• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

My Early Season Review

Offense:

JP Losman: The Jets game is the kind of QB I've though he'd be all along. He's physicall gifted and he is capable of making any throw. He can beat you with his legs or his arm. He's also reckless and anything but poised in the pocket, and even though the fumbles may not have been his fault, the balls seems to come loose too much when he's back there. Live by the sword, die by the sword. I've suspected from day one JP will make you very high and low sometimes in the same game, and thats what Im seeing. I"d prefer to see game planning like the first two games, putting the game more in the hands of running and playing better defense. He's no Ryan Leaf or Rick Mirer, but he's also no Bret Favre or John Elway. I"ll take servicable in this offense anyday.

Willis: If this team has problems, he aint one of them.. End of story.

Lee Evans: His numbers looked good against Jets, but he hasnt done much this season.. He's struggling so far as the #1, not cause he doesnt have the ability, because nobody is doing enough to take the constant double teams off him. We have to find ways to use him more, he's too good not to.

Offensive Line: Slightly better than I thought.. VERY impressed with both our tackles.. Fowler has been decent. Reyes has had his moments, and Villarrial is a total chump. This is an OBVIOUS area of upgrade needed next offseason, especially at RG and possibly LT.

Tight Ends: Royal hasnt impressed me at all, and his penalty at NE was a critical one (and he dropped a 1st down pass too).. Kevin Everett, has he even played? (sarcasm).. The lack of use of a TE continues in buffalo.

DEFENSIVELY:

Defensive Line: Obviously they dominated Miami and played decent vs New England. They did NOTHING vs the Jets... Larry Triplett isnt putting up numbers but I've liked what he's done. Tim Anderson was, is and will be a scrub. Kyle Williams hasnt done too much yet, but jeez he's only a rookie and getting used to things still. McCargo has been useless early on.. Denney had a once in a lifetime game against Miami and he's played well all year.. Schobel and Kelsay have been pretty good too. OVerall, better than I thought, but lets see how they do when we play teams COMMITTED to pounding the ball.

Linebackers: Obviously Spikes being gone all but one series has hurt. He showed his worth on the first play of the season. Hopefully he's back soon we NEED him. Fletcher has been steady if not spectacular. Crowell was a beast in the Miami game and probably the best player on the defense this year. Ellison has played well by spelling Spikes, especially given he's a rookie.

Corners: McGee and Clements have been SOLID and havent hurt us one bit.

Safeties: Whitner and SImpson dont look like rookies... They've been really good. Cant wait to see how they fare against better offenses coming up soon.

Special Teams: Solid, as expected.

Coaching: they are 2 for 3 this year. Good job against NE, I credit them witha game plan to beat Miami in week two, and totally BLEW last week's game against the Jets.

Offensively, I'd like to see Jauron and Fairchild continue what they did early in the season, but trust JP a little bit more.. DONT give him total reigns of the offense cause JP isnt ready. COMMITT more to the run and better play action passing.

Defensively: They have to be a little more unpredictable. That Miami game was a masterpeice. .The Jets game was annoying. You have a young, athletic defense.. Take better advantage of it.

OVERALL: 1-2 isnt a surprise to me. Going into season, its what I expected.. The Miami win was a great surprise and the JEts game was a huge dissapointment. the Bills HAVE to win the games "they should win". The schedule is mostly murder.. Minny is a tough game and of course ANY divisional game is tough.. They also got SD, Balt, Chicago, Jags and Indy on this schedule. Ouch.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Re: My Early Season Review

I liked the thread, i just dis agree with one thing really i dont think Mike Gandy has faired well against speed rushers to the outside, i think we can do better there definetly next season, but all and all i agree with what you are talking about
    the TE situation is baffling the **** out of me, i dont understand the problem also i would like to see a little more playaction to set up long ball we will see
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Re: My Early Season Review

Originally posted by patmoran2006
      Offense:

Willis: If this team has problems, he aint one of them.. End of story.
      Sorry, I thought it was McGahee who had the ball on 4th and 1 in NE. By far the most critical play of the game.

And it was McGahee who half-assed his block on Rhodes that led to 7 points for the Jets.

I think your assessment was good but giving McGahee a free pass is irresponible journalism.

Comment

Working...
      X