PDA

View Full Version : TO attempts suicide, or does he?

The King
09-27-2006, 08:52 AM
I know there is another TO thread about but ESPN just posted this article about TO's suicide attempt...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2604395

DALLAS -- Flamboyant Dallas Cowboys (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=dal) receiver Terrell Owens (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3664) attempted suicide by overdosing on pain medication, even putting two more pills into his mouth after fire rescue personnel arrived.

gr8slayer
09-27-2006, 08:54 AM
Oh I cant wait to hear from the morons around here about their savior now

LtBillsFan66
09-27-2006, 08:55 AM
I'm saddened.

ICE74129
09-27-2006, 08:55 AM
Oh I cant wait to hear from the morons around here about their savior now

This man needs some help.

gr8slayer
09-27-2006, 08:57 AM
He needs to go **** himself. I cant stand him. Hopefully this leads to his retirement.

Gunzlingr
09-27-2006, 08:59 AM
Too bad he failed.

Night Train
I figured reading a book would have been more lethal to him.

gr8slayer
Too bad he failed.
Seriously.

gr8slayer
I figured reading a book would have been more lethal to him.
That would require using his brain.

The King
09-27-2006, 09:01 AM
I dont buy it yet. I need to hear more.

gr8slayer
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/092706spoowens.1e22584a.html

justasportsfan
He's just trying to get more attention.

gr8slayer
09-27-2006, 09:02 AM
Im listening to it on the local news. I will update you if I hear anything.

gr8slayer
09-27-2006, 09:03 AM
They are saying that he told police that he was trying to harm himself.

gr8slayer
09-27-2006, 09:03 AM
Well this sucks for my fantasy roster.

The King
09-27-2006, 09:06 AM
He just doesnt seem like a suicide canidate.

Night Train
09-27-2006, 09:07 AM
Well this sucks for my fantasy roster.

" Hmm..lets see..Start,Bench or Suicide ? "

HAMMER
09-27-2006, 09:07 AM
What a bunch of heartless *****s, seriously.

justasportsfan
09-27-2006, 09:08 AM
this really blows. Last week whenever I wanted to watch NFL news, all I saw were replays of the TO interview over and over again. Now this!!! It's gonna be all over the radio stations and tv.

Anyone know if they're gonna be showing any reruns of "Saved by the bell"? That would be more interesting.

gr8slayer
09-27-2006, 09:10 AM
this really blows. Last week whenever I wanted to watch NFL news, all I saw were replays of the TO interview over and over again. Now this!!! It's gonna be all over the radio stations and tv.

Anyone know if they're gonna be showing any reruns of "Saved by the bell"? That would be more interesting.
I would rather watch the reruns.

Typ0
09-27-2006, 09:12 AM

in many cases a suicide attempt is turning a corner. Typically it indicates the person is finally ready to accept some help for the issues they have but they don't know where to turn or how to get it.

BillsFever21
09-27-2006, 09:14 AM
It's not proven yet he tried to kill himself.

If he had a bad reaction to the medicine he would obviously be dingy. He may have misunderstood the question. We don't know for sure just yet.

bigbub2352
09-27-2006, 09:14 AM
sounds like a cry for attention not help, i am not trying to be unsensative but 5 pills, he wouldnt even get a buzz, a cry for help is usually an actual attempt on you life, not calling your PUBLIsist and haveing her call 911 and the media at the same time

The King
09-27-2006, 09:15 AM
Exactly what I think.

Earthquake Enyart
09-27-2006, 09:15 AM
Drew Rosenhaus couldn't be reached for comment.

This story is an obvious lie.

Kerr
09-27-2006, 09:18 AM
If this is in fact true, I hope he gets the help he needs. As much as people hate him for his antics and attitude, he's good for the game of football. It's not like he's a dirty player(harrison, romo) or a drug trafficer, yet some people actually wished he succeeded? Some of you take this game too seriously.

gr8slayer
09-27-2006, 09:21 AM
It's not proven yet he tried to kill himself.

If he had a bad reaction to the medicine he would obviously be dingy. He may have misunderstood the question. We don't know for sure just yet.
According to local news he told police that he was trying to harm himself.

Cntrygal
09-27-2006, 09:22 AM
The only thing he probably was depressed about was Sims getting more press time than him.

gr8slayer
sounds like a cry for attention not help, i am not trying to be unsensative but 5 pills, he wouldnt even get a buzz, a cry for help is usually an actual attempt on you life, not calling your PUBLIsist and haveing her call 911 and the media at the same time
Local news is talking about 20 plus pills.

Dr. Lecter
What a bunch of heartless *****s, seriously.

No kidding.

