PDA

View Full Version : Young to make first start against Dallas

Mitchy moo
09-30-2006, 09:05 PM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Rookie quarterback Vince Young will make his first NFL start for the Tennessee Titans on Sunday against the Dallas Cowboys.
The first quarterback taken in this year’s draft at No. 3 overall, Young had spot duty in the Titans’ first two games. But the winless Titans are 0-3 and hoping the quarterback who led Texas to the national title in January can provide a spark to their offense.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15078494/

dolphan117
09-30-2006, 09:50 PM
Well I guess being 0 and 3 they might as well start letting their future qb start geting in his knocks and learing by fire. Its not like Collins is going to lead them anywhere.

Mitchy moo
09-30-2006, 09:55 PM
It's good for Buffalo, he'll be learning while we take them down.

dolphan117
09-30-2006, 10:21 PM
You guys dont play him untill youre 15th game of the season so he may be playing a little better by then but yeah, I dont expect him to look pretty. He may turn out to be a franchise QB in the future but to me he was the least ready of the top 3 to play NOW. Could be wrong though, should be intresting to watch.

Carlton Bailey
09-30-2006, 10:28 PM
The offense Young played in at Texas was definitely not a pro-style system. He's gonna take a while to learn Norm Chow's offense, so he'll look really bad for a long time. I do like Vince, however, and hope he turns out well.

LifetimeBillsFan
10-01-2006, 06:25 AM
I'm a little surprised that they are throwing him into the fire a bit by giving him his first start against Dallas, which has a pretty good defense and should make his life pretty miserable this week. But, the Titans aren't a very good team at this point and most of the teams that they are going to face are going to be tough enough on defense to give Young a hard time, so they might as well start him out sooner rather than later because he will need the time to develop.

If it weren't for the Raiders being as bad as they are, the Titans would probably be the unanimous pick for worst team in the NFL this season. They are paying for all of those seasons of success right now and don't have a whole lot of talent on their team at this point. It's going to be rough for them for a couple of years and they are going to have to make some good decisions in the draft and in free agency if they are going to put together the makings of a good team anytime in the not-too-distant future. And, the first decision that they'd better be right about is the one to take Vince Young.

I don't like Texas, I think Mack Brown is a great recruiter, but over-rated as a HC and I didn't like Vince Young initially. But, he won me over with the way that he improved during his college career and his performance last season. I'm curious to see how he develops as a NFL QB--his got a very interesting skills-set that makes him unique. It will be interesting to see how that translates into the NFL, how the Titans use his skills and how he picks up the pro game.

I'm sure that Parcells will see to it that he gets a real baptism into the NFL game today, though.

YardRat
10-01-2006, 07:07 AM
Young = Bust has been my guess from the beginning.

Mitchy moo
10-01-2006, 07:10 AM
Young = Bust has been my guess from the beginning.

A little early there but he never really ran a pro style offense so we'll see.