PDA

View Full Version : Roscoe Parrish

BILLSROCK1212
09-26-2006, 05:14 PM
If you were DJ, although it was just one game would you start Roscoe Parrish as our number two wider reciever. He deffinetly is looking good so far. I would give him a chance as a number two wide reciever to see what he really has. I think it would be an interesting experiment.

Mitchy moo
09-26-2006, 05:16 PM
I would try to get the ball in his hands as often as possible. He freaking tore down the middle of the field on his TD pass this weekend.

Slim
09-26-2006, 05:22 PM
Hes' to small and not strong enough to be a number two. But hes perfect for the slot beacuse at times he'll get coverage from LB's and Safties, and with his speed, he's at a total advantage.

SquishDaFish
09-26-2006, 05:54 PM
Keep him in the slot where he is doing good right now and just get him the ball more often.

Kerr
09-26-2006, 05:56 PM
Hes' to small and not strong enough to be a number two. But hes perfect for the slot beacuse at times he'll get coverage from LB's and Safties, and with his speed, he's at a total advantage.

He's not that much smaller than santana moss and randle el. A little lighter, but not as much.

OpIv37
09-26-2006, 06:34 PM
He's not that much smaller than santana moss and randle el. A little lighter, but not as much.

his size is an issue.

did you see the one punt return? The guy barely got him by the ankle and he couldn't break free- he easily had 10 yards, maybe 15, if he could have gotten that one guy off of him.

No doubt he has looked good in the receiving game and he has an excellent first move, but his size would definitely come into play if he's a bigger part of the offense.

patmoran2006
09-26-2006, 07:02 PM
Though Parrish is small like Smith and Moss, the difference is those two guys are remarkably compact and strong, while Roscoe is smaller and more fraile (in terms of body frame).

Parrish excels in open space, and the catch against the Jets is testament. But he's not a solid starter who can time and time again go over the middle and make the tough catch and take the punnishment like Smith and Moss can.

Not taking anything away from Parrish, he's doing very well at being used the way he is, and I hope it continues.. As a #3 in that slot, and especially in open space, he's as dangerous (if not more) than anyone on this team.

BAM
09-26-2006, 07:24 PM
His touchdown was the fastest run i've seen in the whole NFL so far this season. The kid F'in took off man!

Typ0
09-26-2006, 07:30 PM
I'd have to say this was a really good draft pick. He's doing exactly what he was designed to do. Just keep getting the ball in his hands. It's just a matter of time before he rips off a few TDs in the return game. He changes the game and he's in the right spot to do it right now.

OpIv37
09-26-2006, 08:08 PM
I'd have to say this was a really good draft pick. He's doing exactly what he was designed to do. Just keep getting the ball in his hands. It's just a matter of time before he rips off a few TDs in the return game. He changes the game and he's in the right spot to do it right now.

first he has to catch the ball. His hesitation on those two punts cost us some valuable field position against the Jets.

CuseJetsFan83
09-26-2006, 09:27 PM
Though Parrish is small like Smith and Moss, the difference is those two guys are remarkably compact and strong, while Roscoe is smaller and more fraile (in terms of body frame).

Parrish excels in open space, and the catch against the Jets is testament. But he's not a solid starter who can time and time again go over the middle and make the tough catch and take the punnishment like Smith and Moss can.

Not taking anything away from Parrish, he's doing very well at being used the way he is, and I hope it continues.. As a #3 in that slot, and especially in open space, he's as dangerous (if not more) than anyone on this team.

same thing he was at miami..... and that was playing with moss, and others

granted he is a smaller receiver, his run against the jets was proof enough he can hang....... sadly he is a burner receiver (fly/long post patterns).... he's not a middle of the field guy, and not a strong dink/dunk receiver

need some more spread plays that free roscoe up!

CuseJetsFan83
09-26-2006, 09:28 PM
first he has to catch the ball. His hesitation on those two punts cost us some valuable field position against the Jets.

it was half hesitation, and half the ball being controlled by the wind......
at least he wasn't pulling off some of those runs for negative yardage

Devin
09-26-2006, 09:48 PM

Good post.

Parrish can be a lethal return man and a solid #3 guy. While I love watching him play I cringe every time he gets the ball because I literally think one day we will see him torn in half on the field.

While he is a great player for us, he is strictly a role player.

mybills
09-27-2006, 07:45 AM
No. That is all.

Dr. Lecter
09-27-2006, 07:47 AM

I don't think he would have hesitated if it were not for the wind. The ball was moving all over the place.

justasportsfan
09-27-2006, 08:01 AM
his size is an issue.

did you see the one punt return? The guy barely got him by the ankle and he couldn't break free- he easily had 10 yards, maybe 15, if he could have gotten that one guy off of him.

No doubt he has looked good in the receiving game and he has an excellent first move, but his size would definitely come into play if he's a bigger part of the offense.

Did you see the miami game where he got hit and still ran for 8 yards after the hit? His evasiveness and being slippery makes up for his lack of size.

BTW, the A-train went down after 2 shoestring tackles against detroit. Same thing happened to Culp when Denny got him. So it happens to bigger players too. As a matter of fact, the bigger they are , the easier it is for them to go down via a shoe string tackle. Their footwork isn't as good as the smaller guys. So that ankle tackle was a bad example to use against Roscoe.

Kerr
09-27-2006, 09:24 AM
I still think parrish could be a starter in this league. It would be tough to bump him if they put him in motion most of the time. He's so quick he'd be hard to get hands on him. Just don't depend on him as a run blocker unless he goes for the legs of a defender.

njsue
09-27-2006, 09:59 AM
Parrish is a most definite threat. Pairing him up with Evans as a 1-2 set is great.

All they need is JP to get with the program. Once that happens all is good and well at One bills drive :)

ublinkwescore
09-27-2006, 10:22 AM
Did you see the miami game where he got hit and still ran for 8 yards after the hit? His evasiveness and being slippery makes up for his lack of size.

BTW, the A-train went down after 2 shoestring tackles against detroit. Same thing happened to Culp when Denny got him. So it happens to bigger players too. As a matter of fact, the bigger they are , the easier it is for them to go down via a shoe string tackle. Their footwork isn't as good as the smaller guys. So that ankle tackle was a bad example to use against Roscoe.

Shoestring tackling is textbook.

You get their feet, they're not going anywhere - it's not as glorious as the big hit that puts the ball carrier on his butt, but it's more effective IMO - the ball carrier sees you coming, his shoulders are getting low too and it's gonna be harder for you to knock him on his butt - he may knock you on yours and then keep going upfield for a bigger gain - that simply doesn't happen with a shoestring tackle because the only extra gain the ball carrier is getting is gonna be 2 yards because he's leaning forward.

CAbills
09-27-2006, 11:25 AM
We are seeing his skills in the passing game. Obviously that one run, but that deep sideline pass from JP was beautfiul. 3rd 25 and a simple Wide Out screen and he picks up 22 yards. He is going to be special for us he just needs to touch the ball.

Mr. Miyagi
09-27-2006, 11:35 AM
his size is an issue.
Tell that to Steve Smith and Santana Moss.

BAM
09-27-2006, 11:42 AM
:deadhorse:

OpIv37
09-27-2006, 12:03 PM
Tell that to Steve Smith and Santana Moss.

Nice selective quoting.

I saw it with my own eyes on the punt return.

and once again, you're using the exception to the rule. People here love to do that. They seem to forget that for every 5'8", 170lb receiver that's successful in the NFL, there are probably 150 WR's of similar stature that AREN'T successful.

justasportsfan
09-27-2006, 12:13 PM
Nice selective quoting.

I saw it with my own eyes on the punt return.

and once again, you're using the exception to the rule. People here love to do that. They seem to forget that for every 5'8", 170lb receiver that's successful in the NFL, there are probably 150 WR's of similar stature that AREN'T successful.If there's anyone being selective, it's you. You're worrying about the wrong thing.
D's are not saying " don't worry, Parrish is too small". So far , you're the only one worried about it. Teams are more worried about his ability to make plays. He's gonna be a marked man some time soon and it's not because of his size.

BTW, here's the punt return nos. http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/NFL/PR-PUNTRETURNS/2005/regular

lookslike he leads the league when it comes to anyone who's had 10 or more returns. If it wasn't so windy last Sunday, I have no doubt, Parrish and his size would've had better nos.

L.A. Playa
09-27-2006, 12:14 PM
would Roscoe look bigger if he had a number in the 80's ???

jamze132
09-27-2006, 12:33 PM
I really think the Bills need to keep him near the line of scrimage as an outlet valve for Losman when pressure is on. I don't know how many LB's are going to keep up with him stride for stride before the ball arrives. All the guy needs is one step and he can get positive yards everytime he touches the ball. How valuable would be on 3rd downs?