• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

donte = class

When this kids speaks it reeks of class, I love it. This is a character guy and well worth the first pick. Mario williams is building up for a sack, he should get it by Nov. they said, lol.

On winning the NFL Defensive Rookie of the month award

I just found out. It’s a great honor to get, but I’d rather be 3-0 right now. I’m going to go out there and give it my all next month also and the rest of the season and see what happens.

On if this vindicates the Bills pick

They picked me and I’m glad they picked me, but I still want to go out there and prove other people were wrong and prove the Bills made the right choice.
  • Carlton Bailey

Re: donte = class

I need his jersey.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

I was gonna get his jersey, but i figured everyone and their mother would be walking around the stadium with one within the next few weeks (ala McGahee) so I went out on a limb and got me a Ko Simpson, who I think will be even BETTER than Whitner, who I think will be great too.

The morale of this story is I think we have TWO future pro bowl safeties.

Great job on that Marv

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

We should be set at safety for at least a few years...Donte sounds older than his age. How refreshing.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          I was gonna get his jersey, but i figured everyone and their mother would be walking around the stadium with one within the next few weeks (ala McGahee) so I went out on a limb and got me a Ko Simpson, who I think will be even BETTER than Whitner, who I think will be great too.

Great job on that Marv
          That's a great choice, Pat. Nobody has Ko's jersey but he's gonna be great. Very unconventional, very smart.

Comment

• Turf
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
            They picked me and I’m glad they picked me, but I still want to go out there and prove other people were wrong and prove the Bills made the right choice.

Reaks of Thurman doesn't he. I love it.
            Now that's a real football player with class, drive and ability. We don't have enough like him. When I compare other players and am critical, that's what I'm looking for, and that's what we don't see enough of.
            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Turf
              Reaks of Thurman doesn't he. I love it.
              Now that's a real football player with class, drive and ability. We don't have enough like him. When I compare other players and am critical, that's what I'm looking for, and that's what we don't see enough of.
              Lets hope Whitner doesnt start calling himself the Michael Jordan of safeties.

Anybody who remembers Thurm knows what Im talking about.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Turf
                • Jul 2002

Ya but Thurm was the greatest RB in the NFL for several straight years and argueably the best Buffalo Bill player of all time with only Jimbo and Bruce in the running for the title. The more I look back on the success of the Bills, the more I realize what we lack is not the QB as much, but the RB. Though I have to give Kelly the nod as the greatest Bill of all time, followed by Bruce, Thurm then Andre. Another topic for another thread.
                But what Thermal did in his day as you look back on it now was nothing short of amazing.
                Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

I like Whitner, hopefully he pans out on the field like he does off the field.

Comment

• billsburgh
                    • Jul 2003

Great job on that Marv

Comment

• billsburgh
                      • Jul 2003

Anybody who remembers Thurm knows what Im talking about.
                      I loved Thurman as a player but didnt really like him as a person. The one time that I saw him in person, he was pretty rude.

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Turf
                        Ya but Thurm was the greatest RB in the NFL for several straight years and argueably the best Buffalo Bill player of all time with only Jimbo and Bruce in the running for the title. The more I look back on the success of the Bills, the more I realize what we lack is not the QB as much, but the RB. Though I have to give Kelly the nod as the greatest Bill of all time, followed by Bruce, Thurm then Andre. Another topic for another thread.
                        But what Thermal did in his day as you look back on it now was nothing short of amazing.
                        OJ hater!
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                          I like Whitner, hopefully he pans out on the field like he does off the field.
                          So far, so good. One thing I like about this kid is he has a humble way but with confidence. I think the character thing really went a long way here.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

i got an authentic travis henry jersey, and had a new name bar put on.. i decided to go with my own name, since it is an authentic and i dont want to have to get rid of it.. but it is still number 20 regardless and it is sweet as hell.

i wouldnt say that whitner reeks of "class".. i would say that he is comes across as cocky.. it actually kind of irritates me how he has said a couple times now.. "playing at ohio state was no different than playing in the nfl"..

but whatever.. i like the kid and he seems like he is going to be a great player.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

What if he starts referring to himself in the third person?

Comment

Working...
                              X