#1 problem with the offense...Still not enough TE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

#1 problem with the offense...Still not enough TE!

The TE MUST be a main target in this offense and not an afterthought/ Checkdown. Jim Kelly was HUGE on hitting the TE's. You force the Defense to defend every person and provides a quick outlet for JP.

I like royal but I really think we need an upgrade there to a true threat
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: #1 problem with the offense...Still not enough TE!

I tend to agree. Royal and everett have been invisible. Royal only had a catch for 20+ yards in the last game. We need to see more of that.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

not enough TD.... Touchdowns.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MBBedard
        not enough TD.... Touchdowns.
        More TE = More TD. WOOOOOO!!

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

D comes before E
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• DynaPaul
            • Sep 2003

I was thinking more cowbell personally.

Comment

• Coach Sal
              • Aug 2006

Players that I'm extremely high on going into this year.. I think they are going to have very good years: Angelo Crowell (could be the best LB on this team by year's end) Roscoe Parrish (say bye bye to Price by week six) Lee Evans (ready to step up) Robert Royal (underrated) Kyle Williams (steal of draft) Ko Simpson (he'll be

Fourth resopnse in the post (the one about Royal).

They are what they are. This won't change.
              Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
              And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• bills_7
                TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
                • Mar 2004

in training camp it seemed like losman was always throwing to royal.. anyone else notice this?

Comment

• bigbub2352
                  • Feb 2005

I think it has to do with max protection, i think they are leaving the TE to pass block because our Oline sucks, especially Gandy, Royal has not been given the oppurtunity and Everett has not even had a ball thrown to him, Steve Fairchild needs to wake up all the top teams use their TE's we havent in 5 years dont u think teams around the NFL know this, that is why are WR are so easily double teamed tthey keep and LB on the TE and that is it, they have to creat a threat in order to spread out the passing game,
                  XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                    I think it has to do with max protection, i think they are leaving the TE to pass block because our Oline sucks, especially Gandy, Royal has not been given the oppurtunity and Everett has not even had a ball thrown to him, Steve Fairchild needs to wake up all the top teams use their TE's we havent in 5 years dont u think teams around the NFL know this, that is why are WR are so easily double teamed tthey keep and LB on the TE and that is it, they have to creat a threat in order to spread out the passing game,

Bigbub you are becoming one of my favorite posters!! Right on the money!!We don't need better TEs we just need to use them. And Yes Royal is helping out alot on blocking!!

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

If we even hinted at using the TE, it would open up som many more ooportunities for the receivers, mainly Evans who has been double teamed just about every snap. If McGahee can play every game similar to the one he had Sunday, it will also take pressure of of Evans.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                        • Feb 2005

Another thing is it was shocking to me that the TE hasnt been used like other teams in that we have a young inexperienced QB to have short throws set up and have them as a saftey valve for when the rush is getting hot, this is what made the TE effective in the first place, Very weird to me there are no set plays like this, as well as how much they used Robert Royal in the preaseason and then not use him at all in the regular season in my opion that is poor coaching
                        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DevilPaul
                          I was thinking more cowbell personally.
                          I was wondering how long that would take LOL

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                            yeah but you slip that TE out for quick hitters and they will stop blitzing so much

Comment

Working...
                            X