PDA

View Full Version : Saban = crybaby

Mr. Miyagi
09-28-2006, 04:26 PM
Saban used his daily news conference to defend his players from criticism associated with a 1-2 start. When asked about tight end Randy McMichael having only six catches in the first three games, Saban went on a diatribe, prompting the reporter to say he was glad he asked the question.

"I'm glad you did too because I've been wanting to get that off my chest for a while," Saban said. "Now you want to ask another one because I have some other things I'll get off my chest.

"You guys are not going to take the game away from the players. They played their hearts out in this game (a 13-10 win over Tennessee) and for them to have to read about what they can't do, it's a little frustrating for me because they responded and did what we asked them to do. It might not have been pretty, but they did a good job and they won the game. And everybody should know that. And that's how I feel and I'm proud as hell of them.

"Now, you want to ask another bad question, ask it because I'm about ready to jump on somebody's (he pointed to his throat) . . . Go ahead, ask one. You want to do it, go ahead."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2006/09/28/a9c_fins_notes_0929.html

So much for the next Bill Bellichick. Reminds me more of Spurrier or Wanny :rofl:

Carlton Bailey
09-28-2006, 04:36 PM
LOL.

Got news for ya, Saban -- Houston is going to beat you this weekend.

Gunzlingr
09-28-2006, 04:44 PM
Sounds like Ben Stiller at the party in Starsky & Hutch "Do it. Do it."

Inetpub
09-28-2006, 04:46 PM
Your take him as a crybaby. I think its more of an understanding coach. Im glad he said that because hes taking care of his team. He knows what his team is doing. He knows that as long as they tried thier best all he can ask for is a win but its never guaranteed. As long as they tried thier best.

I'll take a player that tried thier best to win anyday at that level. Miami is talented enough to win more games. They just arent doing it at the moment and hes probably frustrated becuase he knows what they can do.

I'll tell you this. If JP Losman came into a game and didnt give his best, id be disappointed. His win vs Miami he didnt have great numbers. But they won because he probably tried his best. Obviously his best for that day was a meagre 83 or so yards. Who cares. We won! Then on the flipside, his best last week was 340+ yards passing and we lost. But give him credit he played his best and dont knock on him b/c he tried. Lets see Jauron do what Saban did for his team and tell off the reporters who think the players best isnt good enough.

DynaPaul
09-28-2006, 04:56 PM
Don't you understand?

HE'S A PEOPLE PERSON!

Luisito23
09-28-2006, 05:46 PM
No surprise....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

!Papacrunk!
09-28-2006, 06:21 PM
"You guys are not going to take the game away from the players. They played their hearts out in this game (a 13-10 win over Tennessee) and for them to have to read about what they can't do, it's a little frustrating for me because they responded and did what we asked them to do. It might not have been pretty, but they did a good job and they won the game. And everybody should know that. And that's how I feel and I'm proud as hell of them.
Him fighting/standing up for his players is whining?

HHURRICANE
09-28-2006, 07:06 PM
Him fighting/standing up for his players is whining?

He's "proud as hell" because he squeeked out a win against the worst team in the league at HOME!!!! Hate to tell you Papa but those "wheels be falling off the wagon". What he should have done was to blame it all on MM. This is so reminiscent of last year it's comical.

Listened to Sirrius and they were trying to figure out how they have all these weapons in Miami and can't score any points? ANSWER: Mike Mularkey

Mitchy moo
09-28-2006, 07:18 PM
He's "proud as hell" because he squeeked out a win against the worst team in the league at HOME!!!! Hate to tell you Papa but those "wheels be falling off the wagon". What he should have done was to blame it all on MM. This is so reminiscent of last year it's comical.

Listened to Sirrius and they were trying to figure out how they have all these weapons in Miami and can't score any points? ANSWER: Mike Mularkey

he'll be blaming mm all too soon.

!Papacrunk!
09-28-2006, 07:38 PM

THe wagon will have lost its wheels, it will be creating sparks from dragging on the ground, but I'll still be enjoying the ride.

