PDA

View Full Version : MOving on to the Vikes game

justasportsfan
09-26-2006, 10:42 AM
Homecoming for Winfield and Pat Williams.

Vikes D
total D - ranked 12
Passing- ranked 15
Rush- ranked 10

Bills D
Total D- ranked 11
Pass D- ranked 7
Rush - ranked 21

Vikes O
total O- ranked 18
pass O - 15
run O- 18

Bills O
total O - 22
pass O- 29
run O- 9

Pat Williams is gonna be expecting us to run Willis. It's gonna be a long day for our OL trying to open holes or containing Pat .

they are balanced offensively pass att - 93 rush -96

Smoot/Winfield vs. Evans/Parrish/Price/Reed

Clements/Mcgee vs. Williamson/Traylor

Will Mwelde Moore and JP shake hands after Mwelde called JP a slefish player in college? :idunno:

Kerr
09-26-2006, 10:49 AM
Which is why I expect the O to use the pass to set up the run. The vikings defensive line is tough to run on.

justasportsfan
09-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Which is why I expect the O to use the pass to set up the run. The vikings defensive line is tough to run on.
JP and our wr's are gonna have to step it up. Winfield ans Smoot are no slouches.

Evans can beat Winfiled with speed if they are matched up.

jamze132
09-26-2006, 11:46 AM
Well we could be 3-0 right now instead of 1-2. We really don't want to go 1-3 to start the season. At least we have been in every game thus far. The defense needs to step up and make a big play. Losman probably isn't going to thow for 300 yds a game and Willis probably won't run for 150 in every game.

And one more thing. Let's stop trying to be cute on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 plays. Just run the freakin' football down there throats.

Bottom line, to win you need to do the basic football stuff well and not try to reinvent the wheel.

ICE74129
09-26-2006, 11:51 AM
JP and our wr's are gonna have to step it up. Winfield ans Smoot are no slouches.

Evans can beat Winfiled with speed if they are matched up.

Smoot is an over rated punk. I would love to see him try to cover Evans or Parrish. It will be steve smith nightmares all over again LOL!

BILLSROCK1212
09-26-2006, 05:10 PM
yea Smoot can't guard quick WRs

Mitchy moo
09-26-2006, 05:12 PM
no he really can't.

patmoran2006
09-26-2006, 06:06 PM
This is a horrible matchup for Buffalo Sunday (I'd like to write more on this later).

- First off, I think we can ALL agree you aint gonna take the ball and smash it down Minny's throats running tackle to tackle. I would only be MILDLY surprised if Shaud Williams isnt activated this week to have a RB with a threat of speed to the outside. THis is going to be tough going for Willis this week.

- Which of course puts a lot more on the shoulders of JP. Without reliving details again, I think the JP you seen Sunday is the QB JP is.. He'll make great plays and really STUPID plays; often on the same drive. At the same token, ya gotta let the kid grow.

- Brad Johnson is a lot like Pennington and that doesnt bode well either. He's patient and has a slightly stronger arm.. He's also incredibly poised. However, they dont have a COles like Pennington has, though Minny has some "decent" WR's.

- CHester Taylor has the ability to hurt you as well.

This is a tough game man, tough game. And IM not saying the Bills cant win... Of course they can. But despite their loss Sunday, I still think at end of year Minny wins the NFC North.. They are REALLY balanced.

If the Bills are to compete and win, this coaching staff better devise one hell of a game plan and STICK to what's working- something they did in Miami and clearly DID NOT do against the Jets.

I have to get one ***** out.. It would be nice to see Royal, Everett or Price make a significant PLAY sometime this season.. I paid a lot of attention to Lee Evans at the Stadium Sunday.. this guy was getting gang banged by New York they had so many dudes on him. Someone better take some of the pressure off him (besides Parrish)