PDA

View Full Version : new logo up on the jumbotron

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-28-2006, 10:38 PM
I was at the open practice tonight and the mad cow that was up on top of the scoreboard that smoked has been replaced with the new buffalo logo.

Michael82
09-29-2006, 12:03 AM
:puke:

SkateZilla
09-29-2006, 08:28 AM
lemme Guess, when we score it drops slime out of the bottom of the logo? :respect:

Philagape
09-29-2006, 09:19 AM
The mad cow looked a LOT more like a buffalo than the slug

SkateZilla
09-29-2006, 11:42 AM
Source: http://sabresfans.proboards66.com/index.cgi?board=Sabres&action=display&thread=1159483497&page=2

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n240/steph3930/Sabres%20scrimmage%20Sept%2028/100_1975.jpg

:respect:

Michael82
09-29-2006, 11:49 AM
Source: http://sabresfans.proboards66.com/index.cgi?board=Sabres&action=display&thread=1159483497&page=2

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n240/steph3930/Sabres%20scrimmage%20Sept%2028/100_1975.jpg

:respect:
Oh God! My eyes..... :ill: :puke:

Damn you, Larry Quinn! Damn you all to hell!!! :mad:

Philagape
09-29-2006, 11:51 AM
Looking at it up close, I see the horns are two different colors! :ill:

Michael82
09-29-2006, 11:52 AM
yeah, they ****ed up where the colors were filled in. :ill:

:puke:

JD
09-29-2006, 01:05 PM
the two diff horns are from a design standpoint, look at it this way. if that other horn was white, it would look more like a unicorn then the slug.

it still sucks.

is it just me or didnt hsbc..or the marine midland logo have a little design thing over their letters that sort of resembles the slug?

SabreEleven
09-29-2006, 04:49 PM

They were always two different colors on the new logo.

BlackMetalNinja
09-29-2006, 05:08 PM
Duh, didn't you know that the backside of a Raccoon Buffaslug's horns are yellow??

Nighthawk
09-29-2006, 05:35 PM
The mad cow looked a LOT more like a buffalo than the slug

Neither logo looks much like a Buffalo...

Philagape
09-29-2006, 05:36 PM
They were always two different colors on the new logo.

But I hadn't noticed it before. I couldn't stand to look at it that long.

Philagape
09-29-2006, 05:37 PM
the two diff horns are from a design standpoint, look at it this way. if that other horn was white, it would look more like a unicorn then the slug.

A unicorn would be just as close to a buffalo as a slug.

And they shouldn't have designed it so it needed two different-colored horns

SkateZilla
09-29-2006, 09:52 PM

The Yellow Swerve ont eh Right Side of the Head isnt a Horn, its the Fonzie Hair Gel Look, Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

im4bflo
09-29-2006, 10:40 PM
... and the moral is, it SUCKS!
It will always suck to the fans that have seen them skate in their original blue and gold years. I HATE that DAMN thing!

BlackMetalNinja
09-30-2006, 05:27 AM
... and the moral is, it SUCKS!
It will always suck to the fans that have seen them skate in their original blue and gold years. I HATE that DAMN thing!

Gee.. really??? You don't say? I couldn't f'n tell from every single post you've made in the past month!!!! Seriously, we understand you don't like it, you don't need to remind us every day in every thread. Unfortunately the word of im4bflo probably won't get the organization to change it, so you might as well face facts and at least enjoy the damn hockey aspect... Last time I checked most people cheered for a TEAM not a LOGO.

Nighthawk
09-30-2006, 01:55 PM
Gee.. really??? You don't say? I couldn't f'n tell from every single post you've made in the past month!!!! Seriously, we understand you don't like it, you don't need to remind us every day in every thread. Unfortunately the word of im4bflo probably won't get the organization to change it, so you might as well face facts and at least enjoy the damn hockey aspect... Last time I checked most people cheered for a TEAM not a LOGO.

Well said and right on the mark! :clap:

SpillerThrills
09-30-2006, 04:18 PM

:goodpost: Could not have said it better!:fab2:

The_Philster
09-30-2006, 04:28 PM
Neither logo looks much like a Buffalo...
I disagree..the "goat head" looks like an angry and somewhat slimmed down buffalo

im4bflo
09-30-2006, 10:28 PM
Go wear your yellow slug ninja panties, we anti-slugs need a laugh.

pyrrhonist
10-01-2006, 02:38 AM
Didn't we just have a discussion a few days ago about not needing more threads either praising or bashing the new logo? :down:

BlackMetalNinja
10-01-2006, 05:06 AM
Go wear your yellow slug ninja panties, we anti-slugs need a laugh.

If you paid any attention to the boards, you'd notice I don't like the logo either, but you're too busy ignoring the content of every thread and just spewing out the same crap about how terrible the logo is.

It's gotten really old really fast, we can't have a single thread discussing the season, which starts in 3 days, without you whining like a 5 year old. Take your ball and go home already and let the rest of us enjoy discussing our hockey TEAM instead of the damn logo.

redeye5
10-01-2006, 08:40 AM
BREAKING NEWS.........(AP) The Jumbotron falls again!

According to HSBC Arena Officials the collaspe was due to 4 giant slugs being placed on top of the scoreboard to honor Donald Trumps' visit to Buffalo later this week...more to follow....
http://encyclopedia.quickseek.com/images/Hockeyrink.jpg
http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2004/07/29/trump+hawkins_wideweb__430x335.jpg

im4bflo
10-01-2006, 11:27 AM
If you paid any attention to the boards, you'd notice I don't like the logo either, but you're too busy ignoring the content of every thread and just spewing out the same crap about how terrible the logo is.

It's gotten really old really fast, we can't have a single thread discussing the season, which starts in 3 days, without you whining like a 5 year old. Take your ball and go home already and let the rest of us enjoy discussing our hockey TEAM instead of the damn logo.
The logo is a hockey topic, and I'll talk about it as much as I want Judge Judy!
I don't like looking at your 5 year old ninja crap either, but I'm not whining about it. You take your ball and stop answering my posts if you don't like it, that would take care of it, wouldn't it?! I'll be talking about the team, but the new logo was the hot topic of the preseason, you sound like I'm the only one who thinks like I do, this slug thing is far from over, so just ignore it, and go back to playing ninja.
GO SABRES!

SkateZilla
10-01-2006, 03:26 PM
BREAKING NEWS.........(AP) The Jumbotron falls again!

According to HSBC Arena Officials the collaspe was due to 4 giant slugs being placed on top of the scoreboard to honor Donald Trumps' visit to Buffalo later this week...more to follow....
http://encyclopedia.quickseek.com/images/Hockeyrink.jpg
http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2004/07/29/trump+hawkins_wideweb__430x335.jpg

Umm, Dont Joke about that..... End of Discussion (about jumbotrons falling)

AS for the Thread itself, nothing wrong with it, informative, lol, the slug looks like its Ziplocked and Vacuum Sealed though... lol..:respect: