PDA

View Full Version : fftoolbox mock draft for 2007....already!!!!

BILLSROCK1212
09-27-2006, 08:30 PM
I got this from
http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/ and I thought all though it is very early I would share this with you guys

my thoughts are in bold

Order is by Vegas' odds for winning the superbowl and this version excludes o - linemen. Lineman will be added in future versions.

Ten - *Adrian Peterson/RB/Oklahoma-he can run behind any lien and still rush for 1300+ yards in the NFL
Hou - Brady Quinn/QB/Notre Dame-won't be an amazing player in the NFL but will be good
Cle - *Calvin Johnson/WR/Georgia Tech-by far the best WR in the draft but why would the Browns draft a WR in the top 3 two out of three years
Det - Drew Stanton/QB/Michigan State-my opinion is the best QB in the draft
Oak - *Dwayne Jarrett/WR/USC -guaranteed by me to be a bust
TB - Troy Smith/QB/Ohio State-makes sense since Chris Simms is a UFA after the season
SF- Ted Ginn Jr./WR/Ohio State-i honestly dont know what to think of this guy
GB - Kenny Irons/RB/Auburn-a combo of Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams
Buf - Quentin Moses/DE-OLB/Georgia-id love this pick if we pick this high but I ams tarting to like LaMarr Woodley the most out of all the DE's
NYJ - Paul Posluszny/ILB/Penn State-could slip if he doesnt get quicker
Ari - LaMarr Woodley/DE-OLB/Michigan -read Quentin Mosses
KC - Gaines Adams/DE-OLB/Clemson-will take time to learn
Stl - Fred Bennett/CB/South Carolina -i'll be honest never heard of this guy
Min - *Sydney Rice/WR/South Carolina-most underated WR in the draft
Den (from Wasn) - *Antoine Cason/CB/Arizona -read Fred Bennett
Mia - Quinn Pitcock/DT/Ohio State
NO - Brandon Merriweather/S/Miami-Fla-not as good as Sean Taylor but his personaility is the same
NYG - Patrick Willis/ILB/Mississippi-havent seen much of this guy but i like what i see
Atl - Brandon MeBrane/DT/California-has bust written all over him
Pit - *Michael Bush/RB/Louisville-if he slips to here the Steelers have a steel
(If healthy & declares)
Jac - Tony Hunt/RB/Penn State-good enough since he will share carries
Car - Greg Olson/TE/Miami-Fla- more of a Alge Crumpler than an Antonio Gates
Dal - *Marshawn Lynch/RB/California-read Brandon MeBrane
NE - Michael Griffin/S/Texas-ballhawk
Was (from Den) - Tim Crowder/DE/Texas
Den (from Sea) - LaRon Landry/S/LSU-could have been a first rounder in the 2006 draft
SD - Brian Smith/DE-OLB/Missouri-see Fred Bennett
Phi - Chris Leak/QB/LSU-what is the point of this pick when you have McNabb
Bal - Kenneth Darby/RB/Alabama-has more NFL potential than his college career shows for
Chi - Jeff Samardzija/WR/Notre Dame-i like Rehma McKnight more than him
Cin - Brian Leonard/RB-FB/Rutgers-the best FB I have ever seen
Ind - Garrett Wolfe/RB/Northern Illinois-he is one of the best players in this draft with unlimited potential
*Indicates Underclassmen

SABURZFAN
09-27-2006, 08:46 PM
i hope pitcock doesn't go to the Fish.

Captain Obvious
09-27-2006, 08:58 PM
Interesting Joe Thomas the LT from Wisconsin and Sam Baker the LT from USC are not 1st rounders in this mock draft..Has there play been subpar to the point they have dropped out of the 1st Round?

BILLSROCK1212
09-27-2006, 09:07 PM
Interesting Joe Thomas the LT from Wisconsin and Sam Baker the LT from USC are not 1st rounders in this mock draft..Has there play been subpar to the point they have dropped out of the 1st Round?
read above it says that no o-linemean are in the draft

Captain Obvious
09-27-2006, 09:10 PM
read above it says that no o-linemean are in the draft

whoops..didm't see that..sorry

DraftBoy
09-27-2006, 09:14 PM
Chris Leak in the 1st round? I like the kid alot and even I dont see him that high

Devin
09-27-2006, 09:19 PM
I dont agree with the Saints pick only because S is the deepest position on their roster. THey will draft an LB im sure.

SABURZFAN
09-27-2006, 10:37 PM
I dont agree with the Saints pick only because S is the deepest position on their roster. THey will draft an LB im sure.

willis from Mississippi would be the ideal pick.

clumping platelets
09-27-2006, 10:58 PM
Houston would be better served addressing needs on the OL by trading down

mysticsoto
09-28-2006, 08:24 AM
It's still early in the season and anything can happen, but as of now, these are my comments (in blue):

Ten - *Adrian Peterson/RB/Oklahoma-he can run behind any lien and still rush for 1300+ yards in the NFLWhy? Travis Henry is doing just fine and he's not the problem. I'd focus on defense for them. They may develop into an explosive offense if Vince Young develops as they would like him to - so focus on the defensive side. The Titans used to be feared for their defense.

2. Hou - Brady Quinn/QB/Notre Dame-won't be an amazing player in the NFL but will be good

Carr is fine as their QB. They need a line that can do some real blocking. It would be best if they could trade down and address their Oline. Maybe think about your Oline coach also - maybe he's the problem...

