X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Wow , we suck

WILLIS IN THE RED ZONE: In writing the latest story on Buffalo's need to boost their red zone efficiency I crunched some numbers on Willis' production in the red zone since his last red zone touchdown run on 12/17/05 against Denver.

Since that one-yard touchdown run, he has had 22 red zone carries in the five games since (2 last year, 3 this year). 14 of those 22 red zone carries have been in goal-to-go situations. And six of those 14 goal-to-go carries (42.8%) have gone for no gain or a loss.

Before you descend into a panic you should know that none of those carries for loss or no gain occurred in the first three games this season. They all took place in the last two games last season.

Thus far this season he’s had six red zone carries, three of which took place in goal-to-go situations. Only one has gone for no gain. And that wasn't a goal-to-go carry.

Anthony Thomas has had four red zone carries that went for 18 (TD), -4, 2 and 1 yard.

Things need to improve. I don’t think we’ve seen Buffalo at its most efficient in the red zone on offense or defense. But they’re best better be right around the corner with Chicago coming up on the schedule. Their offense and defense are off to roaring starts. Not to overlook Minnesota either. Fortunately the Vikings are banged up on defense a bit.

And let's not forget either that Willis is the leading rusher in the league right now through the first three weeks.

-------------------------------------------------------

If we can't run a TD in the first half this weekend, forget our rbs. Let JP run it in with Parrish lead blocking for him .
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • pintonick96
    You guys are all nerds. Just give me team updates and STFU.
    • Aug 2005

Re: Wow , we suck

We still need to put A-Train in on red zone while Willis is our workhorse.

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pintonick96
      We still need to put A-Train in on red zone while Willis is our workhorse.
      I agree with this. 1-2 punch all the way.

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

We just need to put in Jesus Holcomb and we will win everytime. EVERYTIME.

Comment

Working...
        X