PDA

View Full Version : Expansion to New York City?

BILLSROCK1212
09-28-2006, 08:44 PM
Do you think that since the only team that actually plays in New york is the Bills and since NYC hasnt had a team since prob the late 70s not so sure just a guess but do you think that a team will move there other tthan the Giants or Jets or the NFL will expand there even if two other football teams are across the Hudson

The NHL has a team on Long Island in NYC and in New Jersey y cnt the most popular sport in America do something like that?

LtBillsFan66
09-28-2006, 08:45 PM
:dance:

YardRat
09-28-2006, 08:47 PM
I doubt very highly the Jets and Giants would allow another NFL team into their region.

SABURZFAN
09-28-2006, 08:57 PM
aren't the Jets moving to new york soon anyways?i thought New York City was building a stadium for them.

jets526
09-28-2006, 09:00 PM
nope.. we are combining with the Giants to build a new stadium at the Meadowlands

SABURZFAN
09-28-2006, 09:05 PM
change their respective teams to New Jersey then if they're not going to play in New York then.

G. Host
09-28-2006, 09:12 PM
change their respective teams to New Jersey then if they're not going to play in New York then.

Bills do not play in Buffalo either. NY never meant NYS just NY metroplian area.

CuseJetsFan83
09-29-2006, 12:43 AM
the jets and giants may have started off in NYC, but they are just reflections of the metro areas, even though they play in jersey.

as far as a team playing in LI...... if anyteam had a chance it would have been the jets because of their preseason camp being at hofstra, but um, yeah that aint happening because the jets and giants signed an agreement for the expansion plan at the meadowlands, which will supposedly give up the giants stadium aspect of it, and make it more neutral

DynaPaul
09-29-2006, 01:59 PM
I've been saying for a long time that they should build a new stadium in the Poughkeepsie area. It's midway between Albany and NYC and there's not much around the area. They could easily buy a plot of land and build an exit off of I87. Then they'd actually be able to put NY on their helmets for real.

Typ0
09-29-2006, 02:41 PM
I've been saying for a long time that they should build a new stadium in the Poughkeepsie area. It's midway between Albany and NYC and there's not much around the area. They could easily buy a plot of land and build an exit off of I87. Then they'd actually be able to put NY on their helmets for real.

great idea building a stadium 100 miles away from everything.

Billscusey
09-29-2006, 03:07 PM
Somehow, having the NEW YORK Jets and Giants in NEW JERSEY, and yet still calling them teams from New York sounds rediculous. What's wrong with calling them New Jersey Jets/Giants? Sure, they are in the same local area, but so is Toronto for the Buffalo Bills, but somehow I think the Bills faithful would be quite pissed if the team moved to Toronto, yet kept the name "Buffalo" Bills!

(Not that I'm saying that I want the team to move EVER, just using it as an example!)

Typ0
09-29-2006, 03:19 PM
business and government data is analyzed based on DMA's and MSA's. These teams are in the New York Metropolitan area. That portion of New Jersey is what it is because of opportunities downsate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_metropolitan_area

since all of the marketing $$$ are categorized based on the MSA's and DMA's I don't see a problem with calling them the New York Jets and Giants even though they are in New Jersey when they play their home games...geographical boundries aren't as important.

BILLSROCK1212
09-29-2006, 03:35 PM
How bout the New York/New Jersey Giants/Jets like the former XFL team the New York/New Jersey Hitmen.

THATHURMANATOR
09-29-2006, 04:09 PM
Do you think that since the only team that actually plays in New york is the Bills and since NYC hasnt had a team since prob the late 70s not so sure just a guess but do you think that a team will move there other tthan the Giants or Jets or the NFL will expand there even if two other football teams are across the Hudson

The NHL has a team on Long Island in NYC and in New Jersey y cnt the most popular sport in America do something like that?
NO this is crazy talk.

SABURZFAN
09-29-2006, 04:34 PM
Bills do not play in Buffalo either.

at least they play in the same county.

TacklingDummy
09-29-2006, 04:53 PM
Do the players pay NYS taxes? Does NY get any money from the property tax on the Meadowlands? Are the Giants/Jets headquarters in NY? Does the owners of the Giants/Jets pay any type of tax to NY? And most importantly, do the Jets/Giants play in NY?

They are the NJ Jets/Giants. The only reason they are called NY is for merchandising purposes.

Typ0
09-29-2006, 05:17 PM
Do the players pay NYS taxes? Does NY get any money from the property tax on the Meadowlands? Are the Giants/Jets headquarters in NY? Does the owners of the Giants/Jets pay any type of tax to NY? And most importantly, do the Jets/Giants play in NY?

They are the NJ Jets/Giants. The only reason they are called NY is for merchandising purposes.

Both of those teams are traditional NY Teams and have a long history being based in NY. The only reason they are in NJ is because that's where the stadium was built.

DynaPaul
10-04-2006, 02:58 PM
great idea building a stadium 100 miles away from everything.

Wouldn't be much different than what the Patriots did.