PDA

View Full Version : Bills kind of blew it!

HHURRICANE
09-27-2006, 09:33 AM
Now we are faced with a must win against the Vikings. We are favored by 1 point at home. I really believe we are the underdog. If we don't win this game we will officially be in last place having to go on the road to face Chicago next week.

After this weekend:

NE 2-2 With a loss to Cincy.
Jets 2-2 With a loss to Indy.
Miami 2-2 With a win against the Texans

In fairness I never expected the Bills to be a playoff team but our division is really bad so we need to stay in the race. Every team is beatable and NE is far from a lock. The coaches need to makeup for the game we gave the Jets.

gr8slayer
09-27-2006, 09:34 AM
Kind of? Just blame Losman, that's the easiest thing for everyone to do.

HHURRICANE
09-27-2006, 09:40 AM

Although Losman made his mistakes the coaches have most of the blame. The media is backing my opinion as well.

I don't understand how they did such a good job of managing JP in Maimi only to put him in harms way at home. The slants were there all day. I think we were over confident after the way we started and we underestimated our opponent.

Typ0
09-27-2006, 09:42 AM
these are just the kind of lumps a team is going to take on the way to being good. I think we could be good. A good team would be 3 - 0 right now. We aren't that good...but as we've played it looks like we may be on the cusp of being good.

Forward_Lateral
09-27-2006, 09:50 AM
What? How can Buffalo be favored? I was expecting The Bills to be at least 3.5 point dogs.

RedEyE
09-27-2006, 09:52 AM
Let's face facts people, Losman is young and it we all knew that he was going to make mistakes coming into this season. The media knew it, the coaches knew it, the fans knew it and most of all JP knew it.

BUT

The kid has come in and did more than what was expected of him for 3 straight games. He makes a mistake or two and everyone jumps down his throat. Where's the suprise people?

Just give it time. QBs just don't walk into this league set and poised to win the Lombardi. Progress takes time and IMO, Losman has advanced 10 fold from last season. I'm proud of his progress and I see great ability in him becoming a decent QB in Buffalo.

The coaches have to loosen the reigns in order to continue JP's progress. With that freedom also comes choice, some of his choices are NOT going to be ideal, and less then perfect. He is learning from his mistakes and has shown that he can mature from past experience. The coaching staf understands this and will continue to tighten and loosen as the season continues until Losman and the coaching staff are confident enough to release him to his own abilities.

HHURRICANE
09-27-2006, 09:53 AM
these are just the kind of lumps a team is going to take on the way to being good. I think we could be good. A good team would be 3 - 0 right now. We aren't that good...but as we've played it looks like we may be on the cusp of being good.

You are probably right. Patience is a virtue. I remember watching the '87 Bills team. Very similar. The Bills would lose games that you would just shake your head over. You knew they were better but just couldn't pull it out. I think this team will be in very good place this same time next year.

I hope our OL looks alot different. Peters and Fowler will probably be the only starters after this year. This should change things immensely. I hope we still have a running back.

jmb1099
09-27-2006, 03:33 PM
It will be interestng to see how the next game plan is played out. If Losman can continue to throw for 220-300 yards than the season will be interesting to say the least.

dplus47
09-27-2006, 04:02 PM
What? How can Buffalo be favored? I was expecting The Bills to be at least 3.5 point dogs.

you'd have to ask somebody who bets a lot, but i think you get 3.5 automatically for being the home team, so you're not really favored if you're at home and the line is less than 3.5.

did that make any sense?

BAM
09-27-2006, 04:07 PM
Bills REALLY blew it. There's no excuse for us not being 2-1 right now. 3-0 even. What a rough start.

X-Era
09-27-2006, 04:52 PM

Screw you guys, Im going home.

Had to go there with that avatar

The_Philster
09-27-2006, 04:57 PM
You get 3 points for being at home

X-Era
09-27-2006, 05:01 PM
Now we are faced with a must win against the Vikings. We are favored by 1 point at home. I really believe we are the underdog. If we don't win this game we will officially be in last place having to go on the road to face Chicago next week.

After this weekend:

NE 2-2 With a loss to Cincy.
Jets 2-2 With a loss to Indy.
Miami 2-2 With a win against the Texans

In fairness I never expected the Bills to be a playoff team but our division is really bad so we need to stay in the race. Every team is beatable and NE is far from a lock. The coaches need to makeup for the game we gave the Jets.

Agreed, this game is very important, but they all are.

Id love to win this one and be tied with everyone else. Yes, Cincy blast NE. Yes, Jets get blasted by the Colts. Not so sure the Texans dont beat the clown Fins.