X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Film Break Down

I broke down last weeks first half. Here are the results.

Villareal (D-) Lots of missed blocks, could not get to the second level to get LB's on the zone block.

Reyes (D) Got blown up on a couple of important plays, gets pushed back too easily and does not extend his arms at the point of contact.

Gandy (D) Got beat three times around the corner, also does not do well at the point of contact, does not finish plays, allows pressure inside on passing plays

Peters (C+) Does well at the point of contact but does not finish plays, if he would follow through on his blocks he might dominate, his kick step is too steep and leads to him getting beat inside by the DE.

Fowler (A) Had a solid first half, pretty much flawless, got knocked back a couple times but recovered very well.

Losman (B) Had an all around good game, one fumble was his fault, one was on McGahee, overthrew a couple of balls that could have turned into big plays

McGahee (C) Simply stops his legs at the point of contact, is not a tough runner, gets tackled by one guy too often, horrible pass blocker.

Everett (F-) Two costly penalties, whiffed bad on one McGahee play that could have been big, might not make it if he keeps blocking like that.

Royal (C) For the most part good run blocker, needs to work on finishing plays.

That's the first half from my point of view. Have watched the game five times now! Just kills me because we had it. I think that we have a good OL but they need to just simply finish plays, too often they stop blocking after five yards and guys catch McGahee from behind.
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Film Break Down

I have to question why Everett is even active. He can't block, and they don't throw to him, so what's the point? I like the way Royal has played, and I'd like to see him thrown to more often.

As for the O-line ratings, I think you are being a tad harsh, considering they holes they were opening up for Willis for most of the day.

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
      I have to question why Everett is even active. He can't block, and they don't throw to him, so what's the point? I like the way Royal has played, and I'd like to see him thrown to more often.

As for the O-line ratings, I think you are being a tad harsh, considering they holes they were opening up for Willis for most of the day.
      Go back and watch the film. As soon as the holes opened they closed, mostly do to the fact that our guys do not extend, they "titty block" too much.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by gr8slayer
        Go back and watch the film. As soon as the holes opened they closed, mostly do to the fact that our guys do not extend, they "titty block" too much.
        All I'm saying is, Willis ran for 150 yards, Losman threw for 300, the line couldn't have been all D's and one A. I'd give them at least an avg of C+ for that game. Heck, it wasn't even the O-line's fault on the two fumbles.

Comment

• mysticsoto
          Too sober for this...
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral

I was just about to say the same thing. How can the Oline get such low ratings, when they were opening holes for McGahee the entire 1st half. Also, how can Fowler get an A when whenever it is 4th and short, he gets pushed back like a little girl? Overall, I'd probably give them a B- grade for good run blocking and adequate pass blocking. This was actually one of their better games...

McGahee gets a B. The missed block and general unreliableness on blocking puts him down or he'd have an A. I can't give him a C when he got over 100 yds in one half...c'mon now - that doesn't make any sense...

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

Hey, just my opinion. I thought the OL, for the most part looked very poor. Especially Villareal and Reyes.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto
              I was just about to say the same thing. How can the Oline get such low ratings, when they were opening holes for McGahee the entire 1st half. Also, how can Fowler get an A when whenever it is 4th and short, he gets pushed back like a little girl? Overall, I'd probably give them a B- grade for good run blocking and adequate pass blocking. This was actually one of their better games...

McGahee gets a B. The missed block and general unreliableness on blocking puts him down or he'd have an A. I can't give him a C when he got over 100 yds in one half...c'mon now - that doesn't make any sense...
              McGahee would have had 300 yards if he would just move his legs at the point of contact.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                • Aug 2003

Im worried that you have had the chance to watch the game 5 times since Sunday, do you coach with other members of teh zone ???

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Gotta go to school, be back later.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
                    I worried that you have had the chance to watch the game 5 times since Sunday, do you coach with other members of teh zone ???
                    Not at all but I am going to school to be a coach so I break down Bills film when I have nothing better to do. Good practice.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                      • Aug 2003

good luck with the school and im just joking with you

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
                        good luck with the school and im just joking with you
                        Thank you

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Jauron just addressed the lack of targets in the redzone. (wgr) He wants to use Royasl and Everrett more.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
                            Registered Fish
                            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            Jauron just addressed the lack of targets in the redzone. (wgr) He wants to use Royasl and Everrett more.
                            You can tell that the offense is still under development. They are having trouble finishing drives. It looked to me like the coaches didn't know what they wanted to do once the Bills got to the Jets 35 yard line. Questionable play calling on three consecutive drives. Its understandable given the changes during the off season.

As an observer, I think Bills fans should be encouraged by Losman's play in the Jets game. Overall he threw the ball well in tough conditions. They needed more points from the first 4 drives. They were in control of the game. The should have been winning at least 16-0. The 3rd and goal from the 1 in the 4th quarter was also a bad play call. 21-17 looks much better than 21-13 at that point. I hate play calls that depend on a player on the other team blowing an assignment. They should have lined up and had Willis smash it in from the 1.

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                              I broke down last weeks first half. Here are the results.

Villareal (D-) Lots of missed blocks, could not get to the second level to get LB's on the zone block.

Reyes (D) Got blown up on a couple of important plays, gets pushed back too easily and does not extend his arms at the point of contact.

Gandy (D) Got beat three times around the corner, also does not do well at the point of contact, does not finish plays, allows pressure inside on passing plays

Peters (C+) Does well at the point of contact but does not finish plays, if he would follow through on his blocks he might dominate, his kick step is too steep and leads to him getting beat inside by the DE.

Fowler (A) Had a solid first half, pretty much flawless, got knocked back a couple times but recovered very well.

Losman (B) Had an all around good game, one fumble was his fault, one was on McGahee, overthrew a couple of balls that could have turned into big plays

McGahee (C) Simply stops his legs at the point of contact, is not a tough runner, gets tackled by one guy too often, horrible pass blocker.

Everett (F-) Two costly penalties, whiffed bad on one McGahee play that could have been big, might not make it if he keeps blocking like that.

Royal (C) For the most part good run blocker, needs to work on finishing plays.

That's the first half from my point of view. Have watched the game five times now! Just kills me because we had it. I think that we have a good OL but they need to just simply finish plays, too often they stop blocking after five yards and guys catch McGahee from behind.
                              Outstanding review GR8

Comment

Working...
                              X