PDA

View Full Version : How do the bills beat the vikings?

Kerr
09-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Our old friends fat pat and winfield come back to b-lo with a pretty good defense. It may be tough to run on them right off the bat since they've got a D-line full of talent. My guess is that they'll start with the pass and allow the pass to set up the run. Winfield on Evans? Who wins the matchup? Should be a good one. The vikings seem to have a conservative offense as well. Brad Johnson's game is similar to Chad Penningtons-short game. They can't make the same mistakes they did with Pennington. Johnson is a very smart qb and doesn't make many mistakes very often.

:feedback:

L.A. Playa
09-26-2006, 10:48 AM
they score more points than the Vikings do

Kerr
09-26-2006, 10:50 AM
they score more points than the Vikings do

That was a short hiatus. :up:

L.A. Playa
09-26-2006, 10:51 AM
That was a short hiatus. :up:

Maintenance on the program I need to work on my project this morning so I have time to waste LOL

mybills
09-26-2006, 10:53 AM
Season ticket holders are just gonna have to be twice as loud as they were at the Jets game..

btw Miyagi, I got some good noise out of the seats for you! :up:

TacklingDummy
09-26-2006, 11:05 AM
Block Pat Williams, stop Chester Taylor, don't throw towards Winfield and no fumbles or INT on offense.

ICE74129
09-26-2006, 11:18 AM
Well its tough for a team to have no turnovers so that aside...

1) stop the run. They can run the ball well so far.
2) put pressure on johnson. He folds quickly when hit.
3) Throw at thier secondary. Winfields ass, they aren't that great.
4) keep their DL off of losman so he can throw the medium to deep routes.

The Vikes can be gutted like a catfish by JP if we give him time.

Gunzlingr
09-26-2006, 11:21 AM
According to the fans at purplepride.org, we are overrated, and they are going to blow us out.

RedEyE
09-26-2006, 11:31 AM
According to the fans at purplepride.org, we are overrated, and they are going to blow us out.

I'm trying to figure out how a team that everyone belittled in the offseason is now considered "overrated".

I think the Vikes will have their hands full in Buffalo. And their fans are over confident

Saratoga Slim
09-26-2006, 11:33 AM

Overrated? Who's giving the Bills a high ranking?

RedEyE
09-26-2006, 11:43 AM
The Vikes have one of the most immobile QBs in the league. Pressure, pressure, pressure. Hit 'em like Duante Culpepper stills plays there.

Gunzlingr
09-26-2006, 11:44 AM
Overrated? Who's giving the Bills a high ranking?

I'm trying to figure out how a team that everyone belittled in the offseason is now considered "overrated".

I think the Vikes will have their hands full in Buffalo. And their fans are over confident

That is why I thought it was funny. 1-2 and the bottom half of the league and we are overrated. Maybe they should look in the mirror.

ICE74129
09-26-2006, 11:53 AM

Over rated huh? Well Vikes fans are the biggest POS's in the NFL. I hope we blow their asses off the field

bflojohn
09-26-2006, 02:08 PM
My feeling is that the Bills need to get the Vikings out of the running game as quickly as possible. If the Vikings are leading or the game is close, I have a feeling that the D-line will wear down by the 4th quarter. It would help greatly if Takeo Spikes could join his teammates this weekend!

Stewie
09-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Brad Johnson is one hit away from social security

OpIv37
09-26-2006, 03:24 PM

good point- the ranking's I've seen today have us in the 20-25 range. How can we be overrated when everyone seems to think 500 would be a good season?

Buckets
09-26-2006, 03:49 PM
Have they had a boat tour of Buffalo Harbor? A nice FRENDLY tour?

:laughing:

HHURRICANE
09-26-2006, 04:00 PM
Well its tough for a team to have no turnovers so that aside...

1) stop the run. They can run the ball well so far.
2) put pressure on johnson. He folds quickly when hit.
3) Throw at thier secondary. Winfields ass, they aren't that great.
4) keep their DL off of losman so he can throw the medium to deep routes.

The Vikes can be gutted like a catfish by JP if we give him time.

Alright, have you watched them play? Winfield is still an excellent player and their secondary is not soft. And no we aren't going to "gut them like a catfish".

Their OL is excellent, so they are going to run Taylor all day. We will not stop their running game. I would play everyone on the line and hope to slow them down.

Johnson is not that accurate so pressure will help. I don't think we are going to get that much so we need to double/triple team Williamson. Taylor can catch as well so I would dedicate a player to him coming out of the backfield. If you shut down Williamson and Taylor you shut down their passing game.

We will need points early. I would actually start out with 3 and 4 receiver sets and hit the slants quick and often. We will not win a slug fest so early points is what we need.

Special teams. McGee needs to be big on returns and field position.

I think the Vikings will take us lightly so I'm hoping for a win. Childress has been luckier than good. Jauron should win the coaching battle.

Mitchy moo
09-26-2006, 04:30 PM
Hope that god doesn't open heavens wind/water on us when we are going on offense.

Slim
09-26-2006, 05:00 PM
pureplepride :rofl:

YardRat
09-26-2006, 05:01 PM
One turnover or less for the offense.
Two turnovers or more for the defense/ST's.
Limited penalties.
Better production in the red zone.
Limit Taylor, pressure Johnson.
A score from the defense or special teams would be nice. I think this is the week McGee or Parrish breaks one.