The two current roadblocks would be Culpepper and Mularkey. Culpepper isn't a 100% but at the same time he still needs to play and get on the field to acclimate himself with the offense and and get back on track with the speed of the game. He'll get there eventually, and anybody can call me a homer for saying this, but I truly believe once he does get to be a 100% he will be displaying the form that got him to the ProBowl, Moss or no Moss. If not, I'd be man enough to admit I was wrong. Mularkey is the obvious knucklehead at the moment, and who knows how long he'll be here, but you win as a team and you lose as a team, instead of singling one guy and saying he's the root of all of our problems, even if he's the guy holding the proverbial bloody knife.

What's comical is that the Dolphins are victims of the hype (believe me, I hate when others claim to be victims because of anything negative that happens, but,) ---the media builds someone up, which makes the fans feed off of it, getting hopes up, and when the team who may not be at the same point that the almighty media has decreed them to be at, then the media and fans tear down the team because of huge premature expectations that were created by the media that the team isn't instantly meeting. Stuff isn't instantaneous, but the word patience just doesn't exist anymore in the mind of fans or the media. Anybody can go back and use the search button and check my posts before the season: I had stated at those various times, that the team is still rebuilding, and this is year two in the rebuilding process, I mean we're only one season removed from that 4-12 record. Remember patience is a taboo word. Every team has different timelines, some teams take longer ( I believe the Lions are on year 15 on their rebuilding process,) some teams turn it around in one season. Especially with parity it makes fans look at other teams turn something around so quickly and they get impatient when it doesn't happen to their team. So I will will still wear all of my Dolphins gear if they go on and win the next 12+ games, or lose all the rest of them.

Mitchy moo
09-28-2006, 07:43 PM
THe wagon will have lost its wheels, it will be creating sparks from dragging on the ground, but I'll still be enjoying the ride.

The two current roadblocks would be Culpepper and Mularkey. Culpepper isn't a 100% but at the same time he still needs to play and get on the field to acclimate himself with the offense and and get back on track with the speed of the game. He'll get there eventually, and anybody can call me a homer for saying this, but I truly believe once he does get to be a 100% he will be displaying the form that got him to the ProBowl, Moss or no Moss. If not, I'd be man enough to admit I was wrong. Mularkey is the obvious knucklehead at the moment, and who knows how long he'll be here, but you win as a team and you lose as a team, instead of singling one guy and saying he's the root of all of our problems, even if he's the guy holding the proverbial bloody knife.

What's comical is that the Dolphins are victims of the hype (believe me, I hate when others claim to be victims because of anything negative that happens, but,) ---the media builds someone up, which makes the fans feed off of it, getting hopes up, and when the team who may not be at the same point that the almighty media has decreed them to be at, then the media and fans tear down the team because of huge premature expectations that were created by the media that the team isn't instantly meeting. Stuff isn't instantaneous, but the word patience just doesn't exist anymore in the mind of fans or the media. Anybody can go back and use the search button and check my posts before the season: I had stated at those various times, that the team is still rebuilding, and this is year two in the rebuilding process, I mean we're only one season removed from that 4-12 record. Remember patience is a taboo word. Every team has different timelines, some teams take longer ( I believe the Lions are on year 15 on their rebuilding process,) some teams turn it around in one season. Especially with parity it makes fans look at other teams turn something around so quickly and they get impatient when it doesn't happen to their team. So I will will still wear all of my Dolphins gear if they go on and win the next 12+ games, or lose all the rest of them.

post of the week, very true. thanks Papa.

bluehaze
09-28-2006, 08:21 PM
Sabans got a point although he can't come right out and say what he means which is, The team had to play their hearts out to win that game because Daunte played so horribly. The team winning games despite Daunte is kind of impressive when you think about it :dance:

If Daunte doesnt put up big numbers against the Texans D I suspect he'll be taking a break for a little while unless of course the team plays their hearts out again to win despite him, in which case it's really going to suck going in to N.E. with him.

