PDA

View Full Version : Miller's new mask

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-27-2006, 06:42 PM
"I just told him to adapt where you can with the new logo," Miller said. "Make the lines a little sharper and maybe define the horns and the eyes a little more.

"He just ran with it and I trusted his artistic vision."

Similar to a "Where's Waldo" book, those adaptations were so microscopic that they can only be discovered under heavy inspection.

Smooth lines of the old mask were made jagged to match Buffalo's new logo, while the modern sabres on the chin were replaced with the retro look of the sabres on the third jersey.

The overall design of the helmet remained a buffalo head with piercing red eyes.

"The core concept is there," said Miller. "The great thing about [Bishop's] artwork is that it really comes through as you are watching from farther away. You appreciate what the concept is without being close."

Miller wanted his mask to remain an extension of himself, so the rear portion was adorned with personal symbolism.

An outline of the state of Michigan with USA Hockey's logo with the star directly over Miller's hometown of East Lancing was placed in the top-left corner.

In the top-right corner, the silhouette of a lizard symbolizes Miller's philosophy of not thinking but reacting on the ice.

Explained Miller: "Animals don't think about doing things, they just react. That just represents what you have to be on the ice. You can't just sit there and over think everything; you just have to play."

"Miller Time," a play-on-words with the goaltender's last name takes center stage.

At the base of the mask's backside, the wording "Matt Man" and a cartoon bulldog wearing a Michigan State sweater are a constant reminder of Miller's ailing cousin, Matt.

"[Matt] always loved bulldogs and he actually just got one," said Miller. "He's sick with Leukemia.

"That's my representation of him. He needs to be tough, he needs to be a bulldog and battle through it."
http://www.sabres.com/newsarchive.cfm?id=647

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g5/sabre0160/Miller_New_Mask.jpg

Bill Brasky
09-27-2006, 06:51 PM
his mask looks better than the logo

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-27-2006, 07:03 PM
his mask looks better than the logo

:rolleyes:

does everything have to be about the new logo I just posted this because I just thought everyone would like to know what his new mask would look like this has nothing to do with the new logo.

Bill Brasky
09-27-2006, 07:06 PM

does everything have to be about the new logo I just posted this because I just thought everyone would like to know what his new mask would look like this has nothing to do with the new logo.

"I just told him to adapt where you can with the new logo," Miller said. "Make the lines a little sharper and maybe define the horns and the eyes a little more.

im4bflo
09-27-2006, 07:49 PM
So Miller had the retro(3RD)Original logo put on his chin :;
I'm telling you slug clones, you've made a big mistake, notice he didn't have the SLUG put on it in any way, just hints of it.
Die slug, :hang: DIE!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-27-2006, 10:29 PM
So Miller had the retro(3RD)Original logo put on his chin :;
I'm telling you slug clones, you've made a big mistake, notice he didn't have the SLUG put on it in any way, just hints of it.
Die slug, :hang: DIE!

:laughing: just because a goalie doesn't have the team logo doesn't mean that the logo is changing or that he doesn't like it there are other NHL goalies that don't have team logos on their masks. No hint whatsoever and it's a buffalo not a slug!!!

G Wolly
09-28-2006, 03:49 PM
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/3742/copyright0607millerai6.jpg

im4bflo
09-28-2006, 08:17 PM
:laughing: just because a goalie doesn't have the team logo doesn't mean that the logo is changing or that he doesn't like it there are other NHL goalies that don't have team logos on their masks. No hint whatsoever and it's a buffalo not a slug!!!
It's his mask, he had any choice, he chose retro over slug, that tells me he at least likes the sabres look, over that slug.
And it's more slug, than it is a buffalo, are you tripping?
I think you still live with your parents, therefor, no idea of SABRE tradition, and explains your slug love.

fushetti
09-29-2006, 07:12 AM
Now THATS a Buffalo!...and it looks white! hehe. That helmet is effing awesome. I can't wait to see Marty's.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-29-2006, 03:54 PM
Now THATS a Buffalo!...and it looks white! hehe. That helmet is effing awesome. I can't wait to see Marty's.

Marty is not going to have his painted, he wants to be traded.

pyrrhonist
10-01-2006, 02:42 AM
Now if someone wanted to say this time that the colors look like the Preds', Ryan's mask would be a prime example. If I couldn't see anything but a side view (Not his body, and not his face), I'd think Miller were Tomas Vokoun.

PUCKER
10-01-2006, 11:23 PM
Thats an awesome mask with the swords! :up:

jamze132
10-02-2006, 09:04 AM
It's obvious that the new logo sucks donkey balls. Even the players don't want to incorporate it into their personal gear.

Way to go, whoever the hell designed that stupid slug!