PDA

View Full Version : Bruschi love fest is GONE!!!!

X-Era
09-25-2006, 10:08 PM
Its replaced by New Orleans Love Fest.

At least New Orleans is deserving!!!

But Im not sure I can stand much more. New Orleans suffered Katrina, NOT the Saints they simply moved to Houston and talked about never going back. Lets not mix issues here.

I think the Saints are a NFL darkhorse with an underrated Brees, Bush, and McAllister.

But, this is an NFL game and the Falcons deserve some press.

The mdeia sucks and is again stroking the popular story rather than being even minded

Devin
09-25-2006, 10:45 PM
The Saints went to San Antonio, not Houston.

This NFL game happens to be the home opener of a team who played 16 road games last year and a city ravaged by natural disaster.

If I recall the Giants/Jets got a similar build up in 2001.

Absolutley do not confuse the Saints owner Tom Benson with the Saints players.

BillsOwnAll
09-25-2006, 11:41 PM
All the media did all week is talk about the saints losing tonight . they called them the 2-0 pretneders becuase they beat two bad teams. But what does the media expect them to do they can only beat who they play how could they say there bad cuase they played 2 bad teams and won. Now look at em. i love "experts"

THATHURMANATOR
09-26-2006, 08:47 AM
I hope the saints move to LA...

OpIv37
09-26-2006, 09:03 AM
If I recall the Giants/Jets got a similar build up in 2001.

it was bull**** then with the WTC thing and it's bull**** now with the Saints and the Katrina thing and with Bruschi.

The media tries so hard to find sub-plots to these games so they can turn it into a human interest story and pull the heartstrings of people that aren't football fans to bump their ratings and hence make more money.

Football isn't about buildings falling down or levies breaking or improbable recoveries- it's about who can play better on the gridiron on Sunday afternoon or Monday night. Everything else is just the media trying to make it into more than it is to score some extra cash.

OpIv37
09-26-2006, 09:04 AM
All the media did all week is talk about the saints losing tonight . they called them the 2-0 pretneders becuase they beat two bad teams. But what does the media expect them to do they can only beat who they play how could they say there bad cuase they played 2 bad teams and won. Now look at em. i love "experts"

funny how no one was criticizing those "experts" when they were talking about how good Buffalo's D is last week.

Michael82
09-26-2006, 09:08 AM
I still say that the Saints will not last in New Orleans. They will be gone within the next 5 years. That area cannot afford to support them, especially at full price and with half the population gone.

Devin
09-26-2006, 09:25 AM
I still say that the Saints will not last in New Orleans. They will be gone within the next 5 years. That area cannot afford to support them, especially at full price and with half the population gone.

Did you miss the part where the dome sold out for every game?

L.A. Playa
09-26-2006, 09:37 AM
why would anyone in Buffalo ever say they hope the Saints move to L.A. or they will move in 5 years ??

If you live in Buffalo you should hope the Saints prosper and dont move, the NFL is going to do everything it can to keep that team in that region. If they let the Saints move they wont do anything to stop any other franchise from moving

THATHURMANATOR
09-26-2006, 09:38 AM
Just because I am selfish :(

L.A. Playa
09-26-2006, 09:40 AM

the selfish motive would be to hope they stay, if they let the Saints move then why would they stop any other small market team from moving

Mudflap1
09-26-2006, 09:41 AM
I can't believe you people. You oughta be ashamed of yourselves for criticizing New Orleans and the Saints. I agree, the Saints are millionaires who got displaced to San Antonio last year. That is not a huge deal, they can cope. But for a lot of those guys, New Orleans is still there home, and there home (city) was ravaged.

The more important underlying theme are the citizens of New Orleans. New Orleans is not a rich town overall. A lot of these people don't have a lot of net worth. They are just trying to get their lives back together. However, the Saints offer hope, and an escape, and some lifeblood back into the economy. Without the Saints, there is nothing going on in the city. While a lot of you people up in WNY who haven't gone through anything in your lives sit there and criticize, put yourself in the shoes of some of these citizens. Imagine losing your home in WNY along with half of the area, a lot of which have to rebuild from scratch, and aren't getting reimbursed by FEMA, or are having problems due to flood insurance clauses, etc. Imagine losing half of your family to a national disaster, along with close friends and other people you know. Then imagine if Ralph Wilson Stadium was where a lot of people's lives were saved as a shelter, and in doing so, the Ralph was horribly damaged, probably beyond repair. Then imagine if the NFL/Ralph Wilson moved the Bills to some other city, like BOSTON for the season, and the next year they didn't come back, and the stadium was in shambles. How would you feel then? Would you still be cocky and chastising the media for grasping for human interest stories? Don't you think it would provide an uplift if, in this scenario, the Bills came back to WNY, the stadium was miraculously refurbished within a year, and an underdog Bills team won it's first two games on the road, then won it's first home game against a heavily favored team? All the while, the Bills players, our heroes, were helping rebuild the community by donating their time to various efforts? Don't you think WNY would like that? Don't you think that would mean something to the citizens/families/economy of WNY? Isn't that what America is all about?