3. Cle - *Calvin Johnson/WR/Georgia Tech-by far the best WR in the draft but why would the Browns draft a WR in the top 3 two out of three years

Cleveland's problem is that they've had alot of injuries. Depending on how serious those injuries are for some of their personnel will drive who to pick.

4. Det - Drew Stanton/QB/Michigan State-my opinion is the best QB in the draft

Good pick.

5. Oak - *Dwayne Jarrett/WR/USC -guaranteed by me to be a bust

I think I'd have Oak taking Quinn then at this point. Aaron Brooks should not be considered their permanent fix to the position. They need a QB and they need to get an Oline that will work. Gallery has been a huge disappointment so far, they may need to drop some and go with some free agent veterans. Rookies on the Oline is generally not a good idea either...

6. TB - Troy Smith/QB/Ohio State-makes sense since Chris Simms is a UFA after the season

I'm fine with this.

7. SF- Ted Ginn Jr./WR/Ohio State-i honestly dont know what to think of this guy

We may need to wait to see if this is what SF needs, but I would go defense if I'm them...maybe it's just me. I tend to be more defensive minded.

8. GB - Kenny Irons/RB/Auburn-a combo of Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams

I guess this is okay. I feel like their defense needs serious work though...

9. Buf - Quentin Moses/DE-OLB/Georgia-id love this pick if we pick this high but I ams tarting to like LaMarr Woodley the most out of all the DE's

Looks like a good plan to me!!!

10. NYJ - Paul Posluszny/ILB/Penn State-could slip if he doesnt get quicker

Hmmm...I kind of feel like the Jets need a real RB. It's just a question of, do they want someone adequate - or a RB that's going to light it up?

11. Ari - LaMarr Woodley/DE-OLB/Michigan -read Quentin Mosses

Fine.

12. KC - Gaines Adams/DE-OLB/Clemson-will take time to learn

Fine.

13. Stl - Fred Bennett/CB/South Carolina -i'll be honest never heard of this guy

Fine.

14. Min - *Sydney Rice/WR/South Carolina-most underated WR in the draft

This would be a good pick for them.

15. Den (from Wasn) - *Antoine Cason/CB/Arizona -read Fred Bennett

Hmmm...I might be thinking QB or WR for Denver. Rod Smith is getting old. Denver has Champ Bailey and he still has a few years left. They could probably afford to take a developmental prospect later on...

16. Mia - Quinn Pitcock/DT/Ohio State

I would focus on their secondary 1st.

17. NO - Brandon Merriweather/S/Miami-Fla-not as good as Sean Taylor but his personaility is the same

Fine.

18. NYG - Patrick Willis/ILB/Mississippi-havent seen much of this guy but i like what i see

Again, like Miami, I would focus on their secondary 1st.

19. Atl - Brandon MeBrane/DT/California-has bust written all over him

I may have to wait until the end of the season to see where their biggest need is...

20. Pit - *Michael Bush/RB/Louisville-if he slips to here the Steelers have a steel (If healthy & declares)

Perhaps, but Willie Parker has been doing really well. But the Steelers are probably rounded well enough to just take best player instead of need.

21. Jac - Tony Hunt/RB/Penn State-good enough since he will share carries

Not a bad pick to help Fred Taylor out.

22. Car - Greg Olson/TE/Miami-Fla- more of a Alge Crumpler than an Antonio Gates

Fine.

23. Dal - *Marshawn Lynch/RB/California-read Brandon MeBrane

Julius Jones is a fine RB. They need to answer to themselves a few questions before they decide their pick. Is Romo Bledsoe's successor - are they happy with his potential? What about TO? Will he remain after this year? My 1st guess...a good WR might be what they get next year.

24. NE - Michael Griffin/S/Texas-ballhawk

Safety or LB would be good for them. Maroney is pretty good as a RB, but I still can't believe they didn't take Manny Lawson this past year. Seau won't have much in his tank left after this year.

25. Was (from Den) - Tim Crowder/DE/Texas

Hard to say what Washington needs. On paper they look great, but they can't seem to put it all together on the field. This is a coaching issue and not a personnel issue.

26. Den (from Sea) - LaRon Landry/S/LSU-could have been a first rounder in the 2006 draft

Fine.

27. SD - Brian Smith/DE-OLB/Missouri-see Fred Bennett

SD is a well rounded team and can afford to take the best player available at this point.

28. Phi - Chris Leak/QB/LSU-what is the point of this pick when you have McNabb

No, I like this pick. We already saw what happened when McNabb went down last year. Would you prefer to leave the game to AJ Feeley? No, they need to start molding their future replacement.

29. Bal - Kenneth Darby/RB/Alabama-has more NFL potential than his college career shows for

Fine.

30. Chi - Jeff Samardzija/WR/Notre Dame-i like Rehma McKnight more than him

WR is a good pick for them. Whoever their scouts recommend.

31. Cin - Brian Leonard/RB-FB/Rutgers-the best FB I have ever seen

I'm fine with this pick...and I suspect Rudi Johnson will be too. Though this is kind of high for a FB...

32. Ind - Garrett Wolfe/RB/Northern Illinois-he is one of the best players in this draft with unlimited potential

A good pick also. Dominic Rhodes is okay, but they need a star to complement Manning.

All in all, if this were next year's draft, I would be pretty happy with our pick!!!