PDA

View Full Version : #1 problem with the offense...Still not enough TE!

ICE74129
09-27-2006, 10:24 AM
The TE MUST be a main target in this offense and not an afterthought/ Checkdown. Jim Kelly was HUGE on hitting the TE's. You force the Defense to defend every person and provides a quick outlet for JP.

I like royal but I really think we need an upgrade there to a true threat

Kerr
09-27-2006, 10:26 AM
I tend to agree. Royal and everett have been invisible. Royal only had a catch for 20+ yards in the last game. We need to see more of that.

The King
09-27-2006, 10:30 AM
not enough TD.... Touchdowns.

ICE74129
09-27-2006, 10:30 AM
not enough TD.... Touchdowns. More TE = More TD. WOOOOOO!!

The King
09-27-2006, 10:35 AM
D comes before E

DynaPaul
09-27-2006, 10:54 AM
I was thinking more cowbell personally.

Coach Sal
09-27-2006, 11:07 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=1627830&postcount=20

Fourth resopnse in the post (the one about Royal).

They are what they are. This won't change.

bills_7
09-27-2006, 12:03 PM
in training camp it seemed like losman was always throwing to royal.. anyone else notice this?

bigbub2352
09-27-2006, 12:07 PM
I think it has to do with max protection, i think they are leaving the TE to pass block because our Oline sucks, especially Gandy, Royal has not been given the oppurtunity and Everett has not even had a ball thrown to him, Steve Fairchild needs to wake up all the top teams use their TE's we havent in 5 years dont u think teams around the NFL know this, that is why are WR are so easily double teamed tthey keep and LB on the TE and that is it, they have to creat a threat in order to spread out the passing game,

HHURRICANE
09-27-2006, 12:18 PM
I think it has to do with max protection, i think they are leaving the TE to pass block because our Oline sucks, especially Gandy, Royal has not been given the oppurtunity and Everett has not even had a ball thrown to him, Steve Fairchild needs to wake up all the top teams use their TE's we havent in 5 years dont u think teams around the NFL know this, that is why are WR are so easily double teamed tthey keep and LB on the TE and that is it, they have to creat a threat in order to spread out the passing game,:posrep:

Bigbub you are becoming one of my favorite posters!! Right on the money!!We don't need better TEs we just need to use them. And Yes Royal is helping out alot on blocking!!

jamze132
09-27-2006, 12:29 PM
If we even hinted at using the TE, it would open up som many more ooportunities for the receivers, mainly Evans who has been double teamed just about every snap. If McGahee can play every game similar to the one he had Sunday, it will also take pressure of of Evans.

bigbub2352
09-27-2006, 02:17 PM
Another thing is it was shocking to me that the TE hasnt been used like other teams in that we have a young inexperienced QB to have short throws set up and have them as a saftey valve for when the rush is getting hot, this is what made the TE effective in the first place, Very weird to me there are no set plays like this, as well as how much they used Robert Royal in the preaseason and then not use him at all in the regular season in my opion that is poor coaching

ICE74129
09-27-2006, 02:30 PM
I was thinking more cowbell personally. I was wondering how long that would take LOL :dance:

ICE74129
09-27-2006, 02:31 PM
I think it has to do with max protection, i think they are leaving the TE to pass block because our Oline sucks, especially Gandy, Royal has not been given the oppurtunity and Everett has not even had a ball thrown to him, Steve Fairchild needs to wake up all the top teams use their TE's we havent in 5 years dont u think teams around the NFL know this, that is why are WR are so easily double teamed tthey keep and LB on the TE and that is it, they have to creat a threat in order to spread out the passing game,

yeah but you slip that TE out for quick hitters and they will stop blitzing so much