PDA

View Full Version : McGahee Should Have Had 200 Yards, If The Coaches Didn't Get Cute

Night Train
09-25-2006, 03:58 PM
After the initial drive which resulted in the Parrish TD, the Mangini D (Pats D) were excellent in covering our WR's. I could see it with ease from the stands. TV doesn't show that.

Losman was holding onto the ball in vain most times, trying to find an open WR . (There were none 95 % of the time). We lost this game AS A TEAM.

Fairchild should have called running plays far more in the 3rd quarter, with the score 14-10. The wind was a major factor for most any pass longer than 10 yards.

Live and learn but these absolutely idiotic posts looking to blame someone are assinine. We got beat and we'll learn. We're a young team for the most part, in a rebuilding and learning mode. 5-8 wins, as I predicted.

Grow a pair.

X-Era
09-25-2006, 05:23 PM
After the initial drive which resulted in the Parrish TD, the Mangini D (Pats D) were excellent in covering our WR's. I could see it with ease from the stands. TV doesn't show that.

Losman was holding onto the ball in vain most times, trying to find an open WR . (There were none 95 % of the time). We lost this game AS A TEAM.

Fairchild should have called running plays far more in the 3rd quarter, with the score 14-10. The wind was a major factor for most any pass longer than 10 yards.

Live and learn but these absolutely idiotic posts looking to blame someone are assinine. We got beat and we'll learn. We're a young team for the most part, in a rebuilding and learning mode. 5-8 wins, as I predicted.

Grow a pair.

Thanks for this post, the point is one the money.

Good job gettin er done.

BillsFever21
09-25-2006, 05:48 PM

Grow a pair.

They did such an excellent job we only threw for 328 yards and had 2 WR's go over 100 yards. That was one hell of a performance.

Part of McGahee's success was from Losman having success passing on them. They couldn't key in on McGahee because they knew Losman would beat them. They had to account for both of them. It went hand-in-hand and helped both of them have career days in yardage.

If we would've just stopped taking shots passing when it was working and just ran McGahee he wouldn't have had 150 yards. They couldn't bring 8 guys into the box and key in on Willis because Losman was beating them with the pass too.

If you think McGahee would've had that success without Losman throwing the ball well then you don't understand how defenses work. Losman and McGahee both kept the defense honest which kept them from focusing in on just one of them. Both of their success helped each other.

I agree they took too many shots downfield and should've ran more. They panicked. More examples of bad coaching that lead to us losing the game. But to think McGahee would've had the same success all game long without Losman passing well isn't the case.

Dozerdog
09-25-2006, 06:00 PM
I think they may have tried too hard to use the wind to their advantage.

I have a feeling they though they had to pass "now or never" because the wind was at their backs.

SABURZFAN
09-25-2006, 06:10 PM
who cares about individual stats?the only thing i'm concerned with is wins and losses.