PDA

View Full Version : A Few Thoughts From draz

Yasgur's Farm
09-28-2006, 12:12 PM
1) This generation of Bills fans... Check that... This generation, PERIOD, has been hindered by their upbringing. I don't know if it's because of all the things available to them while growing up (LIKE MADDEN) or what. But their expectation of entitlement coupled with their tendency to hold others responsible for things they would never consider being responsible for themselves (double standard) is not a good mix.

2) This team seems to be able to build their own energy much better than teams of recent past. This will (in time) produce fruit on the road where the crowd is hostile, and at home where the crowb may eventually learn to be the 12th man again.

3) Losman's apparent tendency to become "pumped" is diminishing. Last year he would have many periods of time where he would have to work hard to settle himself down. After 11 starts, he seems to have a handle on it for the most part. I would expect it to vanish by the end of the year with the exception of maybe a bit of a relapse in his 1st playoff game (and superbowl if I'm not being too lofty in my expectations).

gr8slayer
09-28-2006, 12:53 PM
1) This generation of Bills fans... Check that... This generation, PERIOD, has been hindered by their upbringing. I don't know if it's because of all the things available to them while growing up (LIKE MADDEN) or what. But their expectation of entitlement coupled with their tendency to hold others responsible for things they would never consider being responsible for themselves (double standard) is not a good mix.

2) This team seems to be able to build their own energy much better than teams of recent past. This will (in time) produce fruit on the road where the crowd is hostile, and at home where the crowb may eventually learn to be the 12th man again.

3) Losman's apparent tendency to become "pumped" is diminishing. Last year he would have many periods of time where he would have to work hard to settle himself down. After 11 starts, he seems to have a handle on it for the most part. I would expect it to vanish by the end of the year with the exception of maybe a bit of a relapse in his 1st playoff game (and superbowl if I'm not being too lofty in my expectations).I cant speak for the old farts of the previous generation but I think you are right about the whole Madden thing. People win the SB in their videogame and they think it's all real life; "oh well I did it in Madden, why cant we do it in real life."

You are right on number two.

And Losman has really calmed down alot, I think it is very obvious that he is ten times more comfortable this year, his stats show it too.

mybills
09-28-2006, 12:59 PM
Young people. :shakeno:
Watching the Bills for over 30 years myself, they don't know what frustration is. :snicker:
This is a pretty decent team we have, and I can't wait till next year when it's even better! :up:

gr8slayer
09-28-2006, 01:06 PM
Young people. :shakeno:
Watching the Bills for over 30 years myself, they don't know what frustration is. :snicker:
This is a pretty decent team we have, and I can't wait till next year when it's even better! :up:
Why next year? I think that if TKO comes back healthy we are a ten+ win team. We have the weapons, we have the talent, now we just need the leader.

JJamezz
09-28-2006, 01:18 PM
#1 extends FAR FAR beyond loyalty to a football team.. its pervasive throughout people's lives, throughout society, especially in this country. I'm not gonna 'go there', since this isn't the place for it, but it suffices to say there are a lot of people out there who would do well to face some adversity in their lives. Nothing like hard times to set your priorities in order and shut your yap about meaningless 'problems' that other people WISH they had.

Night Train
09-28-2006, 02:07 PM
Well said. :posrep: