PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else ticked at TKO?

X-Era
09-27-2006, 05:55 PM
We need our players to be playing.

He is supposed to be our best player on this team and yet hes questionable AGAIN with a hammy.

TKO at even 70% is better than Ellison.

TKO hasnt played an entire game in a LONG time for this team. Its starting to be a real cause for concern, we are too short on playmakers already and our best player at one of the positions where players play hurt the most often is on the sidleines.

Carlton Bailey
09-27-2006, 05:56 PM
I'm frustrated but not necessarily ticked at him. If he isn't ready to go by the Chicago game, I might get a little heated.

Mudflap1
09-27-2006, 05:58 PM

He is supposed to be our best player on this team and yet hes questionable AGAIN with a hammy.

TKO hasnt played an entire game in a LONG time for this team. Its starting to be a real cause for concern, we are too short on playmakers already and our best player at one of the positions where players play hurt the most often is on the sidleines.

If you pulled your hamstring fairly badly, I'd like to see how fast you'd be up and ready to play an NFL game...

Jon

Bufftp
09-27-2006, 06:00 PM
A Hammy injury is tough and tricky. I am sure TKO will play when he is ready. And hopefully not before. If he plays before he is ready we will most likely have him for a quarter or two, then lose him for the rest of season.

The_Philster
09-27-2006, 06:00 PM
If you pulled your hamstring fairly badly, I'd like to see how fast you'd be up and ready to play an NFL game...

Jon
Well said, Andre Reed was out for a long time in 95 with a hamstring injury. I was frustrated waiting for him to come back. He came back when he wasn't even completely ready and honestly, wasn't a help at all in that game...may have been a hindrance. TKO's gotta be ready before coming back

dplus47
09-27-2006, 06:12 PM
if y'all are looking to run him out of town, i'm sure a lot of other teams would be interested. i agree with the "frustrated, not pissed" people on this one. a guy with a bad hammy is a liability on a D that focuses on flying to the ball.

Typ0
09-27-2006, 06:15 PM
yeah I'm really ticket at him for being hurt...NOT.

DynaPaul
09-27-2006, 06:31 PM
I'm annoyed that he's been runnning his mouth. He needs to pipe down, get on the field, and make some big plays for us.

Typ0
09-27-2006, 06:41 PM
somehow he got sucked into moving to buffalo and playing on this crappy football team...and if he was still in Cincy they probably would have won the SB by now. I don't think he's the one that hasn't delivered even though he's been injured for the last chunck of games.

Dozerdog
09-27-2006, 07:11 PM

TKO hasnt played an entire game in a LONG time for this team. Its starting to be a real cause for concern, we are too short on playmakers already and our best player at one of the positions where players play hurt the most often is on the sidleines.:rofl: Yeah- I almost wanted to kill him with the achillies injury.

DUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..............................

Nighthawk
09-27-2006, 07:14 PM
Not pissed at him, but I am frustrated and wish he was out there. However, what can you do...he's hurt.

Dr. Lecter
09-27-2006, 07:55 PM
I'm annoyed that he's been runnning his mouth. He needs to pipe down, get on the field, and make some big plays for us.

When has he ran his mouth? And don't even try to use the heat of the moment Vincent thing.

SABURZFAN
09-27-2006, 08:07 PM
I'm annoyed that he's been runnning his mouth.

that's the only thing he has done well this season.

BillyT92679
09-27-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm not mad, but I am worried about his ability to stay healthy now.

Mahdi
09-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Remeber Eric Moulds hamstring injury, he was hurting for a full season and his production went wayyy down. We need TKO for the rest of the season playing at his top level. And im sure when the coaching staff assess the situation they see that Ellison is doing a good job which makes the decision to give TKO more time to heal easier.

Turf
09-27-2006, 11:12 PM
TK's obviously hurt. The guys a warrior. He would be playing if he could. Saying not so is calling him a liar. This is a ludicrous thread title.

Slim
09-27-2006, 11:19 PM
i hope he reads this thread.

Billscusey
09-27-2006, 11:37 PM

Yeah, I'm more afraid that he may be copping a bit of a "cry baby" attitude. Surprising since this historically hasn't been his style.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-27-2006, 11:41 PM
Im neither frustrated or ticked.. TKO will be back when he is ready.. Good thing is Ellison is getting some good playing time..

While I hope TKO is back before, but wouldnt it be funny if TKO made his return for the Patriots game..

shotgun
09-28-2006, 04:49 AM
let the man heal !

Historian
09-28-2006, 06:32 AM
I'm not mad, but I am worried about his ability to stay healthy now.

Hopefully, he's not another Yatil Green.

Remember him, fish fans?

:snicker:

LtFinFan66
09-28-2006, 06:37 AM
yeah but he never even started a regular season I don't believe:idunno:

mybills
09-28-2006, 06:42 AM
i hope he reads this thread.
:rofl: :up:

X-Era
09-28-2006, 06:51 AM

Jon

Your point is valid, but if your job really needed you and was paying you millions could you go to work hurt? Maybe?

X-Era
09-28-2006, 06:55 AM

Fine, bad choice of words. I cant be mad at TKO unless hes faking the injury or over dramatizing it somehow. I doubt thats the case.