I can't stand TO. I have never wanted him on the Bills.

But to wish he was successful is idiotic. I hope he gets the help he needs and solves his obvious issues.

gr8slayer
09-27-2006, 09:23 AM
No kidding.

I can't stand TO. I have never wanted him on the Bills.

But to wish he was successful is idiotic. I hope he gets the help he needs and solves his obvious issues.
You all are such model Americans. How can we be just like you.

Dr. Lecter
09-27-2006, 09:30 AM

Actually, you have been my hero for years.

You still in Texas?

gr8slayer
09-27-2006, 09:31 AM
Actually, you have been my hero for years.

You still in Texas?
Yeah unfortunately.

gr8slayer
09-27-2006, 09:32 AM
Trust me Im trying to get out of here, but I still have two more years of school.

bigbub2352
09-27-2006, 09:34 AM
the espn article said TO told the EMS people he took 5 and was trying to put 2 in his mouth, if it is 20 then it is a cry for help and he needs to retire, or go sse a psychiatrist to get the help he needs

gr8slayer
09-27-2006, 09:34 AM
the espn article said TO told the EMS people he took 5 and was trying to put 2 in his mouth, if it is 20 then it is a cry for help and he needs to retire, or go sse a psychiatrist to get the help he needs
Local news here in Dallas said twenty plus. Not saying they are right just reporting what I hear.

ajsdx
09-27-2006, 09:46 AM
They're reporting that TO told a woman "Etheridge," presumably his publicist, that he took 5 pills out of 40 BEFORE last night. Since his prescription bottle was empty when the EMTs arrived, that means he took 35. We don't know the exact number, but it seems like he took a hell of a lot -- they pumped his stomach.

ajsdx
09-27-2006, 09:46 AM
And even though I disliked TO before this incident, if he's trying to garner up some sympathy, it worked on me. I feel bad for him.

Forward_Lateral
09-27-2006, 09:49 AM
I'd bet all my ZBS that TO comes out of the closet.

HAMMER
09-27-2006, 09:50 AM

Model Americans? No. It is called compassion for other human beings, for another human life. I don't like the way TO behaves, but it has been obvious for years he has problems. This is definitely a cry for help, if he wanted to be dead he would have obtained a gun.

DynaPaul
09-27-2006, 10:52 AM
As much as I think TO is a talented *****, I feel bad for the guy. It's been obvious for a long time that he has emotional issues but taking it to the extreme with a suicide attempt shows that he's mentally got too much to handle and going through the downward spiral. Suicide is no laughing matter. Sure, if someone like Hitler bit a bullet a lot of us would be glad but we're talking about a football player here. The guy's job is to entertain and be in the spotlight and he's got more than he can handle right now. I think that a lot of his stunts with the Eagles last year showed that he was immature, misguided by a sneaky agent, poorly raised, and mainly was too embarassed to handle the situation or just didn't know how to like a regular person. Eventually these things just creep up on you, the things that you try to push into the back of your mind, and when they hit someday you may experience suicidal thoughts, panic attacks, or other mental conditions.

TO needs help right now and a full evaluation. Maybe in the end he'll get that help and take on life and football with a new attitude. What I'm saying now is that it isn't funny to mock him and he doesn't deserve to die whether by his own hand or someone else's.

Mitchy moo
09-27-2006, 11:04 AM
He has like $20 Million in the bank, kids and wants to kill himself? Sounds like a real selfish A-hole to me. Plan on J. Jones just kicking himself in the a** for bringing this idiot in.

BAM
09-27-2006, 11:25 AM
This is probably the end of T.O. in Dallas.

Let's sign him!

Mitchy moo
09-27-2006, 11:34 AM
T-alking
O-vermedicated

imbondz
09-27-2006, 11:46 AM
This is probably the end of T.O. in Dallas.

Let's sign him!

I couldn't agree more. We could be the team that finally saves TO!

I see no negatives, just pos's.

Ron Burgundy
09-27-2006, 11:57 AM
As much as I think TO is a talented *****, I feel bad for the guy. It's been obvious for a long time that he has emotional issues but taking it to the extreme with a suicide attempt shows that he's mentally got too much to handle and going through the downward spiral. Suicide is no laughing matter. Sure, if someone like Hitler bit a bullet a lot of us would be glad but we're talking about a football player here. The guy's job is to entertain and be in the spotlight and he's got more than he can handle right now. I think that a lot of his stunts with the Eagles last year showed that he was immature, misguided by a sneaky agent, poorly raised, and mainly was too embarassed to handle the situation or just didn't know how to like a regular person. Eventually these things just creep up on you, the things that you try to push into the back of your mind, and when they hit someday you may experience suicidal thoughts, panic attacks, or other mental conditions.

