PDA

View Full Version : Willis leading the NFL in Rushing

patmoran2006
09-26-2006, 06:09 PM
Three games into the season.. All against tough divisional foes who know him well.

And Willis McGahee is leading the entire NFL in rushing. Not the team.. Not the AFC.. the entire NFL.

Is that good enough to shut some of the Willis haters in here up?

The guy has come to play this year.. and thats that. Its time to give credit where its due.

Typ0
09-26-2006, 06:11 PM
He should have picked up that block...and it's not the first time I have seen him slack when he wasn't getting the ball. I'm not a Willis hater but leading in rushing is not being a complete back.

patmoran2006
09-26-2006, 06:13 PM
I'm not saying he's a complete back.. I also dont think he's peaked. He is STILL a young player learning.

He's been far from perfect.. He also missed a block in the Miami game that almost got JP killed.

MY point is he's playing hard, and he's getting results.. and for some Willis haters on this board, there is no pleasing them. He's faster than last year, he runs harder than last year, and he's a better back out the backfield than last year..

Typ0
09-26-2006, 06:16 PM
I'm not saying he's a complete back.. I also dont think he's peaked. He is STILL a young player learning.

He's been far from perfect.. He also missed a block in the Miami game that almost got JP killed.

MY point is he's playing hard, and he's getting results.. and for some Willis haters on this board, there is no pleasing them. He's faster than last year, he runs harder than last year, and he's a better back out the backfield than last year..

I agree the Willis hate is not warranted. It's not just he's playing hard...he obviously worked very hard in the offseason to be ready this year. The guy has work ethic. What he's going to be remains to be seen though. Let's not forget there are only few backs who can take the punishment and really punish a defense for more than three or four seasons...and those backs play behind powerfull lines.

BillsNick
09-26-2006, 06:29 PM
Willis wouldn't be leading if Larry Johnson, and L T weren't on a bye this week.

patmoran2006
09-26-2006, 06:58 PM
The mere fact your mentioning him alongside LJ and LT is testament in itself.

Turf
09-26-2006, 07:05 PM
When Willis picks up the tough yards and clutch plays on third and fourth down I'll anoint him. I haven't seen it yet.

patmoran2006
09-26-2006, 07:08 PM
Maybe when our coaches stop calling JP rollouts on 3rd and 1 in the red zone and give him the ball you'll agree.

I'm not annointing him anything.. I simply said he's leading the league in rushing, he's running hard and there are plenty of teams in this league who wished they had him right now.

You guys will defend JP to the end of the earth, and you'll jump on Willis the first time he does something that isnt Elite back worthy.

Hypocritical.

Bling
09-26-2006, 07:12 PM
3 weeks in? You don't know where people stand till really week 6. Too early.

patmoran2006
09-26-2006, 07:17 PM
I just went over my words again, and at no point do I recall saying he's the best RB in the NFL.

I mentioned a FACT and the FACT is he's currently leading the NFL in rushing.

BAM
09-26-2006, 07:18 PM
Way to go Willis. Now if only he could get in the freeking endzone!

YardRat
09-26-2006, 08:11 PM
Its time to give credit where its due.

Congrats to the O-line for being the unit that fronts the leading rusher in the NFL after three weeks of the 2006 season.

Slim
09-26-2006, 08:17 PM
Way to go Willis. Now if only he could get in the freeking endzone!

I think he'll get in this week.

HAMMER
09-26-2006, 08:44 PM
Maybe when our coaches stop calling JP rollouts on 3rd and 1 in the red zone and give him the ball you'll agree.

I'm not annointing him anything.. I simply said he's leading the league in rushing, he's running hard and there are plenty of teams in this league who wished they had him right now.

You guys will defend JP to the end of the earth, and you'll jump on Willis the first time he does something that isnt Elite back worthy.

Hypocritical.

No, not hypocritical at all. JP never anointed himself the best QB in the NFL. If you want to be the best back you need to block, you need to catch, and you need to run hard. He is currently doing all but blocking, that is a huge component.

BILLSROCK1212
09-26-2006, 09:00 PM
wow i am shocked congrats Willis but keep it up

CuseJetsFan83
09-26-2006, 09:15 PM
first off LJ will be no where nears the top rusher so strike him off.........

it looks liek best rusher will be between LT, Willis, and willie parker...

willis i have liked what ive seen so far, but still no td's...... and i guess to some fans i was sitting near, they will take points over yardage anytime

L.A. Playa
09-26-2006, 09:44 PM
Willis wouldn't be leading if Larry Johnson, and L T weren't on a bye this week.

Willis is also leading in yards per game over LT and LJ

Mr. Cynical
09-27-2006, 12:31 AM

The guy has come to play this year.. and thats that. Its time to give credit where its due.

All well and good but I will bet cold hard cash he either asks for a trade/renegotation next year or plays out the final year and then leaves. He is simply not the type of player to stay in B'lo and the only reason he is here is because we took him when others passed.

So I just hope we have plans to grab a replacement next year...

CuseJetsFan83
09-27-2006, 12:35 AM
All well and good but I will bet cold hard cash he either asks for a trade/renegotation next year or plays out the final year and then leaves. He is simply not the type of player to stay in B'lo and the only reason he is here is because we took him when others passed.

So I just hope we have plans to grab a replacement next year...

sadly i feel the same way, especially like the jets were with lamont jordan........ and look how that screwed us over..... BILLS organization dont make the same mistake!!

Marvelous
09-27-2006, 03:35 AM
I'll give him credit for playing hard past the 2nd quarter but tehre's still something missing from his game..

--Oppinions palease.-- Why does he lack the vision to make anything once he gets upfield 7-12 yards?

-I'm sorta happy with his day againstteh Jets but McGahee lights it up yet it's the usual... All yards and no TD's... Something is still missing and it's important.. So who wants to be a stat hor and pretend there is no problem? Or, who wants to be a blind popular player lover and kick soem denial?

X-Era
09-27-2006, 06:32 AM
Three games into the season.. All against tough divisional foes who know him well.

And Willis McGahee is leading the entire NFL in rushing. Not the team.. Not the AFC.. the entire NFL.

Already made this post on Monday!!!!

Mitchy moo
09-27-2006, 06:44 AM
The endzone called Willis, it wants to see you again.