I am frustrated that he hasnt been on the field for a full game in a long time. We need this guy like yesterday.

mybills
09-28-2006, 07:06 AM
You just have to look at it this way, era..you know the ad for publisher's clearance house..."You MIGHT be a winner"..that's how you look at "Questionable". :snicker:

I think he'll play. If not, there is a good reason behind it. :up:

Historian
09-28-2006, 07:07 AM
Your point is valid, but if your job really needed you and was paying you millions could you go to work hurt? Maybe?

I pulled one trying to beat the throw to first base once.

Believe me, it hurts.

For the first three days, you can't really do anything other than lay on the sofa, because any movement in your upper body, tugs a teeny bit on your hamstring. (Thank GOD for remote controlls!)

Keep in mind, in any sport, your balance and your strength, come from your hips. (ie, saying a qb has a great arm is a misnomer, what he actually has, is great body mechanics, starting with the hips/torso.)

So you really can't fault the guy, in fact, I can't believe he's already participating in 11 on 11 drills in practice.

Then there's the mental factor to get over. If I go hard, will it re-aggrivate? etc... The tenativeness you have in your own mind, is something each individual has to overcome.

Why? Because it friggin hurts.

Just my 2 cents.

Forward_Lateral
09-28-2006, 07:11 AM
So, let's see. Play Takeo, with a still pulled hammy, risk losing him for the rest of the year, or let him get back to 100%. I wonder what the coaches and trainers are going to do?
What an idiotic thread.

Dr. Lecter
09-28-2006, 07:21 AM
Will somebody give me examples of TKO 'running his mouth'? The accusation has been made numerous times but no example given.

mybills
09-28-2006, 07:31 AM
Maybe they're confusing him with McGahee, Doc. :idunno:

HHURRICANE
09-28-2006, 08:38 AM

Well said. I'm okay with the injury, especially becuase it's the same leg he had surgery on. But he and Fletcher have a hard time keeping their mouth's shut. It makes it harder to tolerate when he's not on the field.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2006, 08:43 AM
Will somebody give me examples of TKO 'running his mouth'? The accusation has been made numerous times but no example given.

His comments about Vincent most recently. Spikes had a "bigmouth" in Cincy also. Search the web for how many times Lewis was babysitting him.

gr8slayer
09-28-2006, 08:44 AM
Only thing pissing me off is the fact that he made a huge deal about "the comeback." We all went out and bought his comeback shirt, we read the stories all off-season long, we went onto BB.com everytime they had a video about him blah blah blah. Season starts and he destroys Brady in his first play back and now he is nowhere to be found. Drives me nuts, he better really be hurt and not just being a *****.

Dr. Lecter
09-28-2006, 09:05 AM
His comments about Vincent most recently. Spikes had a "bigmouth" in Cincy also. Search the web for how many times Lewis was babysitting him.
The Vincent thing was a heat of moment comment.

Making one remark does not mean a player is running at the mouth.

Jimbuktu
09-28-2006, 09:34 AM
Well said, Andre Reed was out for a long time in 95 with a hamstring injury. I was frustrated waiting for him to come back. He came back when he wasn't even completely ready and honestly, wasn't a help at all in that game...may have been a hindrance. TKO's gotta be ready before coming back

yeah, I remember that. he came back in the second round pittsburgh playoff game i believe and dropped a few easy passes. wasn't worth it. shoulda stuck with billy brooks or whoever else was in it.

Pretty sad to think that the last bills playoff win was in 1995 against the Phins in Buffalo. Ugh. Since then what is it? Loss to Pitts that year. Then the Jags the next year in a game they def should have won. Miami in 98 and Titans in 99.

God damn i miss bills playoff football ...

justasportsfan
09-28-2006, 09:48 AM

and risk reaggravating the injury and lose him an entire season? Let him heal properly and have him healthy for 12 games.

MikeInRoch
09-28-2006, 09:59 AM

Well, that would be a pretty low number considering that he never actually played under Lewis. Nice try, tho.

justasportsfan
09-28-2006, 10:04 AM
Search the web for how many times Lewis was babysitting him.
huh?

SABURZFAN
09-28-2006, 11:44 AM
The Vincent thing was a heat of moment comment.

Making one remark does not mean a player is running at the mouth.

but that's more than he has done on the field.

The_Philster
09-28-2006, 05:28 PM
yeah, I remember that. he came back in the second round pittsburgh playoff game i believe and dropped a few easy passes. wasn't worth it. shoulda stuck with billy brooks or whoever else was in it...
Yeah...and the way he played that day made me sick...I had gotten my Reed jersey that year and a part of me thought he was dogging it...much like some people seem to think TKO is dogging it by not playing. I felt like an idiot when it came out that he had still been hurting...I got my seasons the next year and wore my Reed jersey to the games until he left.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2006, 07:16 PM
huh?

My fault I meant in terms of offseason contract negotiations. Should have been more clear. But yes I am very aware that TKO never played for Lewis. I was busy deleting the 80 zillion auto posts that happened for some reason. I should have been more clear. With that said TKO aired all of his dirty laundry and met with Lewis several times.

And yes, he was one of the veterans that was not happy about JP being the starter per NFL Network.