PDA

View Full Version : I love the Bills, but we are screwed this weekend

rschepise
09-28-2006, 11:53 AM
Now, I am as big a Bills fan as anyone, but we do not match up well against the Vikings. Everyone knows that football starts with the ability to dictate the line of scrimmage. Their offensive line is a mismatch against our defensive line and our offensive line won't be able to hold up against their defensive line.

I watched the Bears Vikings game......It looks like the Vikes play a cover 2 but they incorporate a lot of "pressure packages". Pat Williams is an absolute monster in the middle and the rest of their defensive line is very active. I think it is going to be a long day for JP, Willis and company.

Also, I think the Vikings will have an easy time controling the tempo of the game with Chester Taylor. He'll get five yards a pop on our defense and rip a couple long ones. I know Brad Johnson likes to air it out, but I expect them to utilize the short passing game, similar to the way the Jets did.

I hate to say it, but it is going to be a long day

Vikings 31
Bills 13

Carlton Bailey
09-28-2006, 11:58 AM
You just summed up my exact fears. I don't have us losing by 18, but I'm thinking 23-10 or something like that.

njsue
09-28-2006, 12:01 PM
The Vikings have not impressed me that much.

Bills are home with the 12th man as the advantage.

Bills win this one close.

Tatonka
09-28-2006, 12:04 PM
that is why they play the games.

THATHURMANATOR
09-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Now, I am as big a Bills fan as anyone, but we do not match up well against the Vikings. Everyone knows that football starts with the ability to dictate the line of scrimmage. Their offensive line is a mismatch against our defensive line and our offensive line won't be able to hold up against their defensive line.

I watched the Bears Vikings game......It looks like the Vikes play a cover 2 but they incorporate a lot of "pressure packages". Pat Williams is an absolute monster in the middle and the rest of their defensive line is very active. I think it is going to be a long day for JP, Willis and company.

Also, I think the Vikings will have an easy time controling the tempo of the game with Chester Taylor. He'll get five yards a pop on our defense and rip a couple long ones. I know Brad Johnson likes to air it out, but I expect them to utilize the short passing game, similar to the way the Jets did.

Vikings 31
Bills 13
You are WAY off.

Mudflap1
09-28-2006, 12:11 PM
I also think we might get worked by the Vikings, 27-7 or something.

Jon

Mr. Miyagi
09-28-2006, 12:12 PM
That didn't help us much last weekend, and it was a division game!

SpillerThrills
09-28-2006, 12:12 PM
The Vikings have not impressed me that much.

Bills win this one close.

not sure I would call that a close one.....

justasportsfan
09-28-2006, 12:16 PM
I billieve

Carlton Bailey
09-28-2006, 12:22 PM
We've lost 4 straight home games...

HHURRICANE
09-28-2006, 12:25 PM

Vikings 31
Bills 13

How dare you?!!! Posting a thread that doesn't predict a win and using facts to back it up. This is a site dedicated to unjustified optimism no-matter-what!!

I like how anytime a thread like this goes up everyone comes up with the same cliches like "on any given Sunday" or "that's why they play the games". God forbid someone might want to give a counter argumnet that has some coherent argumnets attached to it.

The Bills will need more than the 12th man to win this game.An early offensive start and a bad day by Johnson is are only shot!!!

Inetpub
09-28-2006, 12:28 PM
I love the Bills, but we are screwed this weekend
I dont understand what all the commotion is about. We are screwed every weekend! If you havent noticed, we arent winning often. crappy last year, 0-4 in preseason and 1-2 start. I think this weekend will be another addition to our loss record but man, we've been screwed for awhile.

:):bandwagon

Vikes 28
Bills 17

gr8slayer
09-28-2006, 12:47 PM
Dont let the sky hit you during its free fall.

mybills
09-28-2006, 12:49 PM
:blah:

HHURRICANE
09-28-2006, 12:52 PM
You are WAY off.

Why is he way off? Explain.

gr8slayer
09-28-2006, 12:55 PM
I billieve
Hell yes, I have not billieved in a Bills team as much as I do now in a long time.

patmoran2006
09-28-2006, 08:52 PM
Tatonka is right.. This is why they play the games.

However, the poster is also right.. This is an AWFUL match up for Buffalo, and so is next week at Chicago.

The Bills will have to play well to not get this asses kicked Sunday.. Noticeably, "experts" from around the print and web media are baffled the Bills are actualy favored.

I hope to hell we win.. 2-2 after this schedule would be good.. But I dont see it happening.. Minny's defense is twice as good as the jets, and the Vikes can run the ball.

JP is going to HAVE to make at least 2-3 big plays.. Its time for Lee Evans to make some noise.

YardRat
09-28-2006, 08:56 PM
Turnovers.

