• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

For the record, about Culpepper

A lot of Dolphins fans seem to think Culpepper is going to return to his ProBowl form, "with or without Moss", when he recovers from his injury 100%.

Let's take a look at his "with or without Moss" stats:

With Moss (2000-2004)
    Average 25.8 TDs, 14.8 INTs, 92.78 QB rating

Without Moss (2005)
    6 TDs, 12 INTs, 72 QB rating (in 7 games)

Any questions?
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Re: For the record, about Culpepper

The Culpepper we've seen this year is a lot closer to what he really is than the Culpepper we saw a few years ago in Minny.

He always had a penchant for fumbling and being careless with the football, even when he had Moss.

Moss just changed the entire complexion of that offense and helped Daunte so much. His presence opened the field for other WR's (giving DC a chance to complete throws), as well as created a little more running room for Culpepper - especially near the goal line where Moss was so dangerous with him.
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

I said it all off-season that Culpepper looked HORRIBLE last year, which was cause enough for concern. Add the injury and he's cooked.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Coach Sal
        The Culpepper we've seen this year is a lot closer to what he really is than the Culpepper we saw a few years ago in Minny.

He always had a penchant for fumbling and being careless with the football, even when he had Moss.

Moss just changed the entire complexion of that offense and helped Daunte so much. His presence opened the field for other WR's (giving DC a chance to complete throws), as well as created a little more running room for Culpepper - especially near the goal line where Moss was so dangerous with him.
        I agree. Without a decent OL and a gamebreaking WR, Culpepper is being exposed for what he really is, as evident this season thus far.

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

Culpepper is almost as overratted as Vick
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• dplus47
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
            A lot of Dolphins fans seem to think Culpepper is going to return to his ProBowl form, "with or without Moss", when he recovers from his injury 100%.

Let's take a look at his "with or without Moss" stats:

With Moss (2000-2004)
            Average 25.8 TDs, 14.8 INTs, 92.78 QB rating

Without Moss (2005)

Any questions?
            did randy moss play every game from 2000-2004? i seem to recall his being injured for a good stretch during c-pep's best year, but i'm sure you'll fill me in on the reality of that situation.

how is randy moss looking without culpepper? i'm sure you'll be able to fill me in on why that isn't working out as well as it should be, because randy is clearly able to carry a team, right?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Coach Sal

that's why i call him The Turnover Machine.
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by dplus47
                how is randy moss looking without culpepper? i'm sure you'll be able to fill me in on why that isn't working out as well as it should be, because randy is clearly able to carry a team, right?
                Moss went to a new team in a new system under new coaches altogether, whereas Culpepper had the same OL and coaches and everything, including all the receivers he's played with before. Moss was the only variable and it showed that he was the difference.

Comment

• dplus47
                  • Sep 2005

Moss went to a new team in a new system under new coaches altogether, whereas Culpepper had the same OL and coaches and everything, including all the receivers he's played with before. Moss was the only variable and it showed that he was the difference.
                  moss was the ONLY variable? you do know that culpepper had a new system as well, and that linehan went to miami last year, right? you're just trying to trick me...

so what did it mean when c-pep played well in moss' absence? the year before he left, moss was out and gimpy a lot.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

so what did it mean when c-pep played well in moss' absence? the year before he left, moss was out and gimpy a lot.
                    Really? According to Moss' stats, in that "gimpy" year he played 13 games and caught 13 TDs. That couldn't have affected Culpepper's stats could it?

Comment

• dplus47
                      • Sep 2005

Really? According to Moss' stats, in that "gimpy" year he played 13 games and caught 13 TDs. That couldn't have affected Culpepper's stats could it?
                      look at his game-by-game stats. look at c-pep's game-by-game stats. do you remember that year at all?

and what about systems? or are they irrelevant now that c-pep and moss both had new systems?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

look at his game-by-game stats. look at c-pep's game-by-game stats. do you remember that year at all?

and what about systems? or are they irrelevant now that c-pep and moss both had new systems?
                        Please elaborate instead of asking rhetorical questions as your responses.

What about the game-by-game stats? How does that support your argument? And how do you discount those 13 TDs by Moss?

Comment

• dplus47
                          • Sep 2005

so daunte passes for 4717 yards and 39 TD's and moss catches for 767 yards and 13 TD's. i'd take c-pep's numbers minus moss.

here's a link to a page with the game-by-game. moss caught passes in 11 games that year. you gotta scroll down (sorry, i'm working):

Comment

• dplus47
                            • Sep 2005

here's a non-rhetorical question:

since both guys played in new systems in 2005, do systems matter anymore in your mind, or do they only matter for moss?

and another one:

randy's worst statistical year corresponds to daunte's best statistical year. how does this support the crux of the thread?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

so daunte passes for 4717 yards and 39 TD's and moss catches for 767 yards and 13 TD's. i'd take c-pep's numbers minus moss.
                              You did.

Without Moss (2005)

Comment

Working...
                              X