PDA

View Full Version : ESPN.com: Spikes To Miss Third Strait Game

gr8slayer
09-29-2006, 05:38 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2607586

SABURZFAN
09-29-2006, 05:43 PM
like i said before,his best days were in cincinatti.

gr8slayer
09-29-2006, 05:43 PM
like i said before,his best days were in cincinatti.
Back it up.

Devin
09-29-2006, 05:44 PM
Damnit.

Ah well least Ellison will get more time.

gr8slayer
09-29-2006, 05:45 PM
Damnit.

Ah well least Ellison will get more time.
True, and Ellison going by stats has looked just as impressive as any rookie, even Hawk.

HHURRICANE
09-29-2006, 05:46 PM
Back it up.

Well, he hasn't been on the field for a year and we are paying him so that's a good start to "backing it up."

SABURZFAN
09-29-2006, 05:46 PM
Back it up.

what's he done since 2005?

gr8slayer
09-29-2006, 05:47 PM
what's he done since 2005?
Been injured?

SABURZFAN
09-29-2006, 05:48 PM
Been injured?

can you say fred taylor?

gr8slayer
09-29-2006, 05:50 PM
can you say fred taylor?
Injuries are just part of the game. Have you never played sports? When he does play he is a force on the field.

SABURZFAN
09-29-2006, 06:01 PM
Injuries are just part of the game. Have you never played sports? When he does play he is a force on the field.

ahhhh....but we can sit here and bash culpepper about his injury,call him overrated,etc... and it's ok.thanks for the info. :up:

gr8slayer
09-29-2006, 06:01 PM
ahhhh....but we can sit here and bash culpepper about his injury,call him overrated,etc... and it's ok.thanks for the info. :up:
When have I ever bashed Culpepper?

SABURZFAN
09-29-2006, 06:06 PM
When have I ever bashed Culpepper?

you may not have.i don't know.i say we meaning Bills fans.i say something about one of our players and you want to start an argument.sorry Slappy,i not turning this into a p!$$!ng contest.i don't have to answer to any jerkoff because he/she doesn't agree with my opinion.

gr8slayer
09-29-2006, 06:10 PM
you may not have.i don't know.i say we meaning Bills fans.i say something about one of our players and you want to start an argument.sorry Slappy,i not turning this into a p!$$!ng contest.i don't have to answer to any jerkoff because he/she doesn't agree with my opinion.
You are the one attempting to turn this into a pissing contest. I am simply trying to understand your point of view. I can admit when one of our players is not performing well, just read my breaking down of the Jets game.

Spikes is not on the decline.

SABURZFAN
09-29-2006, 06:13 PM
You are the one attempting to turn this into a pissing contest.

no.i gave an answer,you questioned it,and i told you that i don't have to answer to any jerkoff who disagrees with me.who's trying to turn this into a fiasco now?

Iehoshua
09-29-2006, 06:35 PM
Darth Ellison?

Darth Angelo?

Darth Crowell?

I like Darth Angelo out of those...

:D

SABURZFAN
09-29-2006, 06:39 PM
Darth Ellison?

Darth Angelo?

Darth Crowell?

I like Darth Angelo out of those...

:D

Darth Digiorgio sounds good too. :up:

Carlton Bailey
09-29-2006, 06:40 PM
To the Spikes doubters...

Two healthy seasons in Buffalo -- 2 Pro Bowls, 1 All Pro selection

Five years in Cincy -- 0 Pro Bowls

Now he's hurt. Deal with it; don't trash the guy because he can't contribute while injured.

Mudflap1
09-29-2006, 06:44 PM
Darth London...

Jon

Iehoshua
09-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Darth Fletcher-Baker

:laughing:

SABURZFAN
09-29-2006, 06:57 PM
To the Spikes doubters...

Two healthy seasons in Buffalo -- 2 Pro Bowls, 1 All Pro selection

Five years in Cincy -- 0 Pro Bowls

Now he's hurt. Deal with it; don't trash the guy because he can't contribute while injured.

sam cowart was an animal before his injury too.he never got back to where he was.i don't think spikes will get back to the level he was at.it's amazing alone that he was able to come back from the injury he sustained.that would have ended a career to the average person.we can only wait and see.(for how long?who knows?)

JMO.....

SABURZFAN
09-29-2006, 06:57 PM
Darth Fletcher-Baker

:laughing:

Darth Stamer????how about Darth Haggan?

Iehoshua
09-29-2006, 07:12 PM
Not many Bills players worthy of being Sith Lords lately...

