X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risin
    • Aug 2004

Please watch DJ's press conference

I hated the idea of him being my teams head coach, but this man is winning me over.

If anyone gets a chance, it can be found on BuffaloBills.com in the multimedia section.

Look at his face when Paul Peck(er) asks him if JP is prone to fumbling, he actually looks like he is pretty upset, then calmly answers.

His answer was that he's never seen a QB get hit while his arm is in motion, and not fumble the ball. He blamed JP for the first one, but not because he fumbled, because he didn't get away. The second one, he clearly blamed another player.

That explanation isn't the reason I like Jauron, he just comes off as a cool customer. Very professional, says he loves this group of guys, and they work hard.

He also takes blame for why they need to play better.

Long live Dick Jauron.

(I never thought I'd say that)
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Please watch DJ's press conference

Originally posted by Risin
    I hated the idea of him being my teams head coach, but this man is winning me over.

If anyone gets a chance, it can be found on BuffaloBills.com in the multimedia section.

Look at his face when Paul Peck(er) asks him if JP is prone to fumbling, he actually looks like he is pretty upset, then calmly answers.

His answer was that he's never seen a QB get hit while his arm is in motion, and not fumble the ball. He blamed JP for the first one, but not because he fumbled, because he didn't get away. The second one, he clearly blamed another player.

That explanation isn't the reason I like Jauron, he just comes off as a cool customer. Very professional, says he loves this group of guys, and they work hard.

He also takes blame for why they need to play better.

Long live Dick Jauron.

(I never thought I'd say that)
    God Bless this post. Its week FRIKKIN THREE!

Jauron deserves more support than we are giving him. Let him prove whether he is good or a clown. But proving himslef doesnt take 3 games. Theres too much changeover to expect us to play lights out each week yet. By midseason if we see the same msitakes, yeah its time to worry. But not after 3 games, its way too early!

Comment

• Risin
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by jp-era
      God Bless this post. Its week FRIKKIN THREE!

Jauron deserves more support than we are giving him. Let him prove whether he is good or a clown. But proving himslef doesnt take 3 games. Theres too much changeover to expect us to play lights out each week yet. By midseason if we see the same msitakes, yeah its time to worry. But not after 3 games, its way too early!

I don't know if he'll pan out.

All I do know is I love his approach to this team, and I think he truly has a genuine love for his players. (also, they feel the same for him)

I know players loving a coach, doesn't always equal wins, but it can't hurt.

Also, compared to our last 2 coaches, this guy is a breath of fresh freakin' air.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

I'll give Jauron credit for owning up to ****.

But the truth is. He had a HORRIBLE game plan and let Fairchild get too cute on offense.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• DynaPaul
          • Sep 2003

I love Dick.

Wait a second... that just didn't sound right.

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Risin
            I don't know if he'll pan out.

All I do know is I love his approach to this team, and I think he truly has a genuine love for his players. (also, they feel the same for him)

I know players loving a coach, doesn't always equal wins, but it can't hurt.

Also, compared to our last 2 coaches, this guy is a breath of fresh freakin' air.
            I cant help but feel like both Gregg and Mularkey would have had LAUGHABLE results in those same first 3 games. The NFL screwed us, we made he best of it, and it looked to me like Jauron had this team ready to play for as young and new as they were.

Instead of being laughable they were RESPECTABLE.

I wasnt pleased with our coaching in this last game, but the season isnt one game long either.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

JP-ERA

I clearly agree with you overall, but call a spade a spade.. Our play calling and game planning was **** this week, and that's the way it is.

Im NOT blaming the loss on just the coaches.. The DL did **** to get after Pennington, Losman made STUPID mistakes despite the stats, Willis missed a key block, the pass blocking was mediocre, nobody on defense made a huge play when we needed it, Lee Evans and Peerless Price were non factors most the game.

There's plenty of blame to go around.. but I HATE the way this game was managed from the sidelines Sunday.. Hopefully, it was the exception not the rule.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

I had no problem with the play calling. Take away the turnovers, and add a few blitz pickups and the Bills win.

We're a young team that needs to go through its growing pains.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  JP-ERA

I clearly agree with you overall, but call a spade a spade.. Our play calling and game planning was **** this week, and that's the way it is.

Im NOT blaming the loss on just the coaches.. The DL did **** to get after Pennington, Losman made STUPID mistakes despite the stats, Willis missed a key block, the pass blocking was mediocre, nobody on defense made a huge play when we needed it, Lee Evans and Peerless Price were non factors most the game.

There's plenty of blame to go around.. but I HATE the way this game was managed from the sidelines Sunday.. Hopefully, it was the exception not the rule.
                  What was there to "HATE"? Just curious. I didn't like the trick field goal play much, but other than that, I really didn't come out of there with a feeling that the coaching staff had a particularly bad game. More pressure on Pennington would have been nice, and better execution in the red zone would have won the game. But otherwise, what pray tell was so bad about the game plan, play calling etc? Missed blocks, turnovers, etc are execution problems.
                  Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

The team gained almost 500 yards of offense...Overall I'd say the play-calling was pretty damn good.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

I agree guys. Too many are lambasting the coaches this week. JP and WM BOTH had career days. We lost because we turned the ball over.

Comment

• lordofgun
                        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

JP's arm was going forward. He should have challenged the call.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Dozerdog
                          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
                          The arm going forward means nothing- the ball went backwards. My seats were on the yard line the hit happened. There is no such thing as an incomplete pass if the ball goes backward. It's either a fumble or a lateral.

Comment

• lordofgun
                            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

His arm was going forward before the ball came loose. It was close enpigh to warrant a replay. I've watched it several times (including in super slow motion thanks to my dvr ) and every time, his arm is going forward before the ball comes loose.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Turf
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
                              That one and the foot out of bounds on the three yard line. I can't believe people on here saying well they would have scored anyways from the three. If the coaching staff believed that we might as well mail it in now and just surrender.
                              Jauron has not challenged a lot of calls that could have significantly turned games around. Maybe he needs some carbs for his brain or something.
                              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

Working...
                              X