If the offense can hang on to the ball and the defense can get a couple we can beat anybody.

patmoran2006
09-28-2006, 09:05 PM
Turnovers.

If the offense can hang on to the ball and the defense can get a couple we can beat anybody.

Yep.. JP cant make ANY stupid mistakes on offense, and defensively its time for Nate to earn that 7.2 million and make a game changing play or two

paladin warrior
09-28-2006, 09:22 PM

Vikings 31
Bills 13 How You said that!!! Anybody always think that Bill's lose.Think Positive

TigerJ
09-28-2006, 09:43 PM
I picked the Bills to win, but a good share of the influence for that is my homerism. The Bills will have to have a very strong game to pull this out.

Turf
09-28-2006, 09:49 PM
Bills 45, Vikes 10. You heard it here first.

billsburgh
09-29-2006, 02:32 AM

the 12th man didnt seem to help much last week. Actually, I was pretty disappointed to see so many empty seats at the end of the game when there was still a chance to pull it out.

shelby
09-29-2006, 04:09 AM
Our D needs to step up and keep the pressure on Brad Johnson. Imagine Johnson after taking 5 sacks...:scratch:
:gobills:

Historian
09-29-2006, 07:00 AM
I don't get all warm and fuzzy over this one.

The Vikes are off to a pretty good start.

RedEyE
09-29-2006, 07:22 AM
The Vikings have only scored 2 offensive touchdowns all year. How are they going to pull off 31 points this weekend.

If the Bills do lose, it's at the end of a long hard fought defensive game. I think we have the upper hand on offense. If the Bills continue to play the way they have been, and minimize the mistakes, they win this game.

Everyone was also talking about how difficult it was going to be to run on the Patriots through the middle. How many yards did McGahee and Thomas run up in the 1st half of that game? They were gunning it up the middle.

One thing for sure is that Pat Williams is just past the pinncale of his career. You wear him down early, come 4th qrtr he's going to be coming off the field quite frequently.

patmoran2006
09-29-2006, 07:27 AM
The Vikings have only scored 2 offensive touchdowns all year. How are they going to pull off 31 points this weekend.

If the Bills do lose, it's at the end of a long hard fought defensive game. I think we have the upper hand on offense. If the Bills continue to play the way they have been, and minimize the mistakes, they win this game.

Everyone was also talking about how difficult it was going to be to run on the Patriots through the middle. How many yards did McGahee and Thomas run up in the 1st half of that game? They were gunning it up the middle.

One thing for sure is that Pat Williams is just past the pinncale of his career. You wear him down early, come 4th qrtr he's going to be coming off the field quite frequently.

Good post.. Lets see if Jauron can stick to a game plan this week, like he did in weeks 1-2

mybills
09-29-2006, 07:32 AM
The Vikings have only scored 2 offensive touchdowns all year. How are they going to pull off 31 points this weekend. I didn't know that. Do you know how many turnover points if any?

mybills
09-29-2006, 07:33 AM
Good post.. Lets see if Jauron can stick to a game plan this week, like he did in weeks 1-2
This is exactly what will decide the score IMO.

RedEyE
09-29-2006, 07:34 AM
I didn't know that. Do you know how many turnover points if any?

Well 3TDs by the offense if you count Ryan Longwell's fake FG pass 2 weeks ago ...but that's not really an offensive play now, is it?

A TD by Winfield last week. Other then that, I'm not sure.

don137
09-29-2006, 07:40 AM
Like I said in another thread the Bills need to shorten the field through good defense and special teams. Minnesota's offense is not intimidating. I agree with RedEye. Now, they have played against some good defenses but Brad Johnson and Chester Taylor is not exactly Kelly and Thurman.
Stick to the run and tire them out. Like Villirial said, the achilles heel of the cover 2 is they can be worn down

Typ0
09-29-2006, 07:42 AM
Vikes are overrated. They don't beat themselves and play conservative. This should be a good game. One team will lose.

jamze132
09-29-2006, 07:52 AM

Vikings 31
Bills 13
Well I am a little more upbeat about the game you are. One way to neutralize their pass rush and Pat Williams is to run a hurry-up offense.

RedEyE
09-29-2006, 08:15 AM
Well I am a little more upbeat about the game you are. One way to neutralize their pass rush and Pat Williams is to run a hurry-up offense.

Definitly. The hurry up offense will disrupt the Cover 2 with a consistant run and short well planted passes inside zone coverage.

However, I'm not to keen on a young inexperienced offense running it. Mistakes can be made that leave your defense on the field too long. But it will work.

Novacane
09-29-2006, 09:19 AM
T
Noticeably, "experts" from around the print and web media are baffled the Bills are actualy favored.

You had a good arguement until this statment. Since when do the "experts" know anything? These are the same "experts" that were all over the Dolphins jocks in preseason.