You guys need to stop boo-hooing when someone else actually gets some credit, and you really need to stop criticizing when a true human interest/life story comes into play through a national tragedy. While you're at it, why don't you criticize people who volunteer their time to help sick patients, donate money, or just simply ***** about apple pie and the fourth of july? Big difference here between the Saints and an overplayed feel good story of a player on a division rival (Bruschi). In the case of the Saints, it IS bigger than football, and if you can't accept that, then you should leave the board, turn off your tv, and not watch anymore football, because you don't understand it, and what it can do for the morale of people.

Like I said, you oughta be ashamed of yourselves.

Jon

L.A. Playa
09-26-2006, 09:43 AM
I can't believe you people. You oughta be ashamed of yourselves for criticizing New Orleans and the Saints. While yes, I agree, the Saints are millionaires who got displaced to San Antonio last year. That is not a huge deal, they can cope. But for a lot of those guys, New Orleans is still there home, and there home (city) was ravaged.

The more important underlying theme are the citizens of New Orleans. New Orleans is not a rich town overall. A lot of these people don't have a lot of net worth. They are just trying to get their lives back together. However, the Saints offer hope, and an escape, and some lifeblood back into the economy. Without the Saints, there is nothing going on in the city. While a lot of you people up in WNY who haven't gone through anything in your lives sit there and criticize, put yourself in the shoes of some of these citizens. Imagine losing your home in WNY along with half of the area, a lot of which have to rebuild from scratch, and aren't getting reimbursed by FEMA, or are having problems due to flood insurance clauses, etc. Then imagine if Ralph Wilson Stadium was where a lot of people's lives were saved as a shelter, and in doing so, the Ralph was horribly damaged, probably beyond repair. Then imagine if the NFL/Ralph Wilson moved the Bills to some other city, like BOSTON for the season, and the next year they didn't come back, and the stadium was in shambles. How would you feel then? Would you still be cocky and chastising the media for grasping for human interest stories? Don't you think it would provide an uplift if, in this scenario, the Bills came back to WNY, the stadium was finished, and an underdog team won it's first two games on the road, then won it's first home game against a heavily favored team? Don't you think WNY would like that? Don't you think America would like that?

You guys need to stop boo-hooing when someone else actually gets some credit, and you really need to stop criticizing when a true human interest/life story comes into play through a national tragedy. Why you're at it, why don't you criticize people who volunteer their time to help sick patients, donate money, or ***** about apple pie and the fourth of july? Big difference here between the Saints and an overplayed feel good story of a player on a division rival. In the case of the Saints, it IS bigger than football, and if you can't accept that, then you should leave the board, turn off your tv, and not watch anymore football, because you don't understand it, and what it can do for the morale of people.

Like I said, you oughta be ashamed of yourselves.

Jon

:10:

THATHURMANATOR
09-26-2006, 09:45 AM
the selfish motive would be to hope they stay, if they let the Saints move then why would they stop any other small market team from moving
Oh well then change my vote!!!

L.A. Playa
09-26-2006, 09:46 AM
Oh well then change my vote!!!

:hi5:

Mudflap1
09-26-2006, 09:48 AM

Replace "selfish" with "stupid"...

Playa is right. If the Saints move, it's open season for any small market team.

Jon

THATHURMANATOR
09-26-2006, 09:49 AM
Replace "selfish" with "stupid"...

Playa is right. If the Saints move, it's open season for any small market team.

Jon
NO I am keeping Selfish!

Mudflap1
09-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Its replaced by New Orleans Love Fest.

At least New Orleans is deserving!!!

But Im not sure I can stand much more. New Orleans suffered Katrina, NOT the Saints they simply moved to Houston and talked about never going back. Lets not mix issues here.

I think the Saints are a NFL darkhorse with an underrated Brees, Bush, and McAllister.

But, this is an NFL game and the Falcons deserve some press.

The mdeia sucks and is again stroking the popular story rather than being even minded

You're right jp-era, let's forget the whole New Orleans story that I referenced above and the media should've spend their time talking about what an excellent young man Michael Vick is, with his sexual exploits and close drug dealer friends. Then they could've moved on to Ashley Lelie, who was completely selfish and asked for a trade out of Denver because he was a 1st round pick who couldn't deliver in a complicated offense for a good coach. They deserve the attention more than New Orleans and their displaced victims.

