PDA

View Full Version : Bills will lose on Sunday...again.

HHURRICANE
09-27-2006, 12:38 PM
I have a really bad cold so tommorrow I may regret this thread but we are poorly matched in this game. I am looking over my bets and this game is just plain standing out. If I wasn't a huge Bills fan this would be one of my locks of the week.

The Vikings have an awesome OL. One of the best in the league. They will be able to pound the ball on us. This will open up the pass and they will be efficient because Johnson will have time. They can control the clock and where down our D just like last week.

That Miami win had us all snowed a little bit. We really could be 2-5 at the break although I think we can beat NE so 3-4.

Tell me why I'm wrong here because I hope I am.

Saratoga Slim
09-27-2006, 01:02 PM
I have a really bad cold so tommorrow I may regret this thread but we are poorly matched in this game. I am looking over my bets and this game is just plain standing out. If I wasn't a huge Bills fan this would be one of my locks of the week.

The Vikings have an awesome OL. One of the best in the league. They will be able to pound the ball on us. This will open up the pass and they will be efficient because Johnson will have time. They can control the clock and where down our D just like last week.

That Miami win had us all snowed a little bit. We really could be 2-5 at the break although I think we can beat NE so 3-4.

Tell me why I'm wrong here because I hope I am.

Minny has a great offensive line, but is only averaging a little over 100 yards rushing a game, which is not embarrassing but is certainly not dominant. However, they've played Chicago, Carolina, and Washington, each of whom is pretty tight against the run, so its hard to tell how formidable the Vikes are on the ground. They don't have much in the way of scary playmakers at the offensive skill positions, and thus I don't see them breaking many big plays. Even if they do mount some long drives and control the clock with a solid rushing day, I don't think they're going to put a ton of points on the board. I think if we can score 25 points we win it.

Childress has the Vikings playing some hard-nosed football, what a change from the last regime. It's no gimme, that's for sure. Put me down for nervous, but not terrified.

bflojohn
09-27-2006, 01:12 PM
Somebody needs to contact the NFL offices and just have this game cancelled! Maybe the Bills see the "handwriting on the wall" too, and will decide to concede this obviously one-sided event from EVER happening!! Man, better yet, you've saved me from 3 hours of total oblivion. THANKS!!

gr8slayer
09-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Dont let the sky hit you! All we need is Kelly Holcomb man, he will lead us to the promised land, Kelly Bruschi = GOD

HHURRICANE
09-27-2006, 01:22 PM
Somebody needs to contact the NFL offices and just have this game cancelled! Maybe the Bills see the "handwriting on the wall" too, and will decide to concede this obviously one-sided event from EVER happening!! Man, better yet, you've saved me from 3 hours of total oblivion. THANKS!!

Hey, instead of thinking up creative ways to be negative why don't you tell me why we win on Sunday.

HHURRICANE
09-27-2006, 01:30 PM
Minny has a great offensive line, but is only averaging a little over 100 yards rushing a game, which is not embarrassing but is certainly not dominant. However, they've played Chicago, Carolina, and Washington, each of whom is pretty tight against the run, so its hard to tell how formidable the Vikes are on the ground. They don't have much in the way of scary playmakers at the offensive skill positions, and thus I don't see them breaking many big plays. Even if they do mount some long drives and control the clock with a solid rushing day, I don't think they're going to put a ton of points on the board. I think if we can score 25 points we win it.

Childress has the Vikings playing some hard-nosed football, what a change from the last regime. It's no gimme, that's for sure. Put me down for nervous, but not terrified.

Thanks for the intelligent post. Two points. First, Minnesota ran for 113 yards against Carolina. We by far have one of the worst run D's in the league. Second, with the excpetion of one pre-season game, we have yet to score more than 20 points this year. So scroing 25 points is a big if!!

Earthquake Enyart
09-27-2006, 01:38 PM
If we can't beat a crappy team like the Jets at home, no way will we beat the Vikings.

bflojohn
09-27-2006, 01:46 PM
OK, cyclonic wind, I'll give it a go.... The Bills need to establish the run and that will be tough, however, the screen could be a good tool to use this week because the Vikings are quick to get after the QB. It might also be wise to incorporate Robert Royal into the game plan as a safety valve option for JPL. I watched Antoine Winfield enough to know that he CAN be beat deep... so sending some routes down-field would be good to see! On defense, a boost would be a healthy Takeo Spikes, but in the event he is STILL not completely healed yet, the Bills really have to get an early lead (the bigger, the better) to get the Vikes out of their run mode. If the Bills, who generally start fast anyways, capitalize on a Jets- like 1st quarter ( but scoring on their chances) then they can dictate with a swarming "D" that gets after Brad Johnson. As a young team, the Bills need to learn to capitilize on mommentum and a go for the throat mentality. If they'd have had that in these first three games, they very well may have been 3-0! Oh, and by the way, I don't know about winning on Sunday, I'm only hoping like you!!!

HHURRICANE
09-27-2006, 01:56 PM
the screen could be a good tool to use this week because the Vikings are quick to get after the QB. It might also be wise to incorporate Robert Royal into the game plan as a safety valve option for JPL. I watched Antoine Winfield enough to know that he CAN be beat deep... so sending some routes down-field would be good to see! On defense, a boost would be a healthy Takeo Spikes, but in the event he is STILL not completely healed yet, the Bills really have to get an early lead (the bigger, the better) to get the Vikes out of their run mode. If the Bills, who generally start fast anyways, capitalize on a Jets- like 1st quarter ( but scoring on their chances) then they can dictate with a swarming "D" that gets after Brad Johnson. As a young team, the Bills need to learn to capitilize on mommentum and a go for the throat mentality. If they'd have had that in these first three games, they very well may have been 3-0! Oh, and by the way, I don't know about winning on Sunday, I'm only hoping like you!!!

I agree on the early lead. I posted this already and said that we can't win a "slugfest". I also agree that they are vulnerable deep but that requires pass protection which has been non-existant on the deep ball. It cost us 2 turnovers against the Jets. This is where I disagree. Since we have yet to use our TE's in any meaningful way other than blocking I don't see that changing. The screen pass isn't being utilized because we can't buy enough time on regular passing downs. So why is anyone going to bite on something that isn't happeneing? Pittsburgh uses the screen pass to perfection because their OL is so good and they can get the D to bite on the pass. We can't.