster
09-25-2006, 01:02 PM
3-5 step drops by Pennington...not gonna get a lot of sacks that way

ICE74129
09-25-2006, 01:04 PM
We were doing well with minimal blitzes against the Fish. When that strategy didn't work against the Jets, we should've adjusted. The attacking defense we were getting used to was doing little or no attacking all day...just reacting

I have to agree. He was more worried about dump offs and should have been. The problem is if your front 4 can't get pressure, the dumpoffs come anyway

ICE74129
09-25-2006, 01:05 PM
3-5 step drops by Pennington...not gonna get a lot of sacks that way BUT we get pressure and some hands up in the gaps...

Instead we just dropped defenders back allowing pennington more time.

DBrown77
09-25-2006, 02:02 PM
I don't remember seeing one blitz the whole game.:down: He gave Penny exactly the defense he thrives against...bend don't break, dink and dunk. He should have sent some heat and made that noodlearm try and beat us deep a few times. Very terrible strategy and no gametime adjustments.:down:

We zone blitzed when Schoebel got smoked by that RB's spin move and then caught the ball for a 40 yard gain