TO needs help right now and a full evaluation. Maybe in the end he'll get that help and take on life and football with a new attitude. What I'm saying now is that it isn't funny to mock him and he doesn't deserve to die whether by his own hand or someone else's.

+1, very nicely put.

SABURZFAN
09-27-2006, 12:02 PM
I dont buy it yet. I need to hear more.

sounds like a reaction with his supplements.

HHURRICANE
09-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Suicide is no laughing matter. Skooby, remember, the grass isn't always greener. There are many successful people with mental challenges. Matter-of-fact there is a higher rate with successful people because of their willingness to take on stress and their perfectionist qualities.

Maybe a prayer would be better at this point than criticism. Last I looked TO was a law abiding person with alot of talent.

L.A. Playa
09-27-2006, 12:08 PM
Deion turned around after he tried committing suicide hopefully this will turn out to be a positive for TO and he can turn his life around

justasportsfan
09-27-2006, 12:30 PM
Once he's cleared , he should join tour de france instead and give the french the finger.... once it's cleared too.

Mitchy moo
09-27-2006, 12:37 PM
Suicide is no laughing matter. Skooby, remember, the grass isn't always greener. There are many successful people with mental challenges. Matter-of-fact there is a higher rate with successful people because of their willingness to take on stress and their perfectionist qualities.

Maybe a prayer would be better at this point than criticism. Last I looked TO was a law abiding person with alot of talent.

This guy is rich, famous so should we all feel sorry for him? Give me a break. There are people waiting for the food drive from rich stadium to get fed this winter, let's cry for them not this overpaid basketcase.

L.A. Playa
09-27-2006, 12:38 PM
its amazing the lack of human compassion on this board

Mitchy moo
09-27-2006, 12:46 PM
its amazing the lack of human compassion on this board

La, I was just in Buffalo for the home opener. If you can beleive the headline, raw sewage is going right into the drinking water basically poisioning people. Should people that live in Buffalo worry about TO's problems or the poison's they ingest?

In all honesty it's a shame TO has issues but he has the money to solve them, Buffalo doesn't. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

L.A. Playa
09-27-2006, 12:51 PM
Skooby, with all due respect throwing money at a problem especially and emotional one does not solve the problem. TO has come off as an ass over the years, but he is a human being and we should have compassion for a fellow human that is sufferring in some way shape or fom that he decided to try to end his life.

I pray for the people of Buffalo and TO because anyone who is sufferring deserves our compassion and prayers and not a basic who gives a **** attitude

gr8slayer
09-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Just heard on local news

dplus47
09-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Skooby, with all due respect throwing money at a problem especially and emotional one does not solve the problem. TO has come off as an ass over the years, but he is a human being and we should have compassion for a fellow human that is sufferring in some way shape or fom that he decided to try to end his life.

I pray for the people of Buffalo and TO because anyone who is sufferring deserves our compassion and prayers and not a basic who gives a **** attitude

good post. i don't understand how caring about one person in need somehow takes away from caring about other people in need, as if there's a finite amount of caring we can do for one another.

Gunzlingr
09-27-2006, 12:59 PM
I think he just mixed up his HGH and Vicodin.

Mitchy moo
09-27-2006, 01:00 PM
I think he just mixed up his HGH and Vicodin.

easy mistake, lol. :respect:

dolphan117
09-27-2006, 01:00 PM
As much as I disdain TO no one deserves to be so screewed up that killing themselves looks like a good idea. Hopfully he will get the help that he needs... Although I guess that would lead to endless stories about TO's fearless recovery.

HHURRICANE
09-27-2006, 01:02 PM

I pray for the people of Buffalo and TO because anyone who is sufferring deserves our compassion and prayers and not a basic who gives a **** attitude:posrep:

Mitchy moo
09-27-2006, 01:02 PM
As much as I disdain TO no one deserves to be so screewed up that killing themselves looks like a good idea. Hopfully he will get the help that he needs... Although I guess that would lead to endless stories about TO's fearless recovery.

That's a real issue we'll never stop hearing about but if it deflects praise away from Bruschi it maybe for the better.

Dr. Lecter
09-27-2006, 01:05 PM
A guy could have died. The guy is a ***** and complete and utter jackass. But he could have died. This is not like OJ croaking. Or somebody else that has harmed others. This is a loud-mouth, arrogant ***** who has never actually harmed anybody.

Show a little compassion.

mybills
09-27-2006, 01:42 PM
I still don't believe it.

mybills
09-27-2006, 01:46 PM
Owens left the hospital late Wednesday morning, giving reporters a "thumbs up" but making no comment as he was driven away in an SUV.

