PDA

View Full Version : Belichick Talks About Paying Off Officials

DynaPaul
09-28-2006, 05:02 PM
Who's this guy to talk about paying off officials?

"Tell him we'd cover him one-on-one all the time, but he pushes off more than any receiver in the league," Belichick said with a grin. "He must be paying off the officials not to call it, so we're going to have to double-cover him some. ... Not that he can get open."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ak8YN7HZLyfO8WzLA7zfg4JDubYF?slug=ap-patriots-bengals-belichick-trashtalk&prov=ap&type=lgns

Carlton Bailey
09-28-2006, 05:07 PM
That comment made me sick. Belichick is the devil.

How can the Patriots have the gall to complain about officiating at all? I hope CJ burns your team, Belichick. You suck.

YardRat
09-28-2006, 05:07 PM
I thought comments like that about the officials were fine-able offenses?

Mitchy moo
09-28-2006, 05:19 PM
I thought comments like that about the officials were fine-able offenses?

it is.

Tatonka
09-28-2006, 05:46 PM
did you guys read the article??

clearly, belichick was just joking.. chill out.. lol

Forward_Lateral
09-28-2006, 06:44 PM
Some people have no ability to sense sarcasm.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2006, 07:00 PM
did you guys read the article??

clearly, belichick was just joking.. chill out.. lol

Yeah, but coming from Bellichek it's ridiculous. This guy has gotten more calls than anyone on the planet. The Raiders game is one that comes to mind.

Mitchy moo
09-28-2006, 07:27 PM
that was a gift wasn't hh?

Bill Brasky
09-28-2006, 08:31 PM
"Tell him we'd cover him one-on-one all the time, but he pushes off more than any receiver in the league," Belichick said with a grin. "He must be paying off the officials not to call it, so we're going to have to double-cover him some. ... Not that he can get open."

He's one to talk with all the crap his teams have gotten away with the past 5 years. He's a bigger two-faced ***** than my exgf.

Coach Sal
09-28-2006, 10:13 PM
One of the things the guy gets hammered for is his lack of personality.

Here, he finally shows he has a sense of humor, and all peope want to do is hammer him.

He also called CJ an "entertaining kid" with a "good sense of humor." He was clearly having some fun with Johnson - who by the way started the trash talking in the first place.

The NFL would be an even better place if more coaches relaxed and chilled out a little when they talked to the media and had some fun with this kind of stuff.

Michael82
09-28-2006, 10:13 PM
:ill:

billsburgh
09-28-2006, 10:56 PM
I hope Chad Johnson has a huge day for 2 reasons. First, so they beat the patsies and second, I have him on my fantasy team.

mybills
09-29-2006, 06:55 AM
Sounds like a confession! :evil:

don137
09-29-2006, 07:06 AM
Bellicheck was kidding but he did it in a way to get his message across to the officials to watch for the pushing off...
Is it just me or is Tom Brady turning into another Marino. Everytime I watch the Patriots and the slightest thing that may be a questionnable call Brady starts whining like a little school kid to the officials much like Marino did. For as many calls that goes there way it is amazing Brady could whine to the officials as much as he does.

mybills
09-29-2006, 07:18 AM
it's not just you.

jamze132
09-29-2006, 07:57 AM
Wow, everyone on here is complaing about Belichick. He was obviously joking, and if you actually read the article, you might find out that he and Johnson go back a little bit. As well as Harrison and Samuel. It;s just friends trash talking, nothing more.

don137
09-29-2006, 08:00 AM
Wow, everyone on here is complaing about Belichick. He was obviously joking, and if you actually read the article, you might find out that he and Johnson go back a little bit. As well as Harrison and Samuel. It;s just friends trash talking, nothing more.
While he was joking he was also getting his message across to the officials. If you think Bellicheck won't point it out to the officials during the game as well your crazy. They may be friends and respect for each other but when they come out of the tunnel on Sunday friendships are thrown asside for the next 3 hours.

mybills
09-29-2006, 08:05 AM
I don't care if he was joking..isn't the guilty person usually the one doing the accusing? :evil:

DynaPaul
09-29-2006, 01:56 PM
I know that Belichick was joking but come on... Him cracking jokes about people getting over on the officiating is like Hitler telling a Holocaust joke.

STAMPY
10-01-2006, 08:29 AM
He's one to talk with all the crap his teams have gotten away with the past 5 years. He's a bigger two-faced ***** than my exgf.

that isn't nice to say about jennifer!

Bill Brasky
10-04-2006, 10:20 PM
that isn't nice to say about jennifer!

you know it to be true.