I really wish he'd get it togethor already its shocking how horrible he looks considering just 2 years ago he had the season of his life. I imagine its just as frustrating for him as it is for Saban and the rest of the team.

P.S. Papa save me a seat on the wagon i'll still be right there with you regardless of how this pans out :D

Nighthawk
09-28-2006, 08:23 PM
Saban is a tool and he proves it more each week. No matter what "Dolphin fan" thinks, this guy isn't the next coming of Bill Belichek!

Michael82
09-28-2006, 09:19 PM
This guy is a ****ing moron!

J TES
09-28-2006, 09:24 PM
Saban is a tool and he proves it more each week. No matter what "Dolphin fan" thinks, this guy isn't the next coming of Bill Belichek!
UMM Okay. How has he proved he's a tool? I don't agree with you at all. But you did say he proves it more each week, so please fill me in.

J TES
09-28-2006, 09:27 PM
This guy is a ****ing moron!
Why exactly? Cause he's the coach of the Dolphins? I mean, if thats your reasoning, although childish, I can somewhat understand, but if taking the heat for his players is what your referring to, then no, you're the moron

evol4276
09-28-2006, 09:33 PM
i dont blame him.. i'd be pissed too if i were in his position, reading things in the paper about whats wrong with a team that you're running and how you can't do anything at all. kinda reminds me of us report-wise.. they never wanna focus on the positive things your team has done, just the poor things they seem to do. its just he has the balls to say what he thinks out there, so I respect him for that

Inetpub
09-29-2006, 01:56 AM
He's "proud as hell" because he squeeked out a win against the worst team in the league at HOME!!!!

Thats kinda funny because looking at the the standings, we are the same record as miami. Only team we beat WAS a bottom dweller that before last weekend was one of the worst teams in the league. And yes, we "squeeked" out a win vs them also.

How do you criticize a guy when your explanation can easily be the Bills?

RedEyE
09-29-2006, 07:03 AM
I see nothing wrong with his comments. Some of you guys look for any reason to piss on the Dolphins. If you've ever played organized sports in your life, his response is warranted, and I would be concerned (if I were a Dolphins fan) had he done the opposite and just folded and "sold" his team to the media.

feelthepain
09-29-2006, 07:53 AM

A win against Tenn is better the a loss to the Jets!!!

As for your ignorant "as usual" Mike Mularkey comment, if you knew a damn thing about football you'd know Mike Mularkey isn't the problem. You're just so desperate in your hope that Mike Mularkey was the Bills problem, that everything bad that happens in Miami, you blame on him. When are you Bill fans gonna grow up?? I don't ever see you say a word about TD, but the Ex-Bill players don't have a problem placing blame where it's due, thank you for the facts Pat Williams. The Bill's have sucked since the early 90's but you clowns act like it's all Mike Mularkey. Thanks to him the Bills had at least one wiining season in the lats 15 years. Talk about cry babies, Bill fans are as bitter as a woman scorn, you refuse to blame the talent on your team. Well you're 1-3 and scare nobody, who's fault is that??? Who cares!!!

Mr. Miyagi
09-29-2006, 08:36 AM
UMM Okay. How has he proved he's a tool? I don't agree with you at all. But you did say he proves it more each week, so please fill me in.
Because he whines and cries like a crybaby LOL.

Poised coaches don't need to "stand up" for his players by acting all tough and venting at press conferences about how unfair the media is treating his team, and how proud of his team he is because they played their best and that's what counted.

Poised coaches STFU in front of the media, and let the team's performance prove the naysayers wrong. Like Marv always says, "let your actions speak so loudly that people can't hear what you're saying."

Saban is acting like the college coach who's in over his head that he really is.

Jeff1220
09-29-2006, 10:45 AM
A win against Tenn is better the a loss to the Jets!!!

