• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Roscoe Parrish

If you were DJ, although it was just one game would you start Roscoe Parrish as our number two wider reciever. He deffinetly is looking good so far. I would give him a chance as a number two wide reciever to see what he really has. I think it would be an interesting experiment.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Roscoe Parrish

I would try to get the ball in his hands as often as possible. He freaking tore down the middle of the field on his TD pass this weekend.

Comment

• Slim
      • Apr 2004

Hes' to small and not strong enough to be a number two. But hes perfect for the slot beacuse at times he'll get coverage from LB's and Safties, and with his speed, he's at a total advantage.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

Keep him in the slot where he is doing good right now and just get him the ball more often.

Comment

• Kerr
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by slimschmittie
          Hes' to small and not strong enough to be a number two. But hes perfect for the slot beacuse at times he'll get coverage from LB's and Safties, and with his speed, he's at a total advantage.

He's not that much smaller than santana moss and randle el. A little lighter, but not as much.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Kerr
            He's not that much smaller than santana moss and randle el. A little lighter, but not as much.

his size is an issue.

did you see the one punt return? The guy barely got him by the ankle and he couldn't break free- he easily had 10 yards, maybe 15, if he could have gotten that one guy off of him.

No doubt he has looked good in the receiving game and he has an excellent first move, but his size would definitely come into play if he's a bigger part of the offense.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Though Parrish is small like Smith and Moss, the difference is those two guys are remarkably compact and strong, while Roscoe is smaller and more fraile (in terms of body frame).

Parrish excels in open space, and the catch against the Jets is testament. But he's not a solid starter who can time and time again go over the middle and make the tough catch and take the punnishment like Smith and Moss can.

Not taking anything away from Parrish, he's doing very well at being used the way he is, and I hope it continues.. As a #3 in that slot, and especially in open space, he's as dangerous (if not more) than anyone on this team.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• BAM
                • Sep 2003

His touchdown was the fastest run i've seen in the whole NFL so far this season. The kid F'in took off man!

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

I'd have to say this was a really good draft pick. He's doing exactly what he was designed to do. Just keep getting the ball in his hands. It's just a matter of time before he rips off a few TDs in the return game. He changes the game and he's in the right spot to do it right now.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                    I'd have to say this was a really good draft pick. He's doing exactly what he was designed to do. Just keep getting the ball in his hands. It's just a matter of time before he rips off a few TDs in the return game. He changes the game and he's in the right spot to do it right now.
                    first he has to catch the ball. His hesitation on those two punts cost us some valuable field position against the Jets.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                      Closet Bills Fan
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      Though Parrish is small like Smith and Moss, the difference is those two guys are remarkably compact and strong, while Roscoe is smaller and more fraile (in terms of body frame).

Parrish excels in open space, and the catch against the Jets is testament. But he's not a solid starter who can time and time again go over the middle and make the tough catch and take the punnishment like Smith and Moss can.

Not taking anything away from Parrish, he's doing very well at being used the way he is, and I hope it continues.. As a #3 in that slot, and especially in open space, he's as dangerous (if not more) than anyone on this team.
                      same thing he was at miami..... and that was playing with moss, and others

granted he is a smaller receiver, his run against the jets was proof enough he can hang....... sadly he is a burner receiver (fly/long post patterns).... he's not a middle of the field guy, and not a strong dink/dunk receiver

need some more spread plays that free roscoe up!

j-e-t-s
                      jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• CuseJetsFan83
                        Closet Bills Fan
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        first he has to catch the ball. His hesitation on those two punts cost us some valuable field position against the Jets.
                        it was half hesitation, and half the ball being controlled by the wind......
                        at least he wasn't pulling off some of those runs for negative yardage

j-e-t-s
                        jets jets jets (insert suck for those who aren't gangreen fans)

Comment

• Devin
                          The Octagon
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006

Good post.

Parrish can be a lethal return man and a solid #3 guy. While I love watching him play I cringe every time he gets the ball because I literally think one day we will see him torn in half on the field.

While he is a great player for us, he is strictly a role player.
                          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• mybills
                            81 st zoner
                            • Jul 2002

No. That is all.
                            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              I don't think he would have hesitated if it were not for the wind. The ball was moving all over the place.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X