If he really wanted to kill himself, wouldn't he give the reporters the finger instead of a thumb?

justasportsfan
09-27-2006, 02:10 PM
A guy could have died. The guy is a ***** and complete and utter jackass. But he could have died. This is not like OJ croaking. Or somebody else that has harmed others. This is a loud-mouth, arrogant ***** who has never actually harmed anybody.

Show a little compassion.
none of the reports stated he could've died. He might be doing this for attention and given his past for being an attention whore, I won't be surprised. Right now, no shrink has even said he has psychological issues. If he indeed does, we'll see if he will be admitted to a psych ward the next few days. No one under a suicide watch get's to go home or practice.

Ron Burgundy
09-27-2006, 02:16 PM
If you pop that many pills, you're not ****ing around.

Gunzlingr
09-27-2006, 02:36 PM
any news?

ICE74129
09-27-2006, 02:37 PM
No offense but who cares about the punk. I am sick of everyone giving this ass the press he craves.

Mitchy moo
09-27-2006, 02:37 PM
I'm drugged and tired, I have been up all night. He also will end up putting his foot in his mouth and be in denial, the first step in recovery.

Mitchy moo
09-27-2006, 02:39 PM
T.O. is going to make headlines for every action he takes, lets combine all the threads and T.O. related material right in here, thanks.

Michael82
09-27-2006, 02:41 PM
how long until Kim Etheredge gets fired? :snicker:

Mitchy moo
09-27-2006, 02:43 PM
how long until Kim Etheredge gets fired? :snicker:

At least she can sing.

Mitchy moo
09-27-2006, 02:44 PM
Dallas Cowboys star Terrell Owens says "there was no suicide attempt" when he took pills that left him hospitalized.

http://us.cnn.com/

It's breaking news on top.

Novacane
09-27-2006, 02:55 PM
Big attention getting scam and once again the media falls for it

Michael82
09-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Big attention getting scam and once again the media falls for it
I was thinking the same thing the whole time. If that is true, then TO is even more of a piece of **** than I thought. :ill:

Mitchy moo
09-27-2006, 03:03 PM
Lets give him some sympathy, :crack:

Night Train
09-27-2006, 03:41 PM
I was thinking the same thing the whole time. If that is true, then TO is even more of a piece of **** than I thought. :ill:

Spot on.

The_Philster
09-27-2006, 05:14 PM
I don't wish him dead by any means, but I find it hard to feel sorry for him

if it's actually true, what would cause him to be that depressed other than the way he's viewed by the public...and that's all because of what an arrogant loudmouthed idiot he is. No one forced him to blast his teammates and slander them in the media
I think it's all a hoax for attention

dplus47
09-27-2006, 05:20 PM
I don't wish him dead by any means, but I find it hard to feel sorry for him
if it's actually true, what would cause him to be that depressed other than the way he's viewed by the public...and that's all because of what an arrogant loudmouthed idiot he is. No one forced him to blast his teammates and slander them in the media
I think it's all a hoax for attention

1. i think you may not get what depression is all about. it is usually due to internal factors that end up manifesting themselves in behavior, rather than the other way around.

2. i don't understand this angle, but i've seen it repeated here many times. does this mean: he took enough pills to be hospitalized just because he wanted attention? that could be a sign of depression, but it's not the sign of a hoax perpetrated to advance someone's celebrity.

or does it mean: he caused someone in the dallas PD to leak the report while he was unconscious? we don't have to like all the stories about TO, but keep in mind: if TO did something outrageous and nobody reported on it, did it really happen? the media are desperate for TO stories. sometimes they get carried away. like today.

The_Philster
09-27-2006, 05:28 PM
1. I get what depression is about...believe me..if it's indeed true that he attempted suicide, a cause could be that he hates himself for the way the public sees him
2. TO has a history of doing stupid things for attention. Nothing would surprise me out of him

PhinsFan66
09-27-2006, 05:34 PM
Another publicity stunt by TO. :clap:

Thurman34
09-27-2006, 06:20 PM
New member here,whats up fellows. I think TO is just trying to gain some sympathy. He has been hammered over the past year,now he wants ppl to feel sorry for him

CuseJetsFan83
09-27-2006, 06:40 PM
http://www.syracuse.com/jshear/to_report.jpg

http://www.syracuse.com/weblogs/cnysports/

http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/img/09-06/0927toreport2.pdf

doomsdayvirus
09-27-2006, 08:54 PM
He has like $20 Million in the bank, kids and wants to kill himself? Sounds like a real selfish A-hole to me. Plan on J. Jones just kicking himself in the a** for bringing this idiot in.

money isn't everything son.