As for your ignorant "as usual" Mike Mularkey comment, if you knew a damn thing about football you'd know Mike Mularkey isn't the problem. You're just so desperate in your hope that Mike Mularkey was the Bills problem, that everything bad that happens in Miami, you blame on him. When are you Bill fans gonna grow up?? I don't ever see you say a word about TD, but the Ex-Bill players don't have a problem placing blame where it's due, thank you for the facts Pat Williams. The Bill's have sucked since the early 90's but you clowns act like it's all Mike Mularkey. Thanks to him the Bills had at least one wiining season in the lats 15 years. Talk about cry babies, Bill fans are as bitter as a woman scorn, you refuse to blame the talent on your team. Well you're 1-3 and scare nobody, who's fault is that??? Who cares!!!

I agree that TD was the biggest problem, but the Bills have only really been bad since 2000. Since the early 90s? 15 years? Get your history straight man!
Bills' Record Since 1990:
1990 13 3 0 1st AFC East Won Divisional Playoffs (Dolphins), Won Conference Championship (L.A. Raiders), Lost Super Bowl XXV (Giants)
1991 13 3 0 1st AFC East Won Divisional Playoffs (Chiefs)
Won Conference Championship (Broncos)
Lost Super Bowl XXVI (Redskins)
1992 11 5 0 2nd AFC East Won Wild Card Playoffs (Oilers)
Won Divisional Playoffs (Steelers)
Won Conference Championship (Dolphins)
Lost Super Bowl XXVII (Cowboys)
1993 12 4 0 1st AFC East Won Divisional Playoffs (L.A. Raiders)
Won Conference Championship (Chiefs)
Lost Super Bowl XXVIII (Cowboys)
1994 7 9 0 4th AFC East --
1995 10 6 0 1st AFC East Won Wild Card Playoffs (Dolphins)
Lost Divisional Playoffs (Steelers)
1996 10 6 0 2nd AFC East Lost Wild Card Playoffs (Jaguars)
1997 6 10 0 4th AFC East --
1998 10 6 0 3rd AFC East Lost Wild Card Playoffs (Dolphins)
1999 11 5 0 2nd AFC East Lost Wild Card Playoffs (Titans)
2000 8 8 0 4th AFC East --
2001 3 13 0 5th AFC East --
2002 8 8 0 4th AFC East --
2003 6 10 0 3rd AFC East --
2004 9 7 0 3rd AFC East --
2005 5 11 0 3rd AFC East --
*2006 1 2 0 T-4th AFC East --

Marino13Phins
09-29-2006, 11:11 AM
I don't take that as crying, not because I'm a dolphins fan. He is being a good coach and defending his players.

dplus47
09-29-2006, 11:40 AM
Poised coaches STFU in front of the media, and let the team's performance prove the naysayers wrong. Like Marv always says, "let your actions speak so loudly that people can't hear what you're saying."

Saban is acting like the college coach who's in over his head that he really is.

as good a coach as marv was, did he show that his way is the only way to do it?

dolphan117
09-29-2006, 11:52 AM
Here is the complete out take on the Randy question from the PC. It makes more sense if you read it in context. I find it funny that the writer at the Palm Beach Post chose not to actuall include what promted the tirade in his little article.

(On Randy McMichael’s lack of involvement in the passing game) –“Randy’s involved. It’s all the same thing. We don’t control what happens on the field sometimes. Randy’s number gets called. He’s open. The ball doesn’t get to him whether we get sacked, pressured, can’t get it to him or don’t throw it well to him. Then at the end of the day he only has two catches instead of four or five and you guys have something to write about. The fact of the matter is, we did compete better in the game. Randy played really well in the game. He really played well in the game, maybe his best game he’s played in a long time. He blocked well. He ran good routes. He was in position to make plays. When things fall into place, some of these guys are going to start making plays. As always, you guys evaluate it on stats and results. You don’t know how he blocked. He’s a tight end. He did a lot of good things in the game, therefore he has to read about how he’s not involved and get frustrated and all upset. Basically, we’d like to be able to decide how well he played. He’s on the ‘War Daddy’ board this week for the way he competed in the game. The guy really played well, but because he didn’t catch five passes and catch one down the middle, you guys think he played bad, but I’m saying he didn’t play bad and that’s what counts.”