:(

paladin warrior
09-29-2006, 07:23 PM
How long he will be out? . :pound: He hurt last and he was out of season. Now this year he hurt again in the begin of the game....:injured: what happen If T.Spike hurt his legs again next year.

What about Bruce Smith. Does he hurt before?

SABURZFAN
09-29-2006, 07:26 PM
How long he will be out? Damn IT . :pound: He hurt last and he was out of season. Now this year he hurt again in the begin of the game....:injured: what happen If T.Spike hurt his legs again next year.

What about Bruce Smith. Does he hurt before?

ask the experts....

gr8slayer
09-29-2006, 07:40 PM
sam cowart was an animal before his injury too.he never got back to where he was.i don't think spikes will get back to the level he was at.it's amazing alone that he was able to come back from the injury he sustained.that would have ended a career to the average person.we can only wait and see.(for how long?who knows?)

JMO.....
Takeo Spikes and Sam Cowart are very different players with different diminsions of play.

SABURZFAN
09-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Takeo Spikes and Sam Cowart are very different players with different diminsions of play.

thank you Mel Kiper. :rolleyes:

M
09-29-2006, 08:09 PM
Look, if he can come back from an achilles rupture and surgery, he can come back from a hamstring injury. And when he does come back, he's going to be a monster!!!

ICE74129
09-29-2006, 08:17 PM
Look here is the REALITY of it, he WAS a very good OLB. the reality now is two three fold...
1) he will NEVER be the old TKO. We have been over this for over a year.

2) He is now starting the 30's

3) He is in no hurry to make it back. I said this in another post I think last week. He isn't happy here. Another HC, system etc. We are rebuilding and he is on his last leg as for as the NFL goes (injury/age) and he wants to at least play in the playoffs if not win a superbowl. It just isnt going to happen at the pace HE wants with this new bills team.

He is pissed veterans are being cut and he knows more is coming. I don't see TKO taking the field any time soon, and I don't see him here next year

ICE74129
09-29-2006, 08:18 PM
Takeo Spikes and Sam Cowart are very different players with different diminsions of play.Sorry GR8 the type of player doesn't matter. Both are LB's and a torn Achilles tendon is just that, a bad injury that you never come back 100% from

SABURZFAN
09-29-2006, 08:37 PM
Look here is the REALITY of it, he WAS a very good OLB. the reality now is two three fold...
1) he will NEVER be the old TKO. We have been over this for over a year.

2) He is now starting the 30's

3) He is in no hurry to make it back. I said this in another post I think last week. He isn't happy here. Another HC, system etc. We are rebuilding and he is on his last leg as for as the NFL goes (injury/age) and he wants to at least play in the playoffs if not win a superbowl. It just isnt going to happen at the pace HE wants with this new bills team.

He is pissed veterans are being cut and he knows more is coming. I don't see TKO taking the field any time soon, and I don't see him here next year

i don't see him in the Pro Bowl this year either.

X-Era
09-29-2006, 08:41 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2607586

Good thing that were paying millions to have our best player sit the bench for most of last year and all of this one so far.

Say what you will, TKO belongs on the field and this has hurt us BIG

onceproudbillsfan
09-29-2006, 08:46 PM
You guys forget the very first play he played this year he caused Tom Brady to fumble the ball on the first snap of the game. Yeah he hurt his hamy but give him time to let it heal. Last year his achielies was hurting and he took a chance a it costed him the rest of the season. He is not going to do the same thing with his hammy. Cut the guy some slack. He isnt prolonging getting back on the field because some veterans are getting cut. The guy loves playing and he isnt going to sacrifice the year like last year. He will play when he is 100% plain and simple.

SABURZFAN
09-29-2006, 08:56 PM
Look, if he can come back from an achilles rupture and surgery, he can come back from a hamstring injury. And when he does come back, he's going to be a monster!!!

the jury is still out on the achilles injury too.is it still bothering him???has he lost a step???we don't know.i think the first defensive play this season is masking a lot of questions.people are quick to point out his first two seasons here but the problem is that the injury happened in his THIRD year here.i hope you're right when you say that he's going to be a monster when he comes back.but in reality,he had one b!tch of an injury that MAY hamper him the rest of his career too.

TacklingDummy
09-29-2006, 08:59 PM
The Bills are rebuilding. By the time they are built, TKO won't be here anyways. They should just cut TKO and let Ellison get some valuable experience.

SABURZFAN
09-29-2006, 09:06 PM
The Bills are rebuilding. By the time they are built, TKO won't be here anyways. They should just cut TKO and let Ellison get some valuable experience.

that's where i disagree with you but you're entitled to your opinion.i'm not going to grill you about coming up with facts to back up your statement.if we all agreed on everything,it would be pointless to post anything on a message board.