It's not that I'm saying New Orleans contains all angels, but I have no problem with giving the Michael Vick and co. love fest a rest for one night.

Jon

L.A. Playa
09-26-2006, 09:52 AM
the solution to the NFL's Los Angeles "problem" is awardinf 2 expansion teams, one to play in a renovated LA Coliseum and one to play in a new stadium in Anaheim. It may cause scheduling headaches for the NFL but it wouldnt tear the heart out of any fans in cities that love their teams and would end the talk of teams relocating around teh league

THATHURMANATOR
09-26-2006, 09:54 AM
the solution to the NFL's Los Angeles "problem" is awardinf 2 expansion teams, one to play in a renovated LA Coliseum and one to play in a new stadium in Anaheim. It may cause scheduling headaches for the NFL but it wouldnt tear the heart out of any fans in cities that love their teams and would end the talk of teams relocating around teh league
:hi5:

Mudflap1
09-26-2006, 09:54 AM

I agree. As for scheduling, it couldn't be any harder than when the team had 30 teams, then 31, right?

Jon

L.A. Playa
09-26-2006, 09:58 AM
I agree. As for scheduling, it couldn't be any harder than when the team had 30 teams, then 31, right?

Jon

Thats true, I do know that the NFL has petitioned the Coliseum comittee to increase the amount of events that they can have at the Coliseum.

For those who dont know the Coliseum is a historic landmark so there can be only a certain amount of events there every year, the thinking of the some people in the NFL is that the NFL will pay to renovate the Coliseum if they first game in the new Coliseum is a Super Bowl and then the following year 2 expansion teams will call the Coliseum home

From what I have heard this has lost some steam but ther are several people including the L.A. Mayor still pushing for this to happen

L.A. Playa
09-26-2006, 10:03 AM
back on topic that was great coverage for the Gulf coast, and a great celebration for the people of New Orleans, keep them in your prayers and anything you can do to help just know they still need help

I am going to try to visit New Orleans for Mardi Gras this year to pump some money in their economy

Michael82
09-26-2006, 10:07 AM
Did you miss the part where the dome sold out for every game?
no, i didn't. But I also didn't miss hearing about all the people that bought season tickets even though they don't live there because they felt obligated to help out the area and support the team. And all the people that used their insurance money to pay for season tickets. Do you really think they will sell out again? Come on, the prices were drastically reduced temporarily. I don't see it lasting. Right now, they are just riding off the post-Katrina high. The fact remains that New Orleans is a mess and that they lost half their population and their economy isn't good. And it still looks very similiar to the pictures from last year. There's tons of work that needs to get done and it may never be the same. I'm glad for the people of New Orleans that they got to enjoy a good football game and get away, but I still don't think that they will be able to keep that team for the long haul. They right now would never come close to moving, but that wont stop Benson or a new owner from moving them to make money in 5-10 years.

Face it, we know this because our team and area faces the same problem. Let's pray it never happens. But again, I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

THATHURMANATOR
09-26-2006, 10:11 AM
back on topic that was great coverage for the Gulf coast, and a great celebration for the people of New Orleans, keep them in your prayers and anything you can do to help just know they still need help

I am going to try to visit New Orleans for Mardi Gras this year to pump some money in their economy
Good work Playa!

L.A. Playa
09-26-2006, 10:15 AM
no, i didn't. But I also didn't miss hearing about all the people that bought season tickets even though they don't live there because they felt obligated to help out the area and support the team. And all the people that used their insurance money to pay for season tickets. Do you really think they will sell out again? Come on, the prices were drastically reduced temporarily. I don't see it lasting. Right now, they are just riding off the post-Katrina high. The fact remains that New Orleans is a mess and that they lost half their population and their economy isn't good. And it still looks very similiar to the pictures from last year. There's tons of work that needs to get done and it may never be the same. I'm glad for the people of New Orleans that they got to enjoy a good football game and get away, but I still don't think that they will be able to keep that team for the long haul. They right now would never come close to moving, but that wont stop Benson or a new owner from moving them to make money in 5-10 years.

Face it, we know this because our team and area faces the same problem. Let's pray it never happens. But again, I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

you are truely underestimating the heart and dedication of the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast to come back from devastation.

The NFL is about PR and they will do whatever it takes to keep a team there. The Saints appear to have a very good young HC and young exciting skill players this team is gonna improve over the next few years and be competitive as long as you have a winner you will have a team

Jeff1220
09-26-2006, 10:43 AM
It wouldn't surprise me that if the Saints do well enough this year, and stay in games, that we see quite a few sketchy calls go their way. It is now in the NFL's best interest for the Saints to do well, and I'm sure that they will help make it happen when they can.

Kerr
09-26-2006, 11:30 AM
How dare the nfl denounce god??