Media: Glad I asked.

“I’m glad you did too because I’ve been wanting to get that off my chest for awhile. Do you want to ask another one because I have some other things I want to get off my chest? You guys are not going to take the game away from the players. They played their hearts out in this game and for them to have to read about what they can’t do – it’s a little frustrating for me because they’ve responded and did what we asked them to do. It might not have been pretty but they did a good job and they won the game. Everybody should know that. That’s how I feel and I’m proud as hell of them. Do you want to ask another bad question? Ask it, because I’m about ready to jump on somebody’s ….”

(On McMichael being frustrated because of reading negative news) –“I didn’t say that. I’m just saying he has to read it. I didn’t say he did read it. He didn’t say anything to me. He had a great practice today. He did a good job today, but there’s a lot of bad information out there, as always.”

(So he’s not frustrated) –“No. He played well. If he was frustrated he wouldn’t have played so well. I thought he played great. He did a great job on the bench at trying to get everybody together on the last drive. He’s doing well. We really love him. You guys can hate him all you want. You can write badly about him. You can do whatever you want. We love him. ‘Loves ‘em’. You know what ‘loves ‘em’ means? ‘Loves ‘em.’”
The rest of the PC (http://www.miamidolphins.com/newsite/news/top_story.asp?contentID=4766&lid=4766)

Mr. Miyagi
09-29-2006, 11:52 AM
as good a coach as marv was, did he show that his way is the only way to do it?
No but Wanny clearly showed that crying is not the way to do it.

Mr. Miyagi
09-29-2006, 11:55 AM
We really love him. We love him. ‘Loves ‘em’. You know what ‘loves ‘em’ means? ‘Loves ‘em.’”
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.............................

dplus47
09-29-2006, 12:03 PM
No but Wanny clearly showed that crying is not the way to do it.

if you see any similarities between saban and wanny, you clearly haven't paid much attention to either one.

feelthepain
09-29-2006, 12:28 PM
Because he whines and cries like a crybaby LOL.

Poised coaches don't need to "stand up" for his players by acting all tough and venting at press conferences about how unfair the media is treating his team, and how proud of his team he is because they played their best and that's what counted.

I'll just say to everyone who reads this trash, consider the source. I do! You never coached a football game a day in your life, much less a pro football game and you have the nerve to judge someone who does?!?!?!? BTW, wrong froum for this bitter betty.

Mr. Miyagi
09-29-2006, 12:53 PM
BTW, wrong froum for this bitter betty.
Actually I'd say you're in the wrong forum as a Dolphins apologist.

feelthepain
09-29-2006, 01:56 PM
Actually I'd say you're in the wrong forum as a Dolphins apologist.

Hmmm, really??? I'm a member here, just like you. See, this is a football site, used for discussing football. You're not discussing football with this thread, you're trash talking, and trash talking belongs in the smack forum along with this thread.

mysticsoto
09-29-2006, 02:29 PM
Hmmm, really??? I'm a member here, just like you. See, this is a football site, used for discussing football. You're not discussing football with this thread, you're trash talking, and trash talking belongs in the smack forum along with this thread.

Let's be more precise...this is a Bills' football site. We discuss other football news as an aside, but people here will care MOSTLY about the Bills.

That being said, I'm glad you are over your dramatic and desperate loss to us. Good to see the pills are working again...

Typ0
09-29-2006, 03:09 PM
I'm not really sure where the whining is...

dolphan117
09-29-2006, 03:44 PM
I think one could accuse Saban of having a short temper and consistantly abusing the local media but I dont know that I have ever heard him whine.

!Papacrunk!
09-29-2006, 06:18 PM
ahh the benefit of the internet and message boards--the place where people possess the courage to express opinions about things and people that they would probably never do in real life face to face. We all do it. Gotta love that freedom.