TacklingDummy
09-29-2006, 09:09 PM
that's where i disagree with you but you're entitled to your opinion.i'm not going to grill you about coming up with facts to back up your statement.if we all agreed on everything,it would be pointless to post anything on a message board.

Was sarcasm anyways. :)

X-Era
09-29-2006, 09:13 PM

a monster thats good for about one quarter until he nurses some new injury.

Sorry but Id like my best players and especially my linebackers a bit tougher.

SABURZFAN
09-29-2006, 09:25 PM
a monster thats good for about one quarter until he nurses some new injury.

Sorry but Id like my best players and especially my linebackers a bit tougher.

uh oh....that's gonna draw some ire. :couch:

SABURZFAN
09-29-2006, 09:28 PM
Was sarcasm anyways. :)

gotcha... :up:

SquishDaFish
09-29-2006, 10:02 PM
Is it just me or are all of Palidans post hard to decipher? Either hes real young or doesnt know the English lang well.

gr8slayer
09-29-2006, 10:02 PM
Is it just me or are all of Palidans post hard to decipher? Either hes real young or doesnt know the English lang well.
Or he is a member of the board with two screen names trying to mess with people to get a laugh.

Mitchy moo
09-29-2006, 10:16 PM
Deal is you have to assess every player you have after each year and see how they fit via age, experience and health. If TKO can't pull his own weight, Marv and crew will toss them out. This is a business, nothing personal.

feelthepain
09-29-2006, 10:59 PM
I can admit when one of our players is not performing well, just read my breaking down of the Jets game.

Really??? How much of Buffalo's problems last year were the players fault???

Iehoshua
09-30-2006, 11:08 AM
Is it just me or are all of Palidans post hard to decipher?
He's clear as crystal to me. Very well spoken.

The_Philster
09-30-2006, 11:16 AM
He's from Japan....but I understand him just fine :idunno:

X-Era
09-30-2006, 11:24 AM
He's from Japan....but I understand him just fine :idunno:
56 thousand ZoneBucks. WOW Phil you trying to buy the Taj Mahal?

Move over Gates here comes Philster

I think you should pull a Virgin records owner and donate some of your ZB to preventing internet warming.

:laugh:

BillyT92679
09-30-2006, 11:25 AM
I don't fault Takeo, but I am quite worried. I understand not wanting to risk anything and that the NFL is a very violent game, but it's also the case that it isn't an 82 or 162 game season either... individual games mean a lot and not having him out there greatly diminishes the Bills' chances of winning. He was a great player. I don't know if he still is. But I'll never know if he is always inactive.

The_Philster
09-30-2006, 11:27 AM
56 thousand ZoneBucks. WOW Phil you trying to buy the Taj Mahal?

Move over Gates here comes Philster

I think you should pull a Virgin records owner and donate some of your ZB to preventing internet warming.

:laugh:
I'm still only the 20th Richest Zoner :idunno: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/vbplaza.php?do=richestusers

X-Era
09-30-2006, 11:29 AM
I'm still only the 20th Richest Zoner :idunno: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/vbplaza.php?do=richestusers

Better than me.

We should be able to earn our way to becoming a MOD with a certain number of ZB's that would be kinda cool.

I think Id like to give the MOD thing a try and become a keeper of the TOS faith.

The_Philster
09-30-2006, 11:36 AM
Better than me.

We should be able to earn our way to becoming a MOD with a certain number of ZB's that would be kinda cool.

I think Id like to give the MOD thing a try and become a keeper of the TOS faith.
Considering who ranks at #4 on that list not no but hell :no:

X-Era
09-30-2006, 11:44 AM
Considering who ranks at #4 on that list not no but hell :no:

That son of a beach Enyart. Wait, why are we ticked at Enyart?

How about earning enough rep to become a MOD? At least that way you KNOW you have to be doing something right to get enough rep points.

I agree, we probably have some of our top 5 on that lists turning tricks on the server to stockpile ZB's

The_Philster
09-30-2006, 11:47 AM

How about earning enough rep to become a MOD? At least that way you KNOW you have to be doing something right to get enough rep points.

I agree, we probably have some of our top 5 on that lists turning tricks on the server to stockpile ZB's
If you don't venture out of the Bills forum much, you don't know him very well...and rep doesn't mean much either...EE was in the red and magically got lifted out of it

Mitchy moo
09-30-2006, 12:41 PM

I from the rep standpoint, will not be a